SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Which Schools don't average grades when a course was repeated?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dastud85, May 6, 2007.

1. dastud85

dastud85 2+ Year Member

May 5, 2007
    hello all,
    I am new to this forum. I have just decided to go into pharmacy.

I was wondering if you guys know of schools that don't average grades when a course was repeated. I had to retake one of my classes. Thank you.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. textbook

textbook 2+ Year Member

Feb 28, 2007
    AZ
    If you apply through PharmCas both the original grade and new grade are used, so you can't pick an choose whether or not it is averaged. I guess it is possible for non-PharmCas schools to take only your new grade, but I don't know of any.

4. TheDrugMan

TheDrugMan 2+ Year Member

May 3, 2007
    I was kind of worried about that myself. I got an F like 12 years ago in my COM 101 (Writing) class. I forgot to withdraw when I dropped out of college. Now that I am back I retook it and got an A.

Is this going to hurt me when I apply? I have all A's in my science and other classes. I'm thinking I should be OK. I would like to have it removed from my transcript. I just dont know how:)

5. akamplace

akamplace 2+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2007
  6. gsinccom

gsinccom 7+ Year Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Wasatch Front
    the University of Utah takes the most recent grade only and doesn't average but the problem with the UofU is that if you aren't a resident of Utah your chances of getting in are very very slim!

7. TheDrugMan

TheDrugMan 2+ Year Member

May 3, 2007

Akamplace

Thank you for the links. Unfortunately forgiven classes show up on your transcript and I beleive PharmCAS does average them in. I have heard of people having their grade completely removed. I just dont know how they did it.

8. julierx

julierx Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Texas Tech is one that replaces grades..