Which schools do I have the best chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhoAmI1791

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm from Texas so I'm applying to all school in-state no matter what. I have an overall gpa of 3.57 major gpa of 3.75. My DAT scores: PAT 21, QR 18, RC 21, Bio 20, GC 19, OC 19, TC 19, AA 19. I have over 100 hours shadowing, work experience, organization leadership, and volunteer hours. I don't have research experience, but I plan to volunteer in a lab during the summer. I really hope I get accepted in-state, but I know it's very competitive. I plan on applying to about 5 schools out of state, but I'm not exactly sure which to apply to. I don't want to aim too high and waste my money on application fees. I appreciate all the input!
 
If you're aiming for schools that you'll definitely get into, I would look into LECOM and Touro. Lower end schools for a safety blanket.
 
If you want a higher chance of getting into a TX school, I would retake the DAT just to see if you can break 20AA. It's not suggested, but recommended...
Overall, your stats look very average and should get you a few interviews.
Apply to the newer schools like LECOM, Touro, UNE, UNLV, WesternU, and MW-AZ if you don't really care about where you go.
 
If I were you, I would apply to around 7ish schools more to bring your total to 10 with the TX schools. Your GPA is good but your DAT is just a little low. I don't know how much you value a couple hundred dollars (as in, do you struggle to pay the bills or do you just want to save money for more beer money) but I think it will be worth it to branch out a bit with your stats. Only apply places you are willing to go (think about tuition!!)