General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Will you be attending?? I was notified I was waitlisted on 3/23 as well.
Congrats! Will you be attending?? I was notified I was waitlisted on 3/23 as well.
Thank you! So I got into a OTD program as well so I think I may choose the OTD program. I’m not really sure yet, but Alvernia said I have until May 1st to accept my seat. However, I heard the waitlist moves pretty quickly for Alvernia because it is a part time program and most people don’t want to spend 3.5 years in school. I hope you get in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!!!
So I was wailisted at Rush, but my #1 right now is Elmhurst. So we will know hopefully beginning of April if Elmhurst is accredited(directly stated by the director there). I have talked to current students and all have said amazing things about the program and think they will be accredited. They say they feel prepared for fieldwork and are glad they are part of the first cohort. Almost everyone presented research at the OT conference(which means that they have a good portion of the curriculum dedicated to research based practice which is awesome) and alot of them told me their fieldwork supervisors were impressed by their knowledge they gained through the OT program. Alot of it also comes down to masters vs doctorate. Personally I didnt want a docorate program. Rush is over $100,000 for almost an extra year while Elmhurst is about $60,000. Plus think about the interest. Having a doctorate doesnt mean more pay and also I've heard employers dont really care where you graduated from as long as its accredited and you actually have your license. If you see yourself teaching then maybe the doctorate is worth it but I see myself doing a MOT, working and paying off the loans and then maybe finding a bridge program to get a doctorate (if I still want that).If anything I'd say to wait until that accreditation process goes through. If accredited I personally will fully commit to the program and be there in the fall! (My backup is Carroll University- also a newly acctedited MOT program)
Feel free to message me personally if you want to talk more!

Hey!

Thank you SO much for all of your advice and feedback. :) I LOVED Elmhurst and am just waiting for them to hopefully become accredited. Did you got to Elmhurst as an undergraduate, too?

Thank you! So I got into a OTD program as well so I think I may choose the OTD program. I’m not really sure yet, but Alvernia said I have until May 1st to accept my seat. However, I heard the waitlist moves pretty quickly for Alvernia because it is a part time program and most people don’t want to spend 3.5 years in school. I hope you get in!

That's awesome, congrats on getting into OTD! I got waitlisted to my top choice so I'm probably going to take any offer that comes first at this point. And thank you, I hope so too! It's relieving to know that Alvernia's waitlist moves fast though because I can at least go somewhere for school! For now, it's just a waiting game for me lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!

Thank you SO much for all of your advice and feedback. :) I LOVED Elmhurst and am just waiting for them to hopefully become accredited. Did you got to Elmhurst as an undergraduate, too?
Yeah it really does seem like a good program! Hopefully a few more days and we will know about accreditation! I did! I went to Elmhurst for three semesters, since I graduated early. I didnt have a single bad professor and I loved the small class sizes. Also the campus is amazing- so pretty to walk around! Very safe area with the smaller town of Elmhurst right there and the chance to take a train right to Chicago if needed!

Has anyone on the Rush University waitlist been pulled yet? Going slightly insane with this waiting game

UPDATED

Applied: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern, University of South Alabama, University of Alabama, Winston Salem State University
Interviews: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern (video interview), University of South Alabama, University of Alabama.
Acceptances: Nova Southeastern (4/3), Augusta University (4/10)
Denied: Brenau University, Winston Salem
Waitlisting: University of Alabama, University of South Alabama.

Most likely am going to go to Augusta University!

Has anyone on the Rush University waitlist been pulled yet? Going slightly insane with this waiting game
I was pulled off the waitlist last week! Giving up my spot today so it should go to someone soon!

Applied : St. Catherine University and University of Minnesota
Accepted: St. Catherine University
Wait listed: U of M

Applied : St. Catherine University and University of Minnesota
Accepted: St. Catherine University
Wait listed: U of M
Were you originally accepted from st. kate's or were you pulled off the wait list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it really does seem like a good program! Hopefully a few more days and we will know about accreditation! I did! I went to Elmhurst for three semesters, since I graduated early. I didnt have a single bad professor and I loved the small class sizes. Also the campus is amazing- so pretty to walk around! Very safe area with the smaller town of Elmhurst right there and the chance to take a train right to Chicago if needed!
Did you decide on Elmhurst or Carroll?

Did you decide on Elmhurst or Carroll?
Sorry for the delay. They have yet to make a decision about the accreditation of the program. I am 100% sure I am going there but want to hold on to Carroll's seat until a formal decision is made. Hopefully soon!!

Sorry for the delay. They have yet to make a decision about the accreditation of the program. I am 100% sure I am going there but want to hold on to Carroll's seat until a formal decision is made. Hopefully soon!!
Okay I understand. I am praying I get pulled off the waitlist at Carroll so that’s why I was asking! I heard Elmhurst won’t know their accreditation status till the end of April.

Okay I understand. I am praying I get pulled off the waitlist at Carroll so that’s why I was asking! I heard Elmhurst won’t know their accreditation status till the end of April.
No worries. I know its stressful to wait and such. I was told just April lol. But yeah at this rate its probably the end.

Applied: USC, Touro University, West coast university, Stanbridge, St. Augustine, AT Still university
Interviews: Touro, Stanbridge, West coast university, st augustine
Acceptances: USC (4/4), Stanbridge (3/27)
Denied:
Waitlisted: Touro University

Attending: Stanbridge Fall 2018

I never wanted to post this because i was embarrassed, but at this point i would truly love feedback. This is my SECOND time going through this application process and so far it’s been disappointing. Here are my stats:
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Major
: Human Development & Family Studies
GPA: last 60- 3.6, overall- 3.3
GRE: 149 V 155 Q 4.5 Writing
Prerequisite: 3.1-3.5 depending on school
Experience: PA at a transitional living center for students with disabilities in college (3 years), served on committee to improve program as well, inclusion aide at the Park district (2 summers), intern at the Autism Program supporting families and people with autism (1 semester), PA through the state (2 years), study abroad in Africa volunteering at home for people with severe disabilities (2 months), I returned to Africa the following year to aid someone in going on the trip with a disability, development supervisor at the development lab at my university (1 year).
Volunteer/Obversation: 100+ hours at a hospital (emergency room, maternal ward, and OT dept), Personal trainer for a man with a disability (1 semester), observed at center for people with severe disabilities in Africa (40+ hours), observed at pediatric ot office (10 hrs), observed at transitional living facility (10 hrs)
Other: CPR/AED certified
Applied: UIC, Rush, WashU, Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Indiana State, Colorado State, North Central College
Rejections: UIC, Rush, WashU, Colorado State, Wisconsin-Madison
Waitlisted: Indiana State
Interviews: Indiana State, North Central College
Acceptances: none

I am not sure if there’s something i am doing differently than other applicants but I’m beginning to become discouraged. I retook A&P this year as well as the GRE for a higher score in all areas. It is very difficult for me to volunteer/observe as well as keep applying year after year because i am completely independent from my parents financially and struggle to uphold costs of living to continue doing this. I work a full time job and two part time jobs so volunteering my time is almost impossible.

I understand completely. I had no idea the competitiveness until a year ago and half ago when I started this process. This is my second career. I have similar stats 3.35 GPA 3.6 pre-reqs. 300+ volunteer hours in multiple settings. My background is in pharmaceutical sales and my degree is Communications. Even after a tutor my GRE scores were not pretty. I hate that test, it should hold no value to how we perform as future health care professionals.

I had to move from my home of 3 years in Florida back to my hometown in NJ for financial reasons. I’m 26. Applications, tutors, and volunteer hours etc. it’s a grueling process. I applied to 11 schools. Still waiting to hear from 2 and as of today I was accepted to Hofstra. And originally I was waistlisted there. All the rest I was rejected. Maybe you’ll get into Indiana! Give them a call and ask questions. That’s what I did.

You never know what schools are looking for besides the numbers (GPA/GRE) on a page. It’s frustrating. Don’t give up. If you interview well that’s definitely a plus. And maybe don’t apply to schools that require GRE. Best of luck. :)

I understand completely. I had no idea the competitiveness until a year ago and half ago when I started this process. This is my second career. I have similar stats 3.35 GPA 3.6 pre-reqs. 300+ volunteer hours in multiple settings. My background is in pharmaceutical sales and my degree is Communications. Even after a tutor my GRE scores were not pretty. I hate that test, it should hold no value to how we perform as future health care professionals.

I had to move from my home of 3 years in Florida back to my hometown in NJ for financial reasons. I’m 26. Applications, tutors, and volunteer hours etc. it’s a grueling process. I applied to 11 schools. Still waiting to hear from 2 and as of today I was accepted to Hofstra. And originally I was waistlisted there. All the rest I was rejected. Maybe you’ll get into Indiana! Give them a call and ask questions. That’s what I did.

You never know what schools are looking for besides the numbers (GPA/GRE) on a page. It’s frustrating. Don’t give up. If you interview well that’s definitely a plus. And maybe don’t apply to schools that require GRE. Best of luck. :)
Thanks for taking the time to respond to this. I am so happy that you got accepted into a program! Hard work truly pays off, I was just pulled from Indiana states waitlist! I couldn’t be more excited. It was worth it all knowing I’ll be an OT.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for taking the time to respond to this. I am so happy that you got accepted into a program! Hard work truly pays off, I was just pulled from Indiana states waitlist! I couldn’t be more excited. It was worth it all knowing I’ll be an OT.

Yay!! That’s so awesome. Hard work and a positive mindset pays off. You deserve it. Best of luck!

University of Massachusetts - Boston
Major:
Exercise Health Science + Psychology
GPA:
GRE:
147 V, 147 Q, 4.5 writing
Volunteer: 100+ hours in different OT settings
Work Experience: 3 years of Preschool Teacher + High School Volleyball Coach
Applied: MGH IHP, MCPHS, Tufts University, Springfield College
Rejections: Tufts University and Springfield College
Acceptances: MGH IHP and MCPHS

Congratulations to everyone accepted and waitlisted. I still have yet to hear back anything from Downstate. For those of you waitlisted did you have an interview? And or to those pulled off the waitlist are they doing interviews for you before getting accepted?

Congratulations to everyone accepted and waitlisted. I still have yet to hear back anything from Downstate. For those of you waitlisted did you have an interview? And or to those pulled off the waitlist are they doing interviews for you before getting accepted?
I was waitlisted at ISU, and pulled from the list end of April. I interviewed at ISU and truly believe it is why I am admitted there. Also, it really helped me get a feel for how I fit in with their program structure, faculty, students, etc. I was not required to interview after being pulled from the waitlist for acceptance.

FINAL UPDATE! :)

Major: Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.88
GRE: 301, Writing 3.5

Extras: College swimmer, University Honor’s Program, Dean’s List, Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Sorority Member – Intramural Chair, Classroom note-taker, Teacher's Assistant for Medical Terminology

Observation Hours: 50 in a Pediatric Private Practice, 100+ (Continuous volunteer) in a hospital's rehab facility (geriatrics)

Applied: FGCU, FIU, Nova, Barry, University of St. Augustine in Miami

Interviews: Nova, St. Augustine, FGCU, Barry (declined), FIU (declined)
Acceptances: Nova, St. Augustine, FGCU
Waitlisted:
Rejections:

Attending: FGCU!

Congrats!

Did st Augustine Miami say when the MOT program will be accredited ? Thinking of applying there but the program not having an accredited status yet scares me

Congrats!

Did st Augustine Miami say when the MOT program will be accredited ? Thinking of applying there but the program not having an accredited status yet scares me

I asked them multiple times, and they never really gave me a straight answer. They just told me not to worry about it and it would be taken care of before I graduated, and if it wasn’t, they would “transfer” me to one of their other campuses and I would graduate from there. As scary as it seems, I do have faith in them because they do have another accredited program in Florida, as well as in California and Texas.

Accepted: Indiana Wesleyan
Waitlisted: Belmont, Cox College, Wesley College
Still Waiting: Concordia University-Wisconsin

Accepted: Indiana Wesleyan
Waitlisted: Belmont, Cox College, Wesley College
Still Waiting: Concordia University-Wisconsin
I took my application out of Concordia- kind of crazy you have to wait till June or later to hear anything. Lol good luck!!

Ok this is my "I'M GOING TO BE AN OT!" update! :D

Interviews: Allen College, ATStill, Shenandoah, Pacific U (2/10)
Rejected: Duquesne, Brenau (said my prereqs are too old), WNE
Waitlisted: Allen, ATSU, Shenandoah, Midwestern (for interview), Gannon-Erie (need physics)
Still Waiting: Jefferson, StCatherine, Sacred Heart, Davenport, Trinity Washington, Husson University
Acceptances: D'Youville!

Hi!
Conrats on the acceptance to D'Youville! I know this is extremely late but I just got accepted into the program two weeks ago and I was wondering if you know if there is a facebook page for our class? It would just be great to be in the loop, since I'm getting such a late start!
Thank you!

I was waitlisted at ISU, and pulled from the list end of April. I interviewed at ISU and truly believe it is why I am admitted there. Also, it really helped me get a feel for how I fit in with their program structure, faculty, students, etc. I was not required to interview after being pulled from the waitlist for acceptance.
Could I ask if you remember how the interview process at ISU went? I interview there tomorrow!:)

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

University: Temple University
Major: Bachelors in Therapeutic Recreation
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 151 V, 152 Q, 4.0 A

Extra-Curric: Rec4Life student therapeutic rec club,

Experience: Recreational therapist in group home for medically fragile children, Behavior technician for children with autism, Exercise technician in a PT clinic, Intern at school for children with cerebral palsy

Volunteer: Hospital/Rehab- 8 hours, Pediatrics- 30 hours, Developmental Disabilities- 15 hours

LOR: 1 OT that I worked with, 2 professors from undergrad, 1 PT that I worked with, 1 colleague/personal reference.

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, USciences, Temple U, Salus, Philadelphia U, Gwynedd Mercy

Acceptances: Temple University (1/8), Salus University (9/22)

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson

Waitlisted: USciences

Interviews: Salus (9/11), Temple (12/27)
hi! I know this thread is from last year but i’m hoping you’ll see my question haha. I was wondering, how long after your interviews did you hear back from Temple and Thomas Jefferson? I just had my interviews with them and i’m anxious lol. Also, when did you hear anything from Usciences? I’m not even sure if they do interviews or when i should expect to hear anything from them. Thanks!

hi! I know this thread is from last year but i’m hoping you’ll see my question haha. I was wondering, how long after your interviews did you hear back from Temple and Thomas Jefferson? I just had my interviews with them and i’m anxious lol. Also, when did you hear anything from Usciences? I’m not even sure if they do interviews or when i should expect to hear anything from them. Thanks!
Hey! I wonder if we met because I also just interviewed at Jefferson! :) They said they'll send their responses in about 2-3 weeks!