This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starrystarrynight

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start my IPPE next semester and I was looking to get a new white coat to keep for experientials - does anyone have any suggestions of a good place to get one?

I was looking for something that's fairly decent quality but not too expensive.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you buy your own, consider Denline Protection Plus or some other fluid resistant coat like the phlebotomists get. It's about 1.5X the standard coat, but they don't get as gross when you're dealing with hospital patients and usually prevent fluid breakthrough which comes in handy when a patient vomits on you (personal experience).

Sleeve size: Make sure if you get long sleeves, that the sleeve is long enough that the bottom of your gloves goes under the sleeve leaving no skin exposed.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You should be able to order more from the school. In fact, if you can get enough classmates to buy them, u can get a discount off each coat.

Our school required a certain coat from a specific shop in town. We weren't allowed any variation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine too. After graduation I was given a long coat as a gift from my in-laws, but I also embroidered some of my old chemistry lab coats to boost my wardrobe.

If you buy your own, consider Denline Protection Plus or some other fluid resistant coat like the phlebotomists get. It's about 1.5X the standard coat, but they don't get as gross when you're dealing with hospital patients and usually prevent fluid breakthrough which comes in handy when a patient vomits on you (personal experience).

Sleeve size: Make sure if you get long sleeves, that the sleeve is long enough that the bottom of your gloves goes under the sleeve leaving no skin exposed.

Thanks for the tip on the material! I have really short arms and the length of sleeves is always too long so that should be a problem :)

You should be able to order more from the school. In fact, if you can get enough classmates to buy them, u can get a discount off each coat.

I don't like the one I got from the school actually. It's not the best fabric and it wrinkles REALLY easily :(

I bought a Cherokee brand one on Amazon for $17 for one of my jobs that doesn't provide them.