Who is getting ready for NBPME part I take 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFootMan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would throw it out there....

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting thread topic.

When I get back to Miami in a week, I'll be getting ready for March's NBPME pt2, take 1 :confused:

GL and study hard. I'd imagine you may get a better curve since many people sitting for the August exam are retaking. Hard to say, though...

wait! wats the relevance of retaking the NBPME exam when the scores are not reported to programs.i mean whats the big deal if you got a 80% and passed or got a 70% and passed. all the program gets is either a PASS/FAIL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh, the significance is if you didn't pass it the first time, then you have to take it a 2nd time. You can't take part II unless you pass part I, you can't take part III unless you pass part II, You can't become a podiatrist unless you pass part III.

can residency programs see that you failed once and are re-taking?

When applying for externships for 4th year, some programs will ask you to state and possibly even send in results of part I. I would think, but it is just speculation at this point, that it wouldn't look too good if you put retake or not pass or something to that effect when applying for externships and even to residency, but I think the overall sentiment is if you are applying for residencies, it's sort of implied that you've passed part I. 4th years and residents can shed more light onto this than I can at this point.

Uh, the significance is if you didn't pass it the first time, then you have to take it a 2nd time. You can't take part II unless you pass part I, you can't take part III unless you pass part II, You can't become a podiatrist unless you pass part III.

lol tats true. Failing the exam was not even in my mind. he he.