• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

policymaker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
Can somebody tell me which IM residency programs require Step 2 scores -- CK and/or CS -- for application? I am especially interested in UT Galveston. Thanks, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but the search function is not working.

DoctorSax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
The Rock
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
policymaker said:
Can somebody tell me which IM residency programs require Step 2 scores -- CK and/or CS -- for application? I am especially interested in UT Galveston. Thanks, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but the search function is not working.

Love that program, man! (no bias here)

I didn't have Step II scores back and had not taken the CS when I interviewed there. You may need it before decisions are made, though, depending on the ol' Step I.

DS

policymaker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
So I take it you're at Galveston? What's it like there?

I'm glad to hear that Step 2 is not absolutely required for application. I did well on Step 1 so I've been adviced to wait 'til the spring to take Step 2.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.