Which Schools don't average grades when a course was repeated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dastud85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have just decided to go into pharmacy.

I was wondering if you guys know of schools that don't average grades when a course was repeated. I had to retake one of my classes. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply through PharmCas both the original grade and new grade are used, so you can't pick an choose whether or not it is averaged. I guess it is possible for non-PharmCas schools to take only your new grade, but I don't know of any.

I was kind of worried about that myself. I got an F like 12 years ago in my COM 101 (Writing) class. I forgot to withdraw when I dropped out of college. Now that I am back I retook it and got an A.

Is this going to hurt me when I apply? I have all A's in my science and other classes. I'm thinking I should be OK. I would like to have it removed from my transcript. I just dont know how:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this was already discussed before but i did your homework for you anyways.

Which schools have Academic Forgiveness??

are retakaken classes averaged together or is the newest grade counted?

Schools that take the retaken Classes grade vs schools that take the avg'ed grade

there. (search these posts, i dont know if you can just click on it or what) :)

the University of Utah takes the most recent grade only and doesn't average but the problem with the UofU is that if you aren't a resident of Utah your chances of getting in are very very slim!

I think this was already discussed before but i did your homework for you anyways.

Which schools have Academic Forgiveness??

are retakaken classes averaged together or is the newest grade counted?

Schools that take the retaken Classes grade vs schools that take the avg'ed grade

there. (search these posts, i dont know if you can just click on it or what) :)

Akamplace

Thank you for the links. Unfortunately forgiven classes show up on your transcript and I beleive PharmCAS does average them in. I have heard of people having their grade completely removed. I just dont know how they did it.

Texas Tech is one that replaces grades..