General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah!! Thank you!! Hope your hear good news soon!
Thank you!!! I will keep you posted when I do.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Update:

Accepted: WashU (1/17), Drake University (2/12)
Interviewed: Rush (1/10), Drake University (1/26)
Waitlisted: Rush (1/30), Creighton University [without interview] (2/20)
Rejected: Pacific University (2/27)
Still waiting: Colorado State

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I haven't put my stats in here yet, but now that I'm "done" with the process I'm excited to recap!

Undergrad: BS in Health Sciences pre-clinical concentration
Cum GPA: 3.4
Last 45: 3.79
Pre-Req: 3.8-ish
GRE: M- 151 A- 152 W- 3.5

Experience:
Rehab Tech (SNF): 800+ hours
Behavior Therapist: 500+ hours
Caregiver for folks with DD: 1000+ hours
Shadowing in ped's clinic: 5 hours

I only applied to 3 schools: Rush( interviewed and waitlisted), USC (turned app in late and waitlisted), and Pacific (interviewed and accepted).

I'll be going to Pacific! If any fellow cohort members are out there I'd love to get in touch!

Hi all! I haven't put my stats in here yet, but now that I'm "done" with the process I'm excited to recap!

Undergrad: BS in Health Sciences pre-clinical concentration
Cum GPA: 3.4
Last 45: 3.79
Pre-Req: 3.8-ish
GRE: M- 151 A- 152 W- 3.5

Experience:
Rehab Tech (SNF): 800+ hours
Behavior Therapist: 500+ hours
Caregiver for folks with DD: 1000+ hours
Shadowing in ped's clinic: 5 hours

I only applied to 3 schools: Rush( interviewed and waitlisted), USC (turned app in late and waitlisted), and Pacific (interviewed and accepted).

I'll be going to Pacific! If any fellow cohort members are out there I'd love to get in touch!

Wow congrats on Pacific!!!
When were you notified about acceptance?

Have any of you got off the waitlist for UTEP class of 2020?
I am currently on the waitlist and have not heard anything yet.
I don't know what to think, this is making me a nervous wreck.

Have any of you got off the waitlist for UTEP class of 2020?
I am currently on the waitlist and have not heard anything yet.
I don't know what to think, this is making me a nervous wreck.
I got off the waitlist yesterday....on a SUNDAY! I could not believe it! Best of luck to you!! Just stay positive and hopeful!

I got off the waitlist yesterday....on a SUNDAY! I could not believe it! Best of luck to you!! Just stay positive and hopeful!

wow congratulations!!! That's awesome! :)
If you don't mind me asking did you e-mail them asking about how large the list was and where you were ranked or did you just sit back and be patient?
I'm wondering if I should ask or not..

wow congratulations!!! That's awesome! :)
If you don't mind me asking did you e-mail them asking about how large the list was and where you were ranked or did you just sit back and be patient?
I'm wondering if I should ask or not..
Thank you!!

I didn't ask them that question. You can always call and tell them that you are a prospective OT student on the wait-list and would like to find out your ranking, if there is one. I don't think that would hurt. You don't even have to tell them your name at first if you don't want.

Thank you! Are you applying? It was the only school I really wanted to go to so I'm stoked. I heard back on 2/16. I think they just notified 5 people that week and the rest are going out when interviews are complete.

Thank you! Are you applying? It was the only school I really wanted to go to so I'm stoked. I heard back on 2/16. I think they just notified 5 people that week and the rest are going out when interviews are complete.

Oh that must be such a relief! I did apply and interviewed 2/10. So just waiting now. Congrats, again!

Hello everyone! I feel that I've heard back from enough schools to finally make a post! I hope everyone has received good news as of late!

Interviews: MWU-Glendale (2/13), Boston U (2/23), Kean (3/19)
Accepted: USciences (1/12), USC (2/22), MWU-Glendale (2/23), Boston U (3/7)
Waitlisted: Columbia (3/5)
Rejected: UW (2/15), MUSC (2/21)
Still Waiting: SUNY Downstate

Best wishes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted: WashU, USC, UTMB, TWU
Interviewed: Hofstra, Rush, TWU, UTMB, BU, Elmhurst
Waitlisted: Rush and Hofstra
Rejected: Elmhurst (they told me I probably should go to a research school instead).
Still waiting: UIC, BU(and freaking out because they already sent out acceptances)

Accepted: WashU, USC, UTMB, TWU
Interviewed: Hofstra, Rush, TWU, UTMB, BU, Elmhurst
Waitlisted: Rush and Hofstra
Rejected: Elmhurst (they told me I probably should go to a research school instead).
Still waiting: UIC, BU(and freaking out because they already sent out acceptances)
I'm still waiting to hear from BU as well. Holding out they are staggering some of the decisions

I'm still waiting to hear from BU as well. Holding out they are staggering some of the decisions
I just got a call from them and they saidthey will be sending all of their decisions this next week. They had a snow storm yesterday...

Yay!! Congrats!! Will you be attending? We might be classmates! I am leaning more and more towards Tech.
That would be so cool if we were classmates! And yes, I am going to attend unless I get off the waitlist for TWU!

University: FGCU
Major: Community Health
Overall GPA: 3.12
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: Q-149 V-147 W-3.0

Volunteer:
Observed Lymphedema, Pediatric ,and Mental OT

Medical Mission Trip to Haiti for a week

Peer Mentor

Special Olympics

Helped create prenatal manual for the health department

Part of the Community Service Department

Applying: Concordia, Salus, BayPath, North Central,Cox, Brenau, College of St Scholastica,AT Still,D’Youville,Allen

Waitlisted:BayPath
Still Waiting:Salus,Concordia

Acceptances: Cox
Rejections: Brenau, College of St Scholastica,AT Still,D’Youville,Allen

Interviews: North Central (declined) Cox 03/08/17

Attending:Cox

Hello everyone! I feel that I've heard back from enough schools to finally make a post! I hope everyone has received good news as of late!

Interviews: MWU-Glendale (2/13), Boston U (2/23), Kean (3/19)
Accepted: USciences (1/12), USC (2/22), MWU-Glendale (2/23), Boston U (3/7)
Waitlisted: Columbia (3/5)
Rejected: UW (2/15), MUSC (2/21)
Still Waiting: SUNY Downstate

Best wishes!
Congrats on your acceptances! Do you know which school you will be attending yet?

University: FGCU
Major: Community Health
Overall GPA: 3.12
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: Q-149 V-147 W-3.0

Volunteer:
Observed Lymphedema, Pediatric ,and Mental OT

Medical Mission Trip to Haiti for a week

Peer Mentor

Special Olympics

Helped create prenatal manual for the health department

Part of the Community Service Department

Applying: Concordia, Salus, BayPath, North Central,Cox, Brenau, College of St Scholastica,AT Still,D’Youville,Allen

Waitlisted:BayPath
Still Waiting:Salus,Concordia

Acceptances: Cox
Rejections: Brenau, College of St Scholastica,AT Still,D’Youville,Allen

Interviews: North Central (declined) Cox 03/08/17

Attending:Cox

Did you decline your waitlist offer from Bay Path? Just wondering because I am also waitlisted at Bay Path and plan on attending if I’m accepted off of the waitlist.

Congrats on your acceptance to Cox!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats on your acceptances! Do you know which school you will be attending yet?
Thank you so much! I have decided to attend Boston University this fall. It was a hard choice, but I'm excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from: Sacred Heart, St. Kate's, Alvernia, Springfield? The only school I heard back from is Bay Path and I have yet to hear from anyone else??

Has anyone heard back from: Sacred Heart, St. Kate's, Alvernia, Springfield? The only school I heard back from is Bay Path and I have yet to hear from anyone else??

Im also waiting for St Kate's and Sacred Heart. ...

Waiting on Springfield as well.

I heard back from St. Kate's on the 6th. They sent an email and then a few days later I got the actual acceptance letter. I think they sent an email since they were a little behind on their notifications this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

I am also waiting to hear from Springfield. From reading other posts, it looks like people heard acceptances starting on 3/21 last year, so I think we should be hearing soon!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from NYU? I was waitlisted on 2/28 but just curious if there still sending out acceptances. thanks!

Anyone have any updates on Bay Path?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all!

I was recently accepted to both Elmhurst College and Rush University, but am leaning towards Elmhurst College due to price reasons.
Is there anyone on here that has accepted their offer at Elmhurst? :)

I heard back from St. Kate's on the 6th. They sent an email and then a few days later I got the actual acceptance letter. I think they sent an email since they were a little behind on their notifications this year.

I haven't heard from them yet. Wondering if I'll hear anything or they forgot haha

I heard back from St. Kate's on the 6th. They sent an email and then a few days later I got the letter. I think they sent an email since they were a little behind on their notifications this year.
I haven't heard from them yet. Wondering if I'll hear anything or they forgot haha
You should call or send an email. They can't forget!

Has anyone been accepted to Carroll University or St Scholastica and will be declining? I am pretty high on the waitlist and am seeing if I have a chance of getting in.

Did anyone apply to University of Oklahoma's Health Science Center/heard back from them yet?

Ive heard back from:
Mary Baldwin - waitlist - accepted 03/16
Huntington - accepted
Belmont - deferred to second round
IUPUI - I declined my interview
Methodist - interview Jan 26
Jefferson College of HS - interview for Feb 9th I declined
Update!!! I will be attending Mary Baldwin’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences!!

Hi all!

I was recently accepted to both Elmhurst College and Rush University, but am leaning towards Elmhurst College due to price reasons.

Hey Congrats!!! If I were you, I would pick Rush University for 2 reasons: 1 because it is accredited and 2 because it will look stellar on your resume when you are applying to jobs! RushU is a great school! I know someone who graduated as an OT from Rush and never regretted it for a second!

FINAL UPDATE! :)

Major: Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.88
GRE: 301, Writing 3.5

Extras: College swimmer, University Honor’s Program, Dean’s List, Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Sorority Member – Intramural Chair, Classroom note-taker, Teacher's Assistant for Medical Terminology

Observation Hours: 50 in a Pediatric Private Practice, 100+ (Continuous volunteer) in a hospital's rehab facility (geriatrics)

Applied: FGCU, FIU, Nova, Barry, University of St. Augustine in Miami

Interviews: Nova, St. Augustine, FGCU, Barry (declined), FIU (declined)
Acceptances: Nova, St. Augustine, FGCU
Waitlisted:
Rejections:

Attending: FGCU!

Last edited:
Hi all!

Hi!!!
So I was wailisted at Rush, but my #1 right now is Elmhurst. So we will know hopefully beginning of April if Elmhurst is accredited(directly stated by the director there). I have talked to current students and all have said amazing things about the program and think they will be accredited. They say they feel prepared for fieldwork and are glad they are part of the first cohort. Almost everyone presented research at the OT conference(which means that they have a good portion of the curriculum dedicated to research based practice which is awesome) and alot of them told me their fieldwork supervisors were impressed by their knowledge they gained through the OT program. Alot of it also comes down to masters vs doctorate. Personally I didnt want a docorate program. Rush is over $100,000 for almost an extra year while Elmhurst is about $60,000. Plus think about the interest. Having a doctorate doesnt mean more pay and also I've heard employers dont really care where you graduated from as long as its accredited and you actually have your license. If you see yourself teaching then maybe the doctorate is worth it but I see myself doing a MOT, working and paying off the loans and then maybe finding a bridge program to get a doctorate (if I still want that).If anything I'd say to wait until that accreditation process goes through. If accredited I personally will fully commit to the program and be there in the fall! (My backup is Carroll University- also a newly acctedited MOT program)
Feel free to message me personally if you want to talk more!

Hi!!!
So I was wailisted at Rush, but my #1 right now is Elmhurst. So we will know hopefully beginning of April if Elmhurst is accredited(directly stated by the director there). I have talked to current students and all have said amazing things about the program and think they will be accredited. They say they feel prepared for fieldwork and are glad they are part of the first cohort. Almost everyone presented research at the OT conference(which means that they have a good portion of the curriculum dedicated to research based practice which is awesome) and alot of them told me their fieldwork supervisors were impressed by their knowledge they gained through the OT program. Alot of it also comes down to masters vs doctorate. Personally I didnt want a docorate program. Rush is over $100,000 for almost an extra year while Elmhurst is about $60,000. Plus think about the interest. Having a doctorate doesnt mean more pay and also I've heard employers dont really care where you graduated from as long as its accredited and you actually have your license. If you see yourself teaching then maybe the doctorate is worth it but I see myself doing a MOT, working and paying off the loans and then maybe finding a bridge program to get a doctorate (if I still want that).If anything I'd say to wait until that accreditation process goes through. If accredited I personally will fully commit to the program and be there in the fall! (My backup is Carroll University- also a newly acctedited MOT program)
Feel free to message me personally if you want to talk more!
So I’m very high on the waitlist at Carroll and it is my top choice because location! I’m trying to get back to Wisconsin where I’m from. So if you decide to not attend i would appreciate it if you could let me know and notify Carroll ASAP! Thanks! Good luck!

So I’m very high on the waitlist at Carroll and it is my top choice because location! I’m trying to get back to Wisconsin where I’m from. So if you decide to not attend i would appreciate it if you could let me know and notify Carroll ASAP! Thanks! Good luck!
I plan on making final calls in the beginning of April! Good luck! Carroll is amazing!

Did anyone get accepted into Maryville University in St. Louis. If so, would you mind sharing your stats?

is anyone planning on applying to Mercys program or has applied in the past?

Did anyone get accepted into Maryville University in St. Louis. If so, would you mind sharing your stats?
I was accepted but declined my spot since I decided I didn’t like their program anymore.

Undergraduate University: Maryville University of Saint Louis
Degree: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.5
GRE: 149 V 148 Q 3.5 AW (not retaking unless I do not get in this round)

Volunteer:
- Variety of volunteering in church for 7+ years, kids with development delays, in senior living centers, Cardinal Glennon, Habitat for Humanity etc.

Work:
- Montessori Infant Caregiver for 2 1/2 years (3000+ hours)

Misc: CPR/AED certified, Deans list for 3 years, Awarded Scholarship, Honor Society, Community Service Club, VP of Pre-OT club, Best Buddies, Community outreach class (Opening Minds through Art)

Observation experience:
- 120+ hours in six different settings.

References:
- Montessori daycare director
- OT professor for Community outreach class
- OT I observed in Peds

Hey there! Here is my status:
Accepted: UMary billings
Waitlist: UNE and Pacific University

Anyone get accepted into UNE or PU who is declining???

I heard back from Alvernia yesterday, March 23rd, and I got accepted.