Who is your favorite SDNer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
coco11 said:
:luck:

thanks for the shoutout jackie!

I have a similar list. Although I don't know many people on here, I find the posts of these people to be helpful/funny/both :)

Anastasis
Jackie
Scentiment
theprowler
adeadlois
CavalierMD

miesvandermom
strawberry
Dr.Durden
bluntman
oxeye
peeps that have played the werewolf games
the mods i already mentioned
....and i'm sure there are others

:clap: luck to all those applying this cycle

Heck yes. Word to those above. Good calls.

Members don't see this ad.

MiesVanDerMom said:
i'm so glad jackie listed me :) now all the pain of high school is erased... here goes my best shot: jackie, anastasis, schadenfreuden, qofquimica, oxeye, jota-jota, dr mota, dr pepper, tenaciousmd, and brettbachelor. A lot of people I only know avatars! EVERYONE over in the non-trad forum is awesome. And my love affair with Dr. E. ended when I caught him in bed with Chyme. :sleep: :thumbdown: So he does NOT make the list...

ETA: severus

aw shucks :D
-Dr. P.

jackieMD2007 said:
Heck yes. Word to those above. Good calls.

Thanks!

And guess what...THIS IS MY 500TH POST (as lame as it sounds, I was planning on making my 500th post to announce that I had submitted AMCAS...but, alas, I need a few more days...)

Members don't see this ad :)
jackieMD2007 said:
Of course you'd put yourself on the list and then put a couple of destructive trolls. Doesn't surprise me after that day I saw you make that sh*tty comment to Chaey about her MCAT. Now I just sort of expect that you're going to be kind of jerky. Sometimes you have good comments but sometimes it seems you are mean for the sake of being mean.

Everyone else--I really like scentimint, anastasis, DrVanNostran, coco11, danjo (of course), mollymalone, mshheaddoc, Pemberley, GoodDoctor, strawberryfield, MiesVanDerMom, Aung, jrice, Robizzle, thnknofu3, theprowler, Q of Quim, and Schaden Freud. I'm sure there are others too but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Jackie, you stand up for me, but I'm not one of your favorites...(cries in corner).
Well, Jackie, you're one of my faves and so is BrettBachelor, gujudoc, yalla, tacrum, adeadlois, doctorpardi, med_04, ebrahimy, ctg, anastasis, dr.mota, flopotomist, gdbaby, baylorguy, yourmom, and getunconscious.

QofQuimica said:
I'd add njbmd, efex101, and REL to this list for being super helpful to me when I was applying. Plus everyone who helps me with the MCAT subforum, the pre-allo/MCAT mods, and Lee. :)
That won't help you get promoted any faster, homes.

:p

EvoDevo said:

I was going to add you to my list as well, because I figure if I can become a mod that is thousands of hours of "volunteer" work I can add to my amcas next year.

Apparently my campaign of terror....ok, ok....my campaign of being a totally brutally honest prick....is paying off.....I've only been mentioned here once :smuggrin:

EvoDevo said:

What about random comments about Engrish? Will that get me promoted any faster? :laugh:

EvoDevo said:

Well, how about I arrange for you to have a small "accident" then??? :smuggrin: In all seriousness, Evo, I don't know how you guys do it....it's enough work being responsible for a couple of forums let alone an entire category or two of them. :p

Robizzle said:
WOW never thought my name would be in here! THANKS JACKIE!! right back atcha ;)

word, rob you are also on my list. and not just b/c we know each other personally if you know what i mean...;)
and qofquimica...of course i can't say enough! :love: the work you do with the Q&A subforum is fantastic, and you always have time to share some advice with lil old me. :)

gujudoc and anastasis were some of the first people who gave me advice back when i was a little SDN baby...and look, i stayed around!!

oxeye and miesvandermom, i love all your cute baby pics!

Mr. T (aka Teerawit) and Caristra get a special shout out for being fellow MSTP nutjobs...i mean applicants. ;)

nikki, mushy, arsenic, ironman, megboo, mollymalone, brettb, lilithny, beary, jlw, Awhitehair, you guys never cease to keep me entertained in the random thread. sometimes that thread gets a little too MCAT-related, but we always get it right back to the randomness.

and :love: to all my werewolf buddies as well!

I couldn't probably answer who is my LEAST FAVORITE SDNer than my favorite ones. For the most part, everyone's cool. Occasionally you have a troll or two or someone with a chip on their shoulder you'd like to knock off.

Awwww... I :love: you guys!!

As far as straight out advice has been, QofQuimica is my guru. :love:
oxeye, scenti, miesvandermom, Mr. T, the random peeps (nikki, mushy, a-man, ironman, megboo, mollymalone, brettbach, lilithny, beary, jlw, Awhitehair), Pemberley, My MCAT twin Dr.Durden, My sparring buddy Mr Freud (dont' get hurt if I missed your name - sure I'm forgetting people)

But then there are all the people I read last year that helped me out:
gujudoc, tacrum, flopotomist, gdbaby, Yourmom, LabMonster, getunconscious, and chaeymaey

And of course Evo because he so damn hot... I mean such a good mod.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to vote for all the helpful people on the MD/PHD combined degree forum. I would lurk around those threads when I first started here. The advice really helped me decide to apply for the dual degree. And Nueronix actually gave me the courage to go knock on a professorsdoor and ask to be in their lab a couple years ago. (and it worked too. I got in the lab :eek: )

CptCrunch said:
Can you cook?

Actually yes...almost went to culinary school.lol

chaeymaey said:
Jackie, you stand up for me, but I'm not one of your favorites...(cries in corner).
Well, Jackie, you're one of my faves and so is BrettBachelor, gujudoc, yalla, tacrum, adeadlois, doctorpardi, med_04, ebrahimy, ctg, anastasis, dr.mota, flopotomist, gdbaby, baylorguy, yourmom, and getunconscious.

Chaey! I put your name in that post. I thought that counted. And Chyme has been an @ss to others lately, not just you. I know that doesn't make it better, but yours was the worst I saw. I have nothin' but :love: for ya, girl!!!

And big ups to DOCTOR PARDI!!! Woo!!

jackieMD2007 said:
Chaey! I put your name in that post. I thought that counted. And Chyme has been an @ss to others lately, not just you. I know that doesn't make it better, but yours was the worst I saw. I have nothin' but :love: for ya, girl!!!

You guys are never going to let me live this down are you? :oops:

Chyme, you have a lot of wit and say some really f-ing funny things sometimes.
But that thing about Chaey? And then backing Dr. E? What happened to you, man?

That's all. :) A little tough love for you. :love:

jackieMD2007 said:
Chyme, you have a lot of wit and say some really f-ing funny things sometimes.
But that thing about Chaey? And then backing Dr. E? What happened to you, man?

That's all. :) A little tough love for you. :love:

1. I get a little sarcastic sometimes and my comment about Chaey sounded a ton meaner than I meant it too. :oops:

2. Every SDNer needs a little back up... Even DR. EUGENIC! jk :D

Well, Chyme, if you'd stop backing trolls, especially destructive ones, then you would definitely have my vote for one of the greats. That's all.

And to your credit, you did apologize to Chaey. So I guess we don't need to roast you further on that. :)

Haemulon said:
DoctorPardi gets my vote, just because I like seeing that cool avatar. :thumbup:

Makes me want to dance. :D

same here. it reminds me of family guy when Stewie has the party break, lol. Makes me laugh every time.

tough love is the best love!

thanks for the shout-outs guys... i love all SDNers in varying doses :love:

Caristra said:
I'd like to vote for all the helpful people on the MD/PHD combined degree forum. I would lurk around those threads when I first started here. The advice really helped me decide to apply for the dual degree. And Nueronix actually gave me the courage to go knock on a professorsdoor and ask to be in their lab a couple years ago. (and it worked too. I got in the lab :eek: )

true dat. they are all very helpful!

DRKUBA said:
same here. it reminds me of family guy when Stewie has the party break, lol. Makes me laugh every time.

I don't think I'll ever be able to change my avatar because I don't think I could ever find one better lol. It never gets old, I'll stare at it myself sometimes and laugh lol.

Oh and also, I wanted to say Jackie is the ****. I have been reading these forums and to a lesser degree posting on them for about a year and it is so weird to see people who go from 10+ posts to 500 or 1,000. Or maybe not even that big of a change but go from being the people asking the questions to the people answering them. I think Jackie at one point was a question asker and now she is definitely an answerer. Anyway, I can't wait for the 2008 cycle to come around, every thread will be started or posted in by either me or Brett lol.

:laugh: yeah you and Brett are going to be bird-dogging the '08 cycle with lists and threads and everything. :)

DRKUBA said:
I love party breaks.

I wonder what about a thread who is your LEAST favorite SDNer. I wonder if that is a TOS violation. :laugh:

mshheaddoc said:
I love party breaks.

I wonder what about a thread who is your LEAST favorite SDNer. I wonder if that is a TOS violation. :laugh:
Definitely.

But aren't those threads a daily staple of the lounge anyway?

TOS violations? Not in the least. Nonsense in the lounge? Of course. Would a least fav SDNer be TOS? Well then shouldn't fav SDNer be a TOS then?

But if there is a fav SDNer, why not a least fav SDNer? We only allow positive in our culture, not negative. Just my thought. I am not saying it needs to be done but I find in intriguing that we lean towards one extreme over the other.

There have been many of this type of thread over the years. ;) But never see the "least" favorite thread that much.

mshheaddoc said:
There have been many of this type of thread over the years. ;) But never see the "least" favorite thread that much.

Yeah, I seem to recall that most of those get shut down pretty quickly.

mshheaddoc said:
TOS violations? Not in the least. Nonsense in the lounge? Of course. Would a least fav SDNer be TOS? Well then shouldn't fav SDNer be a TOS then?

But if there is a fav SDNer, why not a least fav SDNer? We only allow positive in our culture, not negative. Just my thought. I am not saying it needs to be done but I find in intriguing that we lean towards one extreme over the other.

There is a thread devoted to SDNers who hate other SDNers. It's been going strong for a couple of years.

mshheaddoc said:
I love party breaks.

If it's not a TOS violation in and of itself, it's an incredibly bad idea because it's bound to lead to one. I recommend NOT starting such a thread. If you don't like this or that SDNer to the point where you feel inclined to complain about it, then follow Evo's recommendation and put them on your "ignore" list. :)

QofQuimica said:
If it's not a TOS violation in and of itself, it's an incredibly bad idea because it's bound to lead to one. I recommend NOT starting such a thread. If you don't like this or that SDNer to the point where you feel inclined to complain about it, then follow Evo's recommendation and put them on your "ignore" list. :)

I wrote you a terrible limmerick Q!

Oh I agree, its a bad idea, (and agree, there should NOT be a thread of that nature) but my thought process just found it amusing this morning. After you see 20 of these favorite SDN threads pop up, your mind beings to wander ...

And yes sev, that thread is not in pre-allo though. ;)

mshheaddoc said:
Oh I agree, its a bad idea, (and agree, there should NOT be a thread of that nature) but my thought process just found it amusing this morning. After you see 20 of these favorite SDN threads pop up, your mind beings to wander ...

In other words, Mushy's taking the good drugs.

QofQuimica said:
Thanks; I'll check it out. I'm sorry I haven't written to you in so long, but I will soon, I promise. This week is just very busy for me....I swear I didn't forget about you. :)

Ha, don't worry about it. Just keep in touch from time to time :). I want to know how your medical school experience is going.

Theres so much love in this room....

:love:

DrBorisCA said:
Theres so much love in this room....

...a little too much, actually. You know, you can't have a yin without a yang. For every :love: or :thumbup: in this thread, another poor kid somewhere is literally ****ting himself to death due shrapnel from a mine that ripped open his guts, later to be devoured by vultures.

I hope you all burn in hell.​

Lately all the Randomites, especially jlw and my favorite hippy & score twin VD. But not Kuba as he beat me to 500 posts. :smuggrin:

However, have to give a shout out to pals from the countdown thread: EddieIndy (THX!!), Chyme for all!, DrP, CptCrunch, danjo, Freud, LifetimeDoc, rajad, erina, ironman, gymbum, coco, Haemulon, and of course the original undercover gunner Jackie.

LizzyM, Q, Mushy, and the Procrastinatrix get my votes though for SDN patron saints.

Dr Durden said:
Lately all the Randomites, especially jlw and my favorite hippy & score twin VD. But not Kuba as he beat me to 500 posts. :smuggrin:

However, have to give a shout out to pals from the countdown thread: EddieIndy (THX!!), Chyme for all!, DrP, CptCrunch, danjo, Freud, LifetimeDoc, rajad, erina, ironman, gymbum, coco, Haemulon, and of course the original undercover gunner Jackie.

LizzyM, Q, Mushy, and the Procrastinatrix get my votes though for SDN patron saints.

Yeah, Erina rules. And you too, Dr. Durden. Hurray!! :) :love:

quanct said:
...a little too much, actually. You know, you can't have a yin without a yang. For every :love: or :thumbup: in this thread, another poor kid somewhere is literally ****ting himself to death due shrapnel from a mine that ripped open his guts, later to be devoured by vultures.

I hope you all burn in hell.

wow... he has deep rooted emotional issues. he was either hugged too much or too little by his parents as a kid. remember parents, it is essential to hug your kids just the right amount or this will happen to your kids!!

jackieMD2007 said:

(wipes away tears) You like me...you really like me? Yay! I think we should we should bring up the Chyme thing every couple of weeks just to keep him on his toes, hehe.

chaeymaey said:
(wipes away tears) You like me...you really like me? Yay! I think we should we should bring up the Chyme thing every couple of weeks just to keep him on his toes, hehe.

Or, we could see if he's going to stop being such a prick. I know he has it in him to be smart, witty AND (gasp!) polite. Heart ya, babe. I liked the other avatar pic you had up better, but this one is good too. :)

jackieMD2007 said:
Or, we could see if he's going to stop being such a prick. I know he has it in him to be smart, witty AND (gasp!) polite. Heart ya, babe. I liked the other avatar pic you had up better, but this one is good too. :)

Yes, bring back Anne Hathaway.

ironman also gets a vote from me, cuz he's very helpful, friendly, humble, funny and oh...can't forget the PSU avatar :love: ...can't go wrong w/ that! :D

:love: ya ironman!

coco is soooo darn super-sweet and stuff and I can't stand it sometimes! :D I love it! :love:

thanks all! this is a great thread! :thumbup: