Which schools do I have the best chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhoAmI1791

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Texas so I'm applying to all school in-state no matter what. I have an overall gpa of 3.57 major gpa of 3.75. My DAT scores: PAT 21, QR 18, RC 21, Bio 20, GC 19, OC 19, TC 19, AA 19. I have over 100 hours shadowing, work experience, organization leadership, and volunteer hours. I don't have research experience, but I plan to volunteer in a lab during the summer. I really hope I get accepted in-state, but I know it's very competitive. I plan on applying to about 5 schools out of state, but I'm not exactly sure which to apply to. I don't want to aim too high and waste my money on application fees. I appreciate all the input!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're aiming for schools that you'll definitely get into, I would look into LECOM and Touro. Lower end schools for a safety blanket.

If you want a higher chance of getting into a TX school, I would retake the DAT just to see if you can break 20AA. It's not suggested, but recommended...
Overall, your stats look very average and should get you a few interviews.
Apply to the newer schools like LECOM, Touro, UNE, UNLV, WesternU, and MW-AZ if you don't really care about where you go.

Reactions: 1 user
If I were you, I would apply to around 7ish schools more to bring your total to 10 with the TX schools. Your GPA is good but your DAT is just a little low. I don't know how much you value a couple hundred dollars (as in, do you struggle to pay the bills or do you just want to save money for more beer money) but I think it will be worth it to branch out a bit with your stats. Only apply places you are willing to go (think about tuition!!)