Which schools offer in-state tuition after the first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sonofmedardo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which schools offer in-state tuition after the first year? I have applied to:
Utah
OHSU
Louisville
Case Western
Texas A&M
UT Houston
Nova Southeastern
Creighton
Roseman
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which schools offer in-state tuition after the first year? I have applied to:
Utah
OHSU
Louisville
Case Western
Texas A&M
UT Houston
Nova Southeastern
Creighton
Roseman
Private schools charge the same whether you're IS or OOS and four of the schools on your list are privates. For the others, you need to look at what their residency requirements are. For TX in particular, I think you need to live there for a whole 12 months for reasons other than education and work in order to become a resident, and they are nearly impossible to get into as OOS anyway... not sure about the others.
 
Rutgers gives in-state tuition after the first year. Many students do it.

I also know UConn, Stony Brook, and Buffalo.
 
I know UNLV, Ohio State, and UNC do for certain. Augusta is also likely but I can't remember.