General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PositivOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm super excited to finally be going through the application process for OT school and wanted to make a thread so that we can all follow each other's progress during this process, ask questions, and support each other along the way! I saw a thread with this same idea a few years back and thought it was a really simple way to do just this! I have provided a general outline below that we can all start with. Good luck everyone!

Applied:
Interviews:
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Applied: TJU, Tufts, MGHIHP, Chatham, Ohio State, USA-St.Augustine MOT, Quinnipiac, Salus, JMU, Clarkson, Wesley
Interviews: USA-St.Augustine MOT (9/17), Clarkson (10/14), Quinnipiac (10/27), Chatham (11/14), MGHIHP (11/17), Salus (12/10), Wesley (1/19), and TJU (2/8)
Acceptances: USA-St.Augustine MOT(9/28), Clarkson (10/15), JMU (10/30), Tufts (11/17), Quinnipiac (12/2), Chatham (12/10), Wesley (1/25), TJU (2/24), Salus (3/5), & MGHIHP (3/24)
Waitlists: MGHIHP (12/16) & Salus (Standby List-12/18)
Rejections: Ohio State (1/19)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Applied: Maryville University, D'Youville, Moravian College, Salus University, University of Southern Maine (USM), Messiah College, Shenandoah, and Sacred Heart University
Interviews: Messiah (10/2), USM (11/14), Sacred Heart (12/16)
Acceptances: D'Youville (12/17), Messiah (4/1) (accepted off the waitlist)
Waitlists: Messiah (12/21), Sacred Heart (1/12), Maryville (2/12)
Rejections: Shenandoah, USM (Missing prerequisites for both), Moravian College

I’ve put down a deposit to accept my spot at D’Youville College!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: Moravian College, Chatham University
Interviews: Chatham (11/14), Moravian (11/24)
Acceptances: Chatham (12/10), Moravian (12/10)
Waitlists: None
Rejections: None

Last edited:
***TEXAS SCHOOLS***
Applied: Baylor University and University of Saint Augustine - Dallas Residential
Interviews: at both
Acceptances: University of Saint Augustine
Waitlists: none
Rejections: none

Just waiting to hear back from Baylor to make a decision. Has anyone heard back from Baylor? If so, how long after you submitted ur

Reactions: 1 users
Applied: Texas Tech, TWU, UTHSCSA
Interviews: Texas Tech
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Hope to hear back from Tech within the next few weeks!

Has anyone heard back from any Ohio schools yet?

Has anyone heard back from any Ohio schools yet?
The only program I applied to in Ohio was Ohio State and they emailed their supplemental application to me soon after I submitted my OTCAS application. Other than that I haven't heard anything else from them. Their application deadline is tomorrow though so I'm assuming they'll start looking at applications after that!

Applied: Univ. of Pitt, Univ. of Missouri, Gannon Univ. (FL), Midwestern Univ.
Interviews: Univ. of Missouri (9/29)
Acceptances: Univ. of Missouri (9/30)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

For those of who you applied and already heard back, what date did you apply? These acceptances are so quick.

For those of who you applied and already heard back, what date did you apply? These acceptances are so quick.
Hey, my application was verified for Mizzou the first week of September. It’s a rolling admission.

Applied: Maryville University, D'Youville, Moravian College, Salus University, University of Southern Maine (USM), Messiah College, Shenandoah, and Sacred Heart University
Interviews: Messiah 10/2 and USM 11/14
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Shenandoah (I'm 1 credit short on medical terminology and can't take a class :()
I am currently in the MSOT program at Sacred Heart! If you have any questions feel free to let me know! I was invited to interview in mid December, my actual interview was mid-January, and I heard back the next day! SHU does have 3 possible interview days. They hold one in December, January, and February. So if by late December you haven't heard anything don't worry, there is still another interview day! Feel free to message me with any questions! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: Midwestern (IL), UIC, WashU, North Central, Lewis, Elmhurst, Indiana Wesleyan (I applied to all schools between 9/1 and 9/28)
Interviews: Midwestern, North Central, Indiana Wesleyan (I declined), WashU, Elmhurst (I declined), Lewis
Acceptances: Midwestern (IL), North Central, WashU, Lewis
Waitlists: UIC

Rejections: N/a

I ultimately decided to attend Washington University in STL (but I wanted to come back to leave my stats for any future applicants that are looking through SDN... I know I was lol).

My stats
GPA:
3.8/4.0
Pre req GPA: 3.75/4.0
GRE: 306 (I don't remember the breakdowns), 4.5 writing
Shadowing: 134 hours at an outpatient PEDs clinic, 36 hours in school setting, 9.5 hours inpatient geriatrics, 60 hours in hand therapy
Other experiences: Over 300+ hours in a peer health advocacy internship on campus, PR coordinator & president of Pre-OT society, reading tutor for children at local elementary schools, Part Time rehab aide, over 100 hours completed in research lab (having to do with autism & brain development), employee in department of health promotion at my school's student health center.

Last edited:
All of my applications were verified around the second week of August. I heard back about an interview from St.Augustine at the very end of August.

*updated*
Applied: Salus University, University of Florida, Elmhurst College, Indiana State University, University of New England
Interviews: Salus University (9/24), UNE (11/2), invited for Indiana State & Elmhurst interview but declined
Acceptances: Salus University (9/28), UNE (11/20), University of Florida (1/8/21)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Last edited:
Applied: UAB, University of Missouri, UTMB Galveston, UTHSC San Antonio, Belmont, MUSC, University of St. Augustine, University of Florida
Interviews: University of Missouri 10/02, St. Augustine ( I declined), UAB, MUSC, Belmont (declined)
Acceptances: University of Missouri 10/06, UAB 1/11
Waitlists: MUSC
Rejections: UTMB, UF

Last edited:
Applied: SJSU, UW Seattle, UPS (University of Puget Sound), USC, CSU (Colorado State University), USA San Marcos (University of Saint Augustine)
Interviews: University of Saint Augustine San Marcos
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:

I am currently in the MSOT program at Sacred Heart! If you have any questions feel free to let me know! I was invited to interview in mid December, my actual interview was mid-January, and I heard back the next day! SHU does have 3 possible interview days. They hold one in December, January, and February. So if by late December you haven't heard anything don't worry, there is still another interview day! Feel free to message me with any questions! Good luck!

That's great to know that I shouldn't expect to hear back from them until December. I haven't heard anything from them yet and other colleges are already reaching out for interviews, so I was getting a little concerned. Thank you so much!

Hi guys! I was curious if this thread is for OTD programs only? Or MSOT as well? If it's just for OTD does anyone know if there is a similar one for MSOT/MOT programs? thanks!!!

heard back abou
Hi guys! I was curious if this thread is for OTD programs only? Or MSOT as well? If it's just for OTD does anyone know if there is a similar one for MSOT/MOT programs? thanks!!!
I believe that it’s for all programs! If it’s only for OTD then I shouldn’t have commented, as all of the schools I’m applying to are Master’s programs.

All Masters programs*

Applied: Salus, Gwynedd Mercy, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, Hofstra, Utica, UNE, Shenandoah, Stockton, NSU
Interviews: NSU (Video essay due 10/6), Hofstra (10/9), Temple (11/5), Salus (11/10 & 11/12), Utica (11/13), Shenandoah (12/4), Gwynedd Mercy (2/20)
Acceptances: Hofstra (10/14), NSU (11/5), Utica (11/22), Salus (11/22), Shenandoah (12/9), Gwynedd Mercy (3/2)
Waitlists: Temple (11/9)
Rejections: UNE (Did not accept Human Development prerequisite and I don't want to enroll in another course), Stockton (Withdrew application)

Last edited:
Applied: UAB, University of Missouri, UTMB Galveston, UTHSC San Antonio, Belmont, MUSC, University of St. Augustine (Residential; Austin)
Interviews: University of Missouri 10/02
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:
UTHSC (did not accept my Kinesiology course :mad:)
What Kinesiology course did you take? I took intro to Kinesiology and that’s what I put as my pre-req....

What Kinesiology course did you take? I took intro to Kinesiology and that’s what I put as my pre-req....
Apparently there are different types of kinesiology - I only had one to choose from at my school so I did not consider this. But apparently the one I am in does not cover body movements specifically so it cannot be accepted!

All Masters programs*

Applied: Salus, Gwynedd Mercy, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, Hofstra, Utica, UNE, Shenandoah, Stockton, NSU
Interviews: NSU (Video essay due 10/6), Hofstra (10/9), & Temple (11/4)
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:
How long after you submitted your supplemental app did Nova send you an email to do a video essay?

Applied: TJU, Tufts, MGHIHP, Chatham University, Ohio State University, USA-St.Augustine MOT, Quinnipiac University, Salus University, James Madison University, Clarkson University, Wesley College
Interviews: USA-St.Augustine MOT (9/17)
Acceptances: USA-St.Augustine MOT(9/28)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
How long did it take for St Augustine to interview you after OTCAS verified your application?

How long did it take for St Augustine to interview you after OTCAS verified your application?
It took about 2.5 weeks for me to receive an interview from St.Augustine after getting verified on OTCAS on 8/12!

Applied: TJU, Salus, Temple, USciences, Gwynedd Mercy
Interviews: Salus (9/18), TJU (10/26), Temple (11/5), Gwynedd Mercy (declined)
Acceptances: Salus (9/28), Temple (11/11), USciences (11/17), TJU (Accepted off of waitlist on 1/28/21)
Waitlists: TJU (11/6)
Rejections:

Update: I will be attending TJU! :D

I find these threads really helpful so I'm glad this was made! I'm surprised to see how many people are applying to Salus, even those outside of PA, since I was under the impression it wasn't very well known - but it makes me glad because it seems like a really good school that deserves more recognition!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Applied: Allen College, St Ambrose, Midwestern (IL), Rush, Maryville, Elmhurst, Drake
Interviews: St Ambrose(12/11), Drake(11/6), Allen(11/14)
Acceptances: Drake(11/13), Allen(11/25)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Last edited:
Interviews: Salus (9/18), TJU (10/26)
Acceptances: Salus (9/28)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

I find these threads really helpful so I'm glad this was made! I'm surprised to see how many people are applying to Salus, even those outside of PA, since I was under the impression it wasn't very well known - but it makes me glad because it seems like a really good school that deserves more recognition! Also, should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything about a Temple interview yet? I saw someone else already has an interview date scheduled for November, but I haven't heard anything other then them having received my materials on October 6th.
Hey! Sorry that this isn't answering your question since I didn't apply to Temple but when did you apply to TJU and when did you hear back? Also, did you apply to their Masters or their OTD program? I'm still waiting to hear back from them about their OTD program and applied somewhat early so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Applied: St. Ambrose University, Drake University, Creighton University, Marquette University, St. Catherine University
Interviews: Creighton (9/18), Drake (10/9), St. Ambrose (10/16)
Acceptances: Creighton (10/6) Drake (10/16), St. Ambrose (10/19)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Last edited:
Hey! Sorry that this isn't answering your question since I didn't apply to Temple but when did you apply to TJU and when did you hear back? Also, did you apply to their Masters or their OTD program? I'm still waiting to hear back from them about their OTD program and applied somewhat early so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

No problem!! I submitted my OTCAS application for TJU on July 30th and got an email saying my application was complete on August 4th. I got an interview invitation email on October 2nd. And I applied for their Masters program! I hope this helped!

No problem!! I submitted my OTCAS application for TJU on July 30th and got an email saying my application was complete on August 4th. I got an interview invitation email on October 2nd. And I applied for their Masters program! I hope this helped!
That’s reassuring! You applied a couple of weeks before me so hopefully I hear back soon! Good luck at your interview!

Apparently there are different types of kinesiology - I only had one to choose from at my school so I did not consider this. But apparently the one I am in does not cover body movements specifically so it cannot be accepted!
Oh gotcha. Well, everything happens for a reason. I’m sure it will work out!!

Applied: University of Saint Augustine - Spring start in Dallas, TX and Baylor University
Interviews: Both
Acceptances: Both
Waitlists: None
Rejections:
None

Committed to Baylor University last week

Interviews: Salus (9/18), TJU (10/26)
Acceptances: Salus (9/28)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

I find these threads really helpful so I'm glad this was made! I'm surprised to see how many people are applying to Salus, even those outside of PA, since I was under the impression it wasn't very well known - but it makes me glad because it seems like a really good school that deserves more recognition! Also, should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything about a Temple interview yet? I saw someone else already has an interview date scheduled for November, but I haven't heard anything other then them having received my materials on October 6th.
Hi! Firstly, Salus is probably in my top 2 so I stalk my email waiting to hear from them and I'm starting to get nervous that I haven't heard anything since two of you already had interviews and were accepted LOL. As for Temple, I submitted my application late August and they emailed me on September 8th saying everything was received and my application was forwarded for review! I just recently received the invitation to interview (on October 2nd). Hopefully this is helpful!!

That’s reassuring! You applied a couple of weeks before me so hopefully I hear back soon! Good luck at your interview!
I applied to TJU late August as well and received an email a day or two ago saying they are reviewing a record number of applicants and thanking me for my patience so idk? I'm also hoping to hear back from them soon!!

Last edited:
Applied: St. Ambrose University, Drake University, Creighton University, Marquette University, St. Catherine University
Acceptances: Creighton (10/6)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

When did you hear back from st ambrose and when did you apply? I didn't do their early admission so I am wondering if that is why I haven't heard back yet or not. I didn't even get a confirmation email though.. did you?

Acceptances: Creighton (10/6)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Also, when did you apply to drake and how soon after did you hear back? If you don't mind, what are your stats? I am just curious!:)

How long does the verification process take
For me it only took a few hours, though it was mid-August so there were probably fewer applications waiting to be verified at the time. I was expecting anywhere from a day to two weeks honestly so I was surprised.

Also, when did you apply to drake and how soon after did you hear back? If you don't mind, what are your stats? I am just curious!:)

Hi, I submitted my applications every school I applied to on August 11, so it was pretty early! I did not get a confirmation email from either St. Ambrose or Drake, so don't worry about not receiving one! Drake invited me to an interview on September 8, and St. Ambrose offered me an interview on September 21. I know Drake does rolling admissions, so hopefully you will hear back soon!

My stats are:
Major: Kinesiology & Health
GPA: 3.93
Pre-req GPA: 4.00
GRE: 152 (V) 151 (Q) - most schools I applied to waived this requirement due to COVID-19!
Extra-Curricular: Held multiple leadership positions within my sorority (Philanthropy committee, social committee, by-law committee, recording secretary, executive board member), secretary for Kinesiology & Health Club (1 year), student leader for my church (3 years), led a small group for my sorority (3 years), and volunteered with Special Olympics (3 years), Girls on the Run (3 years), and a pediatric rehab center (beginning of this year until COVID-19).
Work Experience: Camp counselor (2 years), YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center (one summer), and an internship through my church (1 year).
OT hours: 52 total. (I was planning on more before COVID-19 happened, so I indicated that in OTCAS. Most schools I applied to also waived this requirement as well!)

I hope that helps! I debated posting stats because comparison is very real and can be extremely hard... but I am hoping this relieves any worry you may be experiencing. This is such a exciting yet stressful time, and it can be so hard to be patient! Please let me know if you have any other questions, and keep me updated on what you hear back from schools! I wish you nothing but the best of luck! :)

Hey guys, I'm in need of some advice!

The first time I took the GRE, my scores were: V: 153 Q: 146 AW: 3.5
The second time I took it, I did better on writing but actually did worse on the other two sections! :( V: 145 Q:145 AW: 4

I have already sent the original scores because they were not terrible. Should I send the second scores as well since the writing it better? Or should I just stick with the original scores? I heard they look at verbal and writing more. I plan on taking it again soon to see if I can get a higher score across all three sections, but Im not sure I will succeed.

Thanks!

The second time I took it, I did better on writing but actually did worse on the other two sections! :( V: 145 Q:145 AW: 4

I have already sent the original scores because they were not terrible. Should I send the second scores as well since the writing it better? Or should I just stick with the original scores? I heard they look at verbal and writing more. I plan on taking it again soon to see if I can get a higher score across all three sections, but Im not sure I will succeed.

Thanks!
How many schools require the GRE? If your gpa is higher I’d say you are fine with your first scores! If the schools weigh the GRE heavily maybe I’d send the second scores just to those specific schools. But like I said if you have a good gpa and the rest of your stats are good then I feel like you’re totally fine! Your first scores are good!

How many schools require the GRE? If your gpa is higher I’d say you are fine with your first scores! If the schools weigh the GRE heavily maybe I’d send the second scores just to those specific schools. But like I said if you have a good gpa and the rest of your stats are good then I feel like you’re totally fine! Your first scores are good!
I applied to about 9 schools, and only 5 of them require the GRE. Hopefully my 3.3 cumulative/ 3.8 science GPA helps me more than my scores. Your response definitely made me feel a little better! Thank you!!

Thanks!
You'd be fine with your first scores, but it could be worth reaching out to your schools about it. Some schools will take the highest score from each section throughout every test you took! In that case, it would only help you!

I applied to about 9 schools, and only 5 of them require the GRE. Hopefully my 3.3 cumulative/ 3.8 science GPA helps me more than my scores. Your response definitely made me feel a little better! Thank you!!
Youre totally in the clear then! Your scores are great! I’d say look at the schools specifically and if they specify if they require a min of a 4 on writing then I’d submit the second as well to those schools. A lot of schools will say their “preferred” GRE scores and will also specify if they accept lower! My gre wasn’t the best but the schools I applied to said if you don’t meet the preferred that it’s okay and they look at you in a holistic view! I bet you’re okay!! Don’t over think it:) you got this!

You'd be fine with your first scores, but it could be worth reaching out to your schools about it. Some schools will take the highest score from each section throughout every test you took! In that case, it would only help you!
Oh wow I didn’t know that! Okay thank you so much!!