General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh wow 5days is very short for such a big decision. That's great you have one acceptance down though! I'm missing the Oral Communications prereq so I actually don't have big hopes for Davenport, but looks like a great program. I do hope to hear from D'Youville soon! Been checking the mailbox a bit too obsessively. My family is in Toronto so that might be my first choice school, but I'm not being picky in such a competitive field. I applied all over so we'll see where this OT journey takes me! St Kate's would be great too. I believe they said they'll mail out letters in March. So fingers crossed and all the best to you!

Yes it was too short of a time period to decide, I thought I would get at least 30 days. Good thing their deposit is cheap. But don’t be too down on your chances for Davenport because I also have not completed the oral communication requirement yet either. The acceptance form has a section where you put the information on when you will complete the outstanding prerequisite that you may still have. So I’ve registered for a class to take this semester. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied:
USC
Stanbridge
U of Washington
U of Puget Sound
U or Mary
Salus Univeristy
Thomas Jefferson University
Davenport University
NYU
Midwestern University
Seton Hall University
Stockton Univeristy
MCPHS (Manchester, NH)

Accepted:
Davenport University

Waitlisted:
U of Mary for Billings, MT campus and Bismarck, ND campus

Interviewed:
Midwestern Univeristy (end of Jan)
U of Mary (beginning of Feb)

Rejected:
Midwestern University
Salus University

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! They sent me an email yesterday. I'm still waiting to get something in the mail from D'Youville. Davenport only gave me 5 days to accept the offer and pay the deposit (which I thought was weird) so I've already accepted my offer. If I get accepted to St. Kate's I might consider going there. But Davenport was my cheapest option and I like their curriculum and location too so I may stay put. Which is your first choice? Have you heard from any of them?

I have accepted my seat to Davenport as well. I thought it was odd you only get 5 days to respond but I wanted to lock my seat in.

Applied:
USC
Stanbridge
U of Washington
U of Puget Sound
U or Mary
Salus Univeristy
Davenport University
NYU
Midwestern University
Seton Hall University
Stockton Univeristy
MCPHS (Manchester, NH)

Accepted:
Davenport University

Waitlisted:
U of Mary for Billings, MT campus and Bismarck, ND campus

Interviewed:
Midwestern Univeristy (end of Jan)
U of Mary (beginning of Feb)

Rejected:
Midwestern University
Salus University

Good luck everyone!
We've applied to 6 of the same schools. Where is your top choice?

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

ACCEPTANCE UPDATE:

Undergraduate University:
UW Madison
Degree: B.S. Rehabilitation Psychology & Minor in Educational Services, 2018
Cumulative GPA: 3.74
Prerequisite GPA: 3.65-4.0 depending on school
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.0 AW
OTCAS Verified: 08/25/2017

Applying to: UW-Milwaukee, Carroll University, Concordia University, Mount Mary University, St Scholastica, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities and Rochester), St. Kate's, and UW Madison

Acceptances: Carroll University (01/15), UW Madison (01/16), St. Scholastica (02/05), Mount Mary University (02/12)

Rejections: N/A

I'm also waiting to hear from D'Youville! Don't be too worried that you haven't heard yet though, I'm following another thread on here about it and someone called the graduate admissions office this week. They were told that the OT department hasn't made decisions yet :) If you want to follow the same thread for updates it's called "Has anyone heard from Dyouville, baypath or st college of scholastica".

Ok that is good news! Thanks so much for sharing! Good luck to you and I wish you peace during the wait, haha.

Yes it was too short of a time period to decide, I thought I would get at least 30 days. Good thing their deposit is cheap. But don’t be too down on your chances for Davenport because I also have not completed the oral communication requirement yet either. The acceptance form has a section where you put the information on when you will complete the outstanding prerequisite that you may still have. So I’ve registered for a class to take this semester. Good luck!

Oh awesome! So I still may have a shot :D
Thank you and good luck with that class! I hate public speaking so hopefully a class focusing on it will help.

Congrats on the acceptance to Le Moyne! Do you mind if I ask you when you applied? I’ve been debating whether or not to submit my application since it’s probably too late

They do rolling admissions so if you have not submitted your application I would!

Ive read other threads about the program where there have been students who have been submitted a few weeks before. They have 45 spots I believe- they do a video interview and the interview was set up in a way that was not super stressful!! sorry for the delay in response I just checked this page

UPDATED
Applied: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern, University of South Alabama, University of Alabama, Winston Salem State University
Interviews: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern (video interview), University of South Alabama, University of Alabama.
Awaiting Acceptance Decisions from: Winston Salem State University, Nova Southeastern.
Acceptances: None so far
Declined: Brenau University
Waitlisted: Augusta University, Nova Southeastern ("High Hold"), University of Alabama, University of South Alabama.

I got accepted into Belmont University MSOT program today!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE!

University: California State University, Chico
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Last 45: 3.8
Pre req GPA: 3.65-3.75
GRE: did not take

Applied to: NYU, Hofstra, D'Youville, MCPHS, Stockton, Seton Hall, and Pacific

Interviewed: Hofstra (1/24), Pacific (2/13)
Accepted: MCPHS, Hofstra
Waitlisted: D'Youville (declined)
Rejected:
Still waiting: NYU, Stockton, Seton Hall

UPDATE!

Rejected:

Hi! Congrats on your acceptances! When did you hear from Dyouville?! I am going crazy waiting for them!

Hi! Congrats on your acceptances! When did you hear from Dyouville?! I am going crazy waiting for them!
I read on another thread they sent out official letters on Monday! I haven't checked my mail yet but they emailed me a few hours ago asking me for my decision on remaining on the waitlist or withdrawing my app. Hopefully you hear by tomorrow!

UPDATE!

Rejected:

Yeahh congrats on your acceptances!!! I am also wondering about D'Youville. When and how were you notified about being waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 users
Applied: West Coast University, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), Dominican University of California, Stanbridge University
Interviews: University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), Dominican University of California
Rejected: West Coast University, University of St. Augustine
Acceptances: Dominican University of California

I would have applied to more schools, but my GRE Verbal Score is horrendous. Fortunately, I got accepted to one school and will enroll! :)

Last edited:
Yeahh congrats on your acceptances!!! I am also wondering about D'Youville. When and how were you notified about being waitlisted?
I was waitlisted yesterday by email. I might have a letter in the mail but haven't checked yet!

UPDATE!

Rejected:
I’m still waiting for NYU, Stockton, and Seton too!

I never wanted to post this because i was embarrassed, but at this point i would truly love feedback. This is my SECOND time going through this application process and so far it’s been disappointing. Here are my stats:
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Major
: Human Development & Family Studies
GPA: last 60- 3.6, overall- 3.3
GRE: 149 V 155 Q 4.5 Writing
Prerequisite: 3.1-3.5 depending on school
Experience: PA at a transitional living center for students with disabilities in college (3 years), served on committee to improve program as well, inclusion aide at the Park district (2 summers), intern at the Autism Program supporting families and people with autism (1 semester), PA through the state (2 years), study abroad in Africa volunteering at home for people with severe disabilities (2 months), I returned to Africa the following year to aid someone in going on the trip with a disability, development supervisor at the development lab at my university (1 year).
Volunteer/Obversation: 100+ hours at a hospital (emergency room, maternal ward, and OT dept), Personal trainer for a man with a disability (1 semester), observed at center for people with severe disabilities in Africa (40+ hours), observed at pediatric ot office (10 hrs), observed at transitional living facility (10 hrs)
Other: CPR/AED certified
Applied: UIC, Rush, WashU, Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Indiana State, Colorado State, North Central College
Rejections: UIC, Rush, WashU, Colorado State, Wisconsin-Madison
Waitlisted: Indiana State
Interviews: Indiana State, North Central College
Acceptances: none

I am not sure if there’s something i am doing differently than other applicants but I’m beginning to become discouraged. I retook A&P this year as well as the GRE for a higher score in all areas. It is very difficult for me to volunteer/observe as well as keep applying year after year because i am completely independent from my parents financially and struggle to uphold costs of living to continue doing this. I work a full time job and two part time jobs so volunteering my time is almost impossible.

Last edited:
I never wanted to post this because i was embarrassed, but at this point i would truly love feedback. This is my SECOND time going through this application process and so far it’s been disappointing. Here are my stats:
Experience: PA at a transitional living center for students with disabilities in college (3 years), served on committee to improve program as well, inclusion aide at the Park district (2 summers), intern at the Autism Program supporting families and people with autism (1 semester), PA through the state (2 years), study abroad in Africa volunteering at home for people with severe disabilities (2 months), i returned to Africa the following year to aid a girl in going on the trip with a disability, Developmental supervisor at the development lab at my university (1 year).
Volunteer/Obversation: 100+ hours at a hospital (emergency room, maternal ward, and OT dept), Personal trainer for a man with a disability (1 semester), observed at center for people with severe disabilities in Africa (40+ hours), observed at pediatric ot office (10 hrs), observed at transitional living facility (10 hrs)
Applied: UIC, Rush, WashU, Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Indiana State, Colorado State
Rejections: UIC, Rush, WashU

I am not sure if there’s something i am doing differently than other applicants but I’m beginning to become discouraged. I retook A&P this year as well as the GRE for a higher score in all areas. It is very difficult for me to volunteer/observe as well as keep applying year after year because i am completely independent from my parents financially and struggle to uphold costs of living to continue doing this.

I know exactly what you're going through. This year is my third year applying to OT schools. Like you, my GRE scores and GPA are not as high compared to others. I struggled during my first couple years of undergrad, which hurt my overall gpa. Applying to graduate school is a time and financial strain. I currently work a full time job, so I'm not able to get the volunteer hours that others have. It's disappointing to be compared to those applicants who are undergrads or recent grads with a lot of free time on their hands and not be weighed based on my given situation. I worked my butt off to not only apply to OT school but also to make myself stand out, so I completely understand how you are feeling. I have been wait listed the last couple of years, so I am hopeful that this year will yield positive news. Keep your head up and rest assured there are people out there just like you. Best of luck.

Reactions: 7 users
I know exactly what you're going through. This year is my third year applying to OT schools. Like you, my GRE scores and GPA are not as high compared to others. I struggled during my first couple years of undergrad, which hurt my overall gpa. Applying to graduate school is a time and financial strain. I currently work a full time job, so I'm not able to get the volunteer hours that others have. It's disappointing to be compared to those applicants who are undergrads or recent grads with a lot of free time on their hands and not be weighed based on my given situation. I worked my butt off to not only apply to OT school but also to make myself stand out, so I completely understand how you are feeling. I have been wait listed the last couple of years, so I am hopeful that this year will yield positive news. Keep your head up and rest assured there are people out there just like you. Best of luck.
Thank you so much. I seriously appreciate your input and support. I wish you the best of luck! In my opinion- the people that want this the most deep down in their hearts are the most deserving. I hope the universe brings you what you’ve been working so hard for these past few years.

This is not a "great news" update but an update nonetheless...

Interviews: Allen College, ATStill, Shenandoah, Pacific U (2/10)
Acceptances: ...
Rejected: Duquesne, Brenau (said my prereqs are too old)
Waitlisted: Allen, ATSU, Shenandoah, Midwestern (for interview)
Still Waiting: Jefferson, DYC, WNE, StCatherine, Sacred Heart, Gannon-Erie, Davenport, Trinity Washington, and I added Husson University

Ok this is my "I'M GOING TO BE AN OT!" update! :D

Interviews: Allen College, ATStill, Shenandoah, Pacific U (2/10)
Rejected: Duquesne, Brenau (said my prereqs are too old), WNE
Waitlisted: Allen, ATSU, Shenandoah, Midwestern (for interview), Gannon-Erie (need physics)
Still Waiting: Jefferson, StCatherine, Sacred Heart, Davenport, Trinity Washington, Husson University
Acceptances: D'Youville!

Reactions: 6 users
Update: Accepted to University of Wisconsin - La Crosse. Still anxiously waiting to hear back from NYU and I interview with Midwestern - Glendale on Wednesday.

Applied: University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, Texas Tech, NYU, and Midwestern
Interviews: Texas Tech, Midwestern
Acceptances: University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
Waitlisted: Texas Tech
Declined: none so far

Applied: Brunel University London, St. Catherine, Davenport, D'Youville
Accepted: Davenport (2/7/18)
Waiting: Brunel University London, St. Catherine, D'Youville

Update:

Accepted: Davenport (2/7/18), Brunel (2/14/18), D'Youville (2/17/18)

Waiting: St. Catherine

Update:

Accepted: Davenport (2/7/18), Brunel (2/14/18), D'Youville (2/17/18)

Waiting: St. Catherine

Is this St. Kate's in MN?

I found out today that I got accepted into Methodist's OTD Program! Is anyone else considering going?

I have been reading through the discussions throughout the site and I have rarely come across a post about working full time AND applying to OT school. Working full time and trying to get the best prereq grades, GRE scores, and volunteer hours is so difficult with little time available. I hope schools will try to weigh this into consideration as well. Thank you for posting this. This gives me hope to keep trying again.

Reactions: 3 users
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Major
: Human Development & Family Studies
Experience: PA at a transitional living center for students with disabilities in college (3 years), served on committee to improve program as well, inclusion aide at the Park district (2 summers), intern at the Autism Program supporting families and people with autism (1 semester), PA through the state (2 years), study abroad in Africa volunteering at home for people with severe disabilities (2 months), I returned to Africa the following year to aid someone in going on the trip with a disability, development supervisor at the development lab at my university (1 year).
Other: CPR/AED certified
Applied: UIC, Rush, WashU, Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Indiana State, Colorado State
Rejections: UIC, Rush, WashU

I am not sure if there’s something i am doing differently than other applicants but I’m beginning to become discouraged. I retook A&P this year as well as the GRE for a higher score in all areas. It is very difficult for me to volunteer/observe as well as keep applying year after year because i am completely independent from my parents financially and struggle to uphold costs of living to continue doing this. I work a full time job and two part time jobs so volunteering my time is almost impossible.

Although I am waiting to hear back from four more schools, I am considering applying to an OTA program. The deadline for my nearby program is March 1st. Thoughts on applying? I am so lost on what to do. I feel like
I’m prematurely doubting myself.

Accepted: University of St. Augustine
Waitlisted: Salus, Midwestern AZ
Upcoming Interview: Emory & Henry (1/27)
Rejected: Thomas Jefferson
Still waiting: JMU, Maryville, Barry, West Coast, D'youville
Hi what are your stats, I plan to apply at St augustine as well

Although I am waiting to hear back from four more schools, I am considering applying to an OTA program. The deadline for my nearby program is March 1st. Thoughts on applying? I am so lost on what to do. I feel like

Your stats reflect the type of person and passion that OT schools need to consider. I feel your disappointment, but there is still hope with the schools you are waiting on. Also, I noticed that you applied to some Chicago area schools. You may want to look at Lewis University and North Central College. Both schools have not closed their application process ((and won't for a while). But, neither school is accredited yet -- they will go through that process with this first cohort. As far as OTA - you have to do what makes sense for you. OTA's, from what I observed actually get to do a lot of the work and heavy interaction with the client. Go to a job board and view the listing for the profession to see how hot the job market is for an OTA. In Chicago, it seems pretty strong. If you have little to lose by trying, I say, go for it.

This is my 3rd and final year applying. But, this year, I followed a plan b and was accepted into an accelerated nursing program. Good luck to you and to all of you on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Your stats reflect the type of person and passion that OT schools need to consider. I feel your disappointment, but there is still hope with the schools you are waiting on. Also, I noticed that you applied to some Chicago area schools. You may want to look at Lewis University and North Central College. Both schools have not closed their application process ((and won't for a while). But, neither school is accredited yet -- they will go through that process with this first cohort. As far as OTA - you have to do what makes sense for you. OTA's, from what I observed actually get to do a lot of the work and heavy interaction with the client. Go to a job board and view the listing for the profession to see how hot the job market is for an OTA. In Chicago, it seems pretty strong. If you have little to lose by trying, I say, go for it.

This is my 3rd and final year applying. But, this year, I followed a plan b and was accepted into an accelerated nursing program. Good luck to you and to all of you on this forum.

Stats:
Undergraduate B.A. Communications – Purdue University, West Lafayette
GPA: overall- 2.94
last 60 – 3.74
GRE #1: 153 Q 152 V 4.5 Writing
GRE #2: 153 Q 156 V 3.5 Writing
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0 – Re-took the A&Ps so they were within the year; also took Chemistry, Microbiology and several other science and psychology courses outside of the standard OT prerequisites.

Work Experience: nearly 30 years in corporate marketing and worked full time while trying to complete prerequisites and volunteer hours.
Volunteer/Observation: 60+ hours as a translator/aid at a Greek rehabilitation center and 60+ hours in a pediatric OT clinic; 50+ hours working with a Parkinson's patient, assisting him with daily living tasks
Other: NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Applied: Rush, Midwestern, Elmhurst, Lewis University, UIC
Rejections: Midwestern, Elmhurst, Rush
Waiting on: Lewis University, UIC

Thank you so much for your feedback, it means the world to not feel alone in this process. I think I will just go for it since I really have nothing to lose. I also will definitely look into those programs in the Chicagoland area. I wish you the best of luck as well!

Depending on your how far you want to go. There are still more schools with later application dates that you could apply for. The schools you applied to are very competitive so if you applied to other schools then I think you would have a good shot at getting into those. I applied to North Central and was offered an interview but declined since I received an acceptance at another school. If you feel comfortable going to an unaccrediated program then go for it! There is also Cox College that I believe is accredited now which has later deadlines.

Waitlisted: Winston Salem State, Lenoir Rhyne University

Waiting to hear from Georgia State & University if Tennessee at Chattanooga

Interviews: sacred heart and creighton.

Accepted: Sacred heart!

(Should hear from crieghton soon)

Waiting on: Minnesota

Rejected: Massachusetts college, touro

Hi what are your stats, I plan to apply at St augustine as well
Hey! Below I've listed my stats. I did retake A&P 1/2 to raise my grades from C's to A's which I believe helped a lot

Degree: Kinesiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.68
Prerequisite GPA 3.8 - 4.0 Depending
GRE: V: 150 Q: 151 AW: 3.5

Extra-Curric/Work:
400-hour internship at an outpatient physical therapy clinic
75-hour internship at a chiropractic/therapy clinic
150-hour internship at a fitness center
Rehab Technician at VCU Children's Hospital (Current)
Fitness Attendant at GMU

Volunteer/Shadowing:
Adult & Pediatrics Outpatient - 25 hours
Inpatient - 25 hours
Nursing home - 25 hours
Acute care - 5 hours

Accepted: University of St. Augustine
Waitlisted: Salus, Midwestern AZ
Upcoming Interview: Emory & Henry (1/27)
Rejected: Thomas Jefferson
Still waiting: JMU, Maryville, Barry, West Coast, D'youville
UPDATE:

Accepted: University of St. Augustine, D'youville Midwestern AZ
Waitlisted: Salus, JMU
Interviews: Emory & Henry (declined), Barry (declined), West Coast (declined)
Rejected: Thomas Jefferson, Maryville

Last edited:
Was anyone here accepted at NYU/SUNY Downstate and giving up their seats? Just curious to see what the chances of getting off the waitlist are.

Was anyone here accepted at NYU/SUNY Downstate and giving up their seats? Just curious to see what the chances of getting off the waitlist are.

As sad as I was to do it, I decided to give up my spot at SUNY Downstate! Good luck to everyone waitlisted there!

1. When did you hear back from Downstate? And are you going instead
I was notified of acceptance on Feb 8th. Unfortunately with work and life obligations, starting in the summer was impossible for me. I am gravitating towards another NYC program - exact one still TBD!

As sad as I was to do it, I decided to give up my spot at SUNY Downstate! Good luck to everyone waitlisted there!
If you got into Downstate, I don't doubt you'll get accepted to other great programs! Best of luck and thank you!

Has anyone heard from University of Tennessee in Chattanooga or University of Tennessee in Memphis (early admission)?