Which subjects are better for Kaplan q's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssam555

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This has been probably stated somewhere. I have been on lots of forums for step 1 and everything starts to blend in on which forum i read the material. Well, i have been doing UW q's and have 45% left to do as in questions. My subscription ends the week of my exam - in 4 wks. I also have Kaplan q' bank and have only done 12% of the questions and that subscription ends in a week. I know lot of peoploe prefer to do UW's and at my rate, i feel comfortable i will complete them and have time to review my incorrect answers. I was wondering since I have Kaplan for just a week. Which subjects do you recommend in it to do? I thought I read somewhere, don't know which step 1 forum...but, some people recommened Micro, Behavioral, Genetics, and maybe pharm?
Thanks for any advice in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

i only did about 400 of the kaplan Qbank questions and did about 60% of the UW questions, but after takin the step 1 in mid june and doing pretty good, i would suggest if ur gonna do any Qbank questions do the behavioral ones. Behavioral questions on the step 1 are best prepped for by doing as many practice questions as u can. hope that helps

i only did about 400 of the kaplan Qbank questions and did about 60% of the UW questions, but after takin the step 1 in mid june and doing pretty good, i would suggest if ur gonna do any Qbank questions do the behavioral ones. Behavioral questions on the step 1 are best prepped for by doing as many practice questions as u can. hope that helps

I like Kaplan's a lot because they give you a best answer, then various degrees of "less correct" ones to explain what kind of answer they're going to be looking for on the boards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do the topics you're weakest in. Kaplan isn't that bad of a qbank, you can benefit from any subject. I wouldn't bother going over usmleworld again after you've finished it. 4 weeks is a crapload of time. I finished about 80% of usmleworld and 75% of kaplan in 4 weeks.

Agreed, I think it's still worth doing. Some of the Kaplan questions are very detailed, whereas most of the USMLE is pretty general ... but I think the difference between a good score and a great score on the USMLE is getting those super detailed questions correct.