which schools will accept 2nd year transfers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nolamed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering which schools accept transfers into the second year. I know it's difficult and there's all kinds of stuff about LCME and matching coursework but has anyone done it and if so, where?

I am a first year at one of the new orleans med schools. I am really unhappy with our current situation and want the opportunity to have a med school experience that is stable. . .or at least worth what I'm paying for.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

nolamed said:
I'm wondering which schools accept transfers into the second year. I know it's difficult and there's all kinds of stuff about LCME and matching coursework but has anyone done it and if so, where?

I am a first year at one of the new orleans med schools. I am really unhappy with our current situation and want the opportunity to have a med school experience that is stable. . .or at least worth what I'm paying for.

Try contacting the AAMC. Good luck. Sorry to hear about your situation.

nolamed said:

I know Louisville does. one of my friend's transferred there from SLU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nolamed--

Columbia, Northwestern, Oregon Health Sciences, Wake Forest, UT Southwestern, SUNY Downstate and a few others have taken Tulane transfers, so you might want to start with them.

I'd also try other schools -- you'll probably get a better reception now after the dean's resignation, faculty firings, no more hospitals and all the other problems Tulane has. Remember that Tulane will try to block your transfer (probably illegal, but they're doing it anyway), so you have to be political about it. The deans at schools who've accepted transfers are pretty savvy and see through the Tulane BS, but you have to be persistent. I was able to get out, I just kept with it until I found a school that was aware of the situation (many are not because Tulane keeps trying to spin things like everything's fine) and sympathetic. You can do it-- start calling now.

Good luck! :)

dude who are you? I'm trying to transfer too... PM me

nixpix said:
Nolamed--

Columbia, Northwestern, Oregon Health Sciences, Wake Forest, UT Southwestern, SUNY Downstate and a few others have taken Tulane transfers, so you might want to start with them.

I'd also try other schools -- you'll probably get a better reception now after the dean's resignation, faculty firings, no more hospitals and all the other problems Tulane has. Remember that Tulane will try to block your transfer (probably illegal, but they're doing it anyway), so you have to be political about it. The deans at schools who've accepted transfers are pretty savvy and see through the Tulane BS, but you have to be persistent. I was able to get out, I just kept with it until I found a school that was aware of the situation (many are not because Tulane keeps trying to spin things like everything's fine) and sympathetic. You can do it-- start calling now.

Good luck! :)