Who is using the EK verbal method?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyphool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been using the ek verbal method on kaplan verbal exams. It doesnt seem to work very well on them. The kaplan exams seem to focus too much on detail questions. And usually the question stems provide no clues to the answers. When i did the ek method on ek exams they seem to work. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I'd go with EK method on EK tests. From what I have heard and seen, EK passages are most similar to the actual MCAT. Also, many Kaplan students I have spoken with have complained of doing well on Kaplan verbal and getting worked on the real thing. My friend got 13P, 13B and 6V last April after taking Kaplan, and his scores on the Kaplan diags were relatively high (10s and above on Verbal). Everyone is different though, and I'm sure that there are many out there that have done well on the real MCAT after preparing with only Kaplan verbal material.

For what it's worth...I am currently using the following method: summarizing the main idea of each paragraph and writing it down. A poster from SDN posted this method and from what I am seeing...it works pretty well. I have this trouble where if I am really nervous, I can read through an entire passage and not really grasp the content. This is the biggest hurdle in terms of time management because I have to go back and keep re-reading the passages. I don't know exactly which company suggested this method or if it's the creating of the SDN poster but it works...so far so good.

im using the EK method in the EK verbal 101 and my score has improved from 8 to 10 after 4 tests.

jtank said:
im using the EK method in the EK verbal 101 and my score has improved from 8 to 10 after 4 tests.
Can someone please let me know what the EK verbal method is?? i would really appreciate a brief description of it! im enrolled in kaplan but practicing from the EK verbal book. so please can someone help?