-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Who Else Feels Great
Started by mafunk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Today I started making a list of all the fun things I want to do this summer (I start med school in the fall). I will be done with my job at the end of May, then I have all of June and part of July to have fun. I was having a crappy day, but this definitely made it a little better 🙂
I feel great hearing about you med school n00bz! No joke.
Congrats!! Rest your brains. It's probably the ONLY rest it's going to get once it all starts! 😀
Congrats!! Rest your brains. It's probably the ONLY rest it's going to get once it all starts! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Desperately needed one!!!1

😎
😴
Desperately needed one!!!1

😎
😴
Great meeting with my masters field experience preceptor today. Done with the field experience, but I have the option to possibly come up with my own project or work more on one of theirs with a little more scheduling flexibility than the program I just finished. Very excited, really enjoyed the clinical research I've been doing. 

Great meeting with my masters field experience preceptor today. Done with the field experience, but I have the option to possibly come up with my own project or work more on one of theirs with a little more scheduling flexibility than the program I just finished. Very excited, really enjoyed the clinical research I've been doing.![]()
👍👍
officially starting 4th year!!! *eek*
officially starting 4th year!!! *eek*
I just got my MCAT score back - 35! (11,13,11)
My first MCAT was two years ago and I got a 28, and this time I studied on my own for about 3 and a half months. I'm so proud of myself because I did it while working full time and raising a three year old. 🙂
My first MCAT was two years ago and I got a 28, and this time I studied on my own for about 3 and a half months. I'm so proud of myself because I did it while working full time and raising a three year old. 🙂i just got my mcat score back - 35! (11,13,11)My first mcat was two years ago and i got a 28, and this time i studied on my own for about 3 and a half months. I'm so proud of myself because i did it while working full time and raising a three year old. 🙂
congratulations!!
I met with my Bio tutor this morning and worked as quickly as possible and covered a lot of material. Helped fellow Bio student later that day with material back at college. Co-leading study group tomorrow. Seeing Superman on Sunday with friends (they actually bought the tickets for me since our original showing got cancelled). Learning and grasping BIO material finally thanks to tutor. Realized that a girl I was pursuing was self absorbed and I am better off without her (learned that I need to stick to my boundaries and not people please but still empathize with common sense and to a limit). Hoping I rock out the Bio Midterm or at-least pass it. I accidentally insulted one of the girls at Starbucks today; I built up the courage to apologize quickly which led to a steady conversation about her life, goals, dreams and she taught me how to curse in sign language ( maybe she could become a new friend 🙂 ) I feel so damn proud of myself that I am actually putting in so much effort, working so damn hard and seeing personal results that yes I can learn this stuff and I really enjoy what I am learning as I see a use for it. I want to be a Doctor. The empowerment I feel shows me I am headed in the right direction. 1 month ago I only had one active friend in another part of the world. One month later after moving 3k miles I have multiple friends who actually care about me (I had almost come to the conclusion that I wasn't a person someone could care about) a change in environment has done so much for me.
I feel bloody [it's the English in me] great. No matter what happens I know as long as I give each day my most effort I will find a way. The future really is today; the best way to prepare for tomorrow is to do the very very best you can do today and understand that you can't change the past. We all have our ups and downs; times we want to die and jump off the cliff or moments of euphoria. Finding the balance in between is what I consider Nirvana (or that state of pure tranquility) that will lead to internal peace and contentment.
I feel bloody [it's the English in me] great. No matter what happens I know as long as I give each day my most effort I will find a way. The future really is today; the best way to prepare for tomorrow is to do the very very best you can do today and understand that you can't change the past. We all have our ups and downs; times we want to die and jump off the cliff or moments of euphoria. Finding the balance in between is what I consider Nirvana (or that state of pure tranquility) that will lead to internal peace and contentment.
Last edited:
Anyone else try St. Germain in bourbon with a dash of bitters?
It'll make you feel great! 🙂
It'll make you feel great! 🙂
Finally saw superman with buddies, Had Indian food afterwards, Had fun conversations and we took a bunch of pictures and did goofy things with them. Met a BSN student back at college; that seemed really cool. Went to Starbucks to study and had one of the coolest conversations in my life about the office, 300, Superman and Will Ferrell with the guy working there. Also got some great feedback from one of the girls there.
Last edited:
I think my new puppy has about 50 IQ points on me, which is never a good thing.
However, all the mischief has made me laugh more in the last 48 hours than the previous 12 months combined. Literally, so hard I cried and couldn't even relate the story to anyone else I tried to tell it to because I kept having to stop.
Poor little girl is a rescue who was thrown out of a car and left in the road to be hit, got a broken leg that's been fixed with pins. But I'm happy to have the chance to try and make up for that, no matter what kind of crazy I'm in for 🙂
However, all the mischief has made me laugh more in the last 48 hours than the previous 12 months combined. Literally, so hard I cried and couldn't even relate the story to anyone else I tried to tell it to because I kept having to stop.
Poor little girl is a rescue who was thrown out of a car and left in the road to be hit, got a broken leg that's been fixed with pins. But I'm happy to have the chance to try and make up for that, no matter what kind of crazy I'm in for 🙂
I took some time away from prereqs and old friends to do some random odd jobs. I have been on an upward trajectory career wise now. At some point, I did not realize why I was doing what I was doing. I was in a rut. I realized that I was associating too much of my identity with my coursework. If something went wrong, I would be devastated. I think distancing myself from the coursework has helped me to realize. It is just a job like any other job. I should have a life outside my work. Medicine can be all consuming so I am going to skip out of it. I will do PharmD or DDS. I care more about having a healthy lifestyle and relationships more than an MD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my MCAT score back - 35! (11,13,11)My first MCAT was two years ago and I got a 28, and this time I studied on my own for about 3 and a half months. I'm so proud of myself because I did it while working full time and raising a three year old. 🙂
Nicely done!
I did really well on my IM shelf! Um... NO MORE IM. I'm in a cushy lil cardiology elective. No nights. No weekends.
My buddy and his new fiancee will be in DC for a Nationals game tomorrow, and since I'm a broke-ass med student, they bought me a ticket to join them. Finally get to see them since he popped the Q earlier this year.
I get to leave Bally Baltimore next weekend (because I can 🙂 ) to go home to sweet home Chicago.
I am feelin' good!! And props StephanieZ!!!
My buddy and his new fiancee will be in DC for a Nationals game tomorrow, and since I'm a broke-ass med student, they bought me a ticket to join them. Finally get to see them since he popped the Q earlier this year.
I get to leave Bally Baltimore next weekend (because I can 🙂 ) to go home to sweet home Chicago.
I am feelin' good!! And props StephanieZ!!!
Whatever happened to MaFunk? Anyone know?
I finished my first three weeks of IM with a long oncall day last night and am looking forward to a week of clinic. The road is long and hard, but oh so rewarding. I love having the opportunity to meet so many amazing people. The sun is bright and I feel great today!
I finished my first three weeks of IM with a long oncall day last night and am looking forward to a week of clinic. The road is long and hard, but oh so rewarding. I love having the opportunity to meet so many amazing people. The sun is bright and I feel great today!
This is the most cheerful thing that I have read all day 👍
Totally not med related but I ordered a new bed. A much, much bigger bed. This makes me very happy.
(We won't talk about what happened to the old one or the huge bruise I have as a result. I will just relish the thought of sprawling out any direction I please and crashing hard.)
😴
(We won't talk about what happened to the old one or the huge bruise I have as a result. I will just relish the thought of sprawling out any direction I please and crashing hard.)
😴
now you need high thread count sheets!
Today I finished my Biology Seminar presentation and nailed it. This makes me feel so great because I have general anxiety about presenting in front of peers. This was especially true today when I was surprised by the guest substitute professor evaluating our presentations. I plan to ask this professor for a LOR and I felt that
moment when saw him.
Plus this cookie dough ice cream is to die for.
moment when saw him. Plus this cookie dough ice cream is to die for.
Plus this cookie dough ice cream is to die for.
Good job on the presentation.
Def agree on the cookie dough ice cream. I have this thing where I tend to eat a little of the ice cream and mostly just fish out all of the cooki dough. I figure there's fewer calories this way, though I suppose it's a tad wasteful.. Ben and Jerry's was my prev fave due to large chunks and creamy ice cream, but then I discovered edy's maxx cookie dough with tollhouse cookie dough. Now I'm in big trouble because its so loaded with cookie dough that even if you fish out just the cookie dough with a little bit if ice cream, you still wind up eating the whole pint.😛
and ladies and gentlemen....
we have our first official interview scheduled for 9/16/13!!!!!
repeat after me: i will not freak out, i will not freak out, i will not freak out, i will not freak out
😱
we have our first official interview scheduled for 9/16/13!!!!!
repeat after me: i will not freak out, i will not freak out, i will not freak out, i will not freak out
😱

and ladies and gentlemen....
we have our first official interview scheduled for 9/16/13!!!!!
repeat after me: i will not freak out, i will not freak out, i will not freak out, i will not freak out
😱![]()
Congrats!
Invite two!!
Eek - two invites post one week of submission!!!
This could be a crazy season!
Eek - two invites post one week of submission!!!
This could be a crazy season!
Congrats!!!
Not as exciting as interviews, but I will be getting my new bed next week.
Not as exciting as interviews, but I will be getting my new bed next week.
Good job on the presentation.
Def agree on the cookie dough ice cream. I have this thing where I tend to eat a little of the ice cream and mostly just fish out all of the cooki dough. I figure there's fewer calories this way, though I suppose it's a tad wasteful.. Ben and Jerry's was my prev fave due to large chunks and creamy ice cream, but then I discovered edy's maxx cookie dough with tollhouse cookie dough. Now I'm in big trouble because its so loaded with cookie dough that even if you fish out just the cookie dough with a little bit if ice cream, you still wind up eating the whole pint.😛
I just aced my summer courses and I was tempted buy more of that dang ice cream! Such a bittersweet moment. I have a cruise in 2 weeks but, I'm fatter than I ever was. No ice cream for me, It's time get fit.
I would say a new bed is great news. BTW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting for AMCAS is making me a little nutty, but it feels amazing to realize that I am actually going to be a doctor. It's really going to happen!
For the past year I've been worried that somehow I would screw it all up, but I haven't! I've already written half of my secondaries and will write the rest next week. As soon as my app is verified, I'm ready to go!
I can't believe it's all finally happening! Woooo!
Thanks for the love all 🙂
Third invite today!! ERAS was submitted last week Friday and the AOA one Saturday
This from the five time reapplicant who did not meet minimum requirements at the first SMP who had numerous people telling her she would never be here and she should wave the white flag - all this for that girl 😱
I may not come down from cloud nine all weekend
Third invite today!! ERAS was submitted last week Friday and the AOA one Saturday
This from the five time reapplicant who did not meet minimum requirements at the first SMP who had numerous people telling her she would never be here and she should wave the white flag - all this for that girl 😱
I may not come down from cloud nine all weekend
Congrats!!!
Not as exciting as interviews, but I will be getting my new bed next week.
Ohh, I am jealous
Need a review of your mattress when you get a chance if you love it - we are in the market for a new one
Ohh, I am jealous
Need a review of your mattress when you get a chance if you love it - we are in the market for a new one
Ok, but I should warn you I'm sleeping on a single now since the trundle pop up part of my daybed broke. Anything's bound to seem awesome after this.
Almost fell out of bed this morning when I went to get up. Since I've had this bed for the last 12 years, I figured I'd go for broke on the upgrade. Seriously though, way to make a comeback. Hope you match to a top choice and excellent fit.
More people need to post on these threads. I hate posting right after myself. It just feels wrong. lol
New bed came today, however, it was the wrong version. Apparently they goofed and had the low profile bed without under bed storage and the low profile bed with under bed storage under the same product number. They are the same number except the storage bed is supposed to show up with LST at the end, but it didn't.
So they're letting me keep this one until the storage sections get here to swap out, so no more sleeping on the tiny bed, AND even though the one with storage is more expensive, they aren't going to charge me extra since they goofed!!
New bed came today, however, it was the wrong version. Apparently they goofed and had the low profile bed without under bed storage and the low profile bed with under bed storage under the same product number. They are the same number except the storage bed is supposed to show up with LST at the end, but it didn't.
So they're letting me keep this one until the storage sections get here to swap out, so no more sleeping on the tiny bed, AND even though the one with storage is more expensive, they aren't going to charge me extra since they goofed!!
More people need to post on these threads. I hate posting right after myself. It just feels wrong. lol
New bed came today, however, it was the wrong version. Apparently they goofed and had the low profile bed without under bed storage and the low profile bed with under bed storage under the same product number. They are the same number except the storage bed is supposed to show up with LST at the end, but it didn't.
So they're letting me keep this one until the storage sections get here to swap out, so no more sleeping on the tiny bed, AND even though the one with storage is more expensive, they aren't going to charge me extra since they goofed!!
Yay for bigger bed but yucky that you have to switch it out which means more time waiting
I got invites 4-5-6 this week so far
I am still in awe
Oh yeah and I registered S for high school today- I am now officially a parent to a high schooler!!
i sent s to high school today - dropped her off and i did not cry
got another interview invite
and i tackle my COMLEX level 2 today
i think i get kudos for not crying when i dropped s off 😎
got another interview invite
and i tackle my COMLEX level 2 today
i think i get kudos for not crying when i dropped s off 😎
i think i get kudos for not crying when i dropped s off 😎
I think so tooo

My bed is pretty awesome. I'd be sleeping like a baby if not for the crying little pup waking me up every few hours. But sooooo nice to sprawl out.
I think so tooo
My bed is pretty awesome. I'd be sleeping like a baby if not for the crying little pup waking me up every few hours. But sooooo nice to sprawl out.
Yay for sprawling out!!!
Hope the puppy is better 🙂
As for me -
Last LOR in today so now the real mayhem of interview invites can begin
And invite 10 today
Still absolutely amazed
so lets see -
i passed step 2 CE which means i am d-o-n-e with all standaradized tests betwen now and graduation YAHOO!!!!!! (we have school administered tests at the end of ER and OMM but that is all i have left)
i had my second interview which went well - a little strange at lunch but well
and oh yeah i am up to 24 invites - including one med/peds 😱 i think i slightly overapplied and/or underestimated the maturity factor 😕
i passed step 2 CE which means i am d-o-n-e with all standaradized tests betwen now and graduation YAHOO!!!!!! (we have school administered tests at the end of ER and OMM but that is all i have left)
i had my second interview which went well - a little strange at lunch but well
and oh yeah i am up to 24 invites - including one med/peds 😱 i think i slightly overapplied and/or underestimated the maturity factor 😕
and oh yeah i am up to 24 invites - including one med/peds 😱 i think i slightly overapplied and/or underestimated the maturity factor 😕
Rock on!!!!
I'm feeling great too. My supervisor emailed me and offered me the evening shift position. I accepted. as soon as they replace my spot on nights NO MORE NIGHT SHIFT!!!! (At least for this stage of the game). Plus I'll only have to work every fourth weekend unlike every weekend like I do now. Looking forward to being more social and feeling more human soon.

so lets see -
i passed step 2 CE which means i am d-o-n-e with all standaradized tests betwen now and graduation YAHOO!!!!!! (we have school administered tests at the end of ER and OMM but that is all i have left)
i had my second interview which went well - a little strange at lunch but well
and oh yeah i am up to 24 invites - including one med/peds 😱 i think i slightly overapplied and/or underestimated the maturity factor 😕
Nice! residency programs pay for your hotel and travel right?
I'm enjoying my sunday- I made some shredded hog maw with ma la sauce and I'm having it with a diet coke and star trek. Good stuff before volunteering this afternoon
I have interviews at 50% of the schools I applied too. First one is done and now instead of feeling a nervous excitement I'm just excited to see all these schools. It's finally starting to cool off here in Texas, the longhorns won last night and I'm making blue cheese burgers for the cowboys game.
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Alas, for the most part, no. On the bright side, they do pay for your travel when you go to interview for attending jobs. Or so my experience has been thus far.Nice! residency programs pay for your hotel and travel right?
WTG with the invites, m23. 👍
Alas, for the most part, no. On the bright side, they do pay for your travel when you go to interview for attending jobs. Or so my experience has been thus far.
WTG with the invites, m23. 👍
That's nice of the hospitals, to pay your expenses. Have you gone on interviews to nice places just to get a free mini-vacation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice! residency programs pay for your hotel and travel right?
I'm enjoying my sunday- I made some shredded hog maw with ma la sauce and I'm having it with a diet coke and star trek. Good stuff before volunteering this afternoon
All except one have paid for a hotel room the night before if I am traveling
I think it depends on program type
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
No. It's kind of poor form to waste people's time and money, and medicine is a small enough community where that kind of thing would come back to bite you in the you know where. Not to mention that I don't want to spend my limited number of vacation days going to nice places but being in hospitals talking to doctors. Hospital cafeterias and wards look the same everywhere.That's nice of the hospitals, to pay your expenses. Have you gone on interviews to nice places just to get a free mini-vacation?
I survived homecoming and the first date without freaking out too bad or turning into stalker mom
Cautiously optimistic about getting in at one of my top schools. They said in the interview day that people who are waitlisted will get their status ahead of the 10/15 date, and people on the school specific thread who interviewed later than me just got their wait-list status on Friday. So... I'm hoping this means I'm either accepted or rejected. AFAIK they only reject if you're a sociopath who also happens to be a drug addict and serial killer, so I'm hoping for the best.
Also had another interview on Friday and felt I nailed it. Got another tomorrow. Can't wait til 10/15 so I can start withdrawing from places...
Also had another interview on Friday and felt I nailed it. Got another tomorrow. Can't wait til 10/15 so I can start withdrawing from places...
I just got my MCAT score back - 35! (11,13,11)My first MCAT was two years ago and I got a 28, and this time I studied on my own for about 3 and a half months. I'm so proud of myself because I did it while working full time and raising a three year old. 🙂
Congrats!!! 👍
Now... tell me your secrets. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K
D
- Locked
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K
- Locked
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K
