White Coat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're lucky that your scrubs have side leg pockets. A lot don't.
Even without side leg pockets.
I only have one pair of those which I can't even use a lot of times because I wore it from home. Those are my late night/trauma/ed/call pants. By then no one gives two ****s.

But regular scrub pants are still good. The back pocket can fit my tablet if I need it. But I honestly am just an old person and rely on pen and paper.

Members don't see this ad.

There, I put some brackets around it to indicate it was implied but not said by you, as you were appending onto the sentence you quoted.

Regardless, you do realize that DO students are med students, right....?

(Right?)

Maybe if you tilt your head and squint one eye

I love pockets. Big pockets, small pockets, wide pockets, narrow pockets, deep pockets, shallow pockets, back pockets, chest pockets, inside the coat pockets, outside the coat pockets, pants pockets, all types of pockets. White coats are good at having pockets.

Pockets WITH POCKETS IN THEM. It's like, WHAAAAT??! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And nurses. And pa students. And pharmacy students. And do students.

Well yeah the quote does look weird when you change it around

So I assumed what was weird in the sentence was "And do students." Anytime I see do and not DO, I think we mean the verb.

So I thought it was funny. I was imagining nurses, PA students, and pharmacy students, all wearing white coats. And do students. Meaning, they're all wearing white coats while participating in some strange gangbang orgy where they are "do"-ing med students who are wearing them too, like sticking it to them. And I assume we mean "doing" as in sticking it to the med (MD/DO) students because I assume like the euphemism for being a medical student is getting f*cked on a daily basis, and not in the good way.

So here I was thinking we were all just laughing at wording and commiserating....

When it was an MD vs DO pissing war?

do or do not, there is no DO?

If I was wrong about the DOs applying for MD stuff, I guess I should say that as far as I understood there was something that happened more recently where MDs had more competition for allopathic slots, and I thought it was the DOs, if not, that's cool. I have a hierarchy of med degrees I hate that is based purely on selfish competition for slots and has nothing to do with merit. Then I figured out I just hate congress for not funding enough slots for every otherwise qualified applicant to have a crack at training in light of physician shortage in the US.

But I digress.

May the force be with you.

Last edited:
Anyway I thought my misinterpretation while weird and offensive, was more humorous.

I wish all the DOs and MDs could get along. What you need at the end of a 16 hr day in front of a computer are the hands of a DO, word.

I don't see why MDs and DOs can't get along. If nothing else, we need to have a united front in our white doctor coats to keep the midlevels from taking over.

Anyway I thought my misinterpretation while weird and offensive, was more humorous.

I wish all the DOs and MDs could get along. What you need at the end of a 16 hr day in front of a computer are the hands of a DO, word.

I don't see why MDs and DOs can't get along. If nothing else, we need to have a united front in our white doctor coats to keep the midlevels from taking over.
Ummm. The vast majority of us do get along.

Unless that DO is using those hands to make me a steak med-rare, a frosty beer and an old fashioned... I need something else at the end of a 16 hour day

Reactions: 1 user
Unless that DO is using those hands to make me a steak med-rare, a frosty beer and an old fashioned... I need something else at the end of a 16 hour day

My co-workers are always practicing OMM on me or showing me stuff for my aches and pains. I gotta finish those notes before I'm allowed to eat.

And after an adjustment, notes, and steak and beer and more booze..... what's next? It can't get better than that can it? :rolleyes:

(My brain's pleasure center's imagination is sadly deconditioned by residency. My idea of a good time is getting adjusted and getting my notes done)

Last edited:
I think you missed the mini-flame war on here.

But yes, it's only on SDN that I see so much acrimony over it.
You mean where an MD student is in a little tiff with another MD student that started over a technicality, and then progressed to not actually involve any more MD vs DO arguments after the very first comment?

You mean where an MD student is in a little tiff with another MD student that started over a technicality, and then progressed to not actually involve any more MD vs DO arguments after the very first comment?

Yes, exactly that.

It was hilarious.

Thats sad
I think you mean "That's Awesome!" I'm certain there is some entertainment value in watching her interact with the barista and other regular, patient-type folks. ;-)

(But, for real...I keep finding odd random stains on mine. I'd think a white coat at Starbucks would act like a mess magnet.)

what does a white coat even mean anymore now that the nurses, techs, social workers wear it. the new distinguishing attire for doctors is jeans and polo with name tag and stethoscope, only a doctor can get away with wearing that.
I'm an advocate of sleeveless tee's with "sun's out, guns out" with swim trunks.

Reactions: 2 users