Which of these is the strongest MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PS: 15
VR: 10
BS: 10

or

PS: 10
VR: 15

or

BS: 15

Members don't see this ad.

depends on what you mean by "strong" I think.

If you ask me, the hardest to achieve would be a 15 in verbal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on how the schools use the scores (i.e. if they weight the sections differently, or compare the sections individually, or compare the cumulative score).

I CAN tell you that for my university
- people tend to score higher on PS
- people tend to score lower on VR
- there is a bias for a good BS score

So I would say they are all good in their own right. But if it was my choice to make, I would choose #2. :cool: 15 on PS is very feasible. 15 on BS is somewhat feasible. 15 on VR is just damned awesome.

Schaden Freud said:
PS: 15

or

VR: 15

or

BS: 15

I would think

PS 10
VR 15
BS 10

But I'll take any of those combination please :D :p

I'll just take a 10,10, 10 please.

I'd say 15 on VR is the hardest because some of the answers they feel are more correct are questionable, in my opinion. I can't think THAT much like the people that make this sucker up.

15 in verbal....but that's just for bragging rights....i'd take any of those 3

15VR >>>>>>>> 15 BS = 15 PS

It's the best predictor med schools have in predicting whether someone will pass USMLE1.

doyourealize1 said:
15VR >>>>>>>> 15 BS = 15 PS

It's the best predictor med schools have in predicting whether someone will pass USMLE1.

It is the best predictor, but it is a terrible one. Have you seen the R^2 value for that corellation? Its like .6

you arnt studying englsh literature, history, or philosophy in medical school, you are studying science. I guarantee you most schools hold the most weight on the science sections, regardless of what anyone else tells you.

I think the score with verbal with 15 is the best. Most students taking the mcat have a great deal of bio knowledge. I've had advisors tell me that a high score in BS is just expected from all a bio major's coursework.