-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations! 🙂Dr_Feelgood said:I did. 😀
Dr_Feelgood said:I did. 😀
👍 All Good Here!!!
Krabmas and Gusty ~ It's shocking but true!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr_Feelgood said:I did. 😀
Come on man, there is no reason to lie. You and Ilizarob will have another chance in October

allpod said:👍 All Good Here!!!
Krabmas and Gusty ~ It's shocking but true!!!
I told you so.... isn't it better when that saying is for good news 👍
keep us updated on the others at AZPOD - you know we are looking for the pass rate.
Yipee!!! I passed!!!
krabmas said:I told you so.... isn't it better when that saying is for good news 👍
keep us updated on the others at AZPOD - you know we are looking for the pass rate.
Podman said:passed part I, and I can now sense the finish line 🙂
Chalk another one up for me. Just got it today. Thank you small letter envelope!
Congratulations to all of you who passed the NBPME Part I exam.
What a Great Day! I also got the small envelope, Wow something so small and so so wonderful. I passed as well! 👍
gustydoc said:The mailman just stopped by. Thank God I never have to look at my USMLE book ever again! 👍
congrats. tell your wife to kiss you for me 😍
D
Dr_Feelgood
NJdian said:what do you need to get to pass the board? and how much you need to study for it?
Your score is scaled from 99-50. You need a 75 to pass the boards.
As for study time, I put in a few hours at least 4 days/week in June and then 2 weeks before the test I was studying about 4-8 hours per day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do students from DMU (or anyone really) use any additional study material besides USMLE STEP 1 and LEA notes? I'd love to pass more info along to the classes below me...granted whatever I did worked, it would be nice to know if there was other recommended study tools out there for pods....thanks!
Dr_Feelgood said:Your score is scaled from 99-50. You need a 75 to pass the boards.
As for study time, I put in a few hours at least 4 days/week in June and then 2 weeks before the test I was studying about 4-8 hours per day.
I studied in a similar fashion as Dr_Feelgood....a few hours a few days per week in early June then I hit it hard for three weeks prior to the exam
NJdian said:what do you need to get to pass the board? and how much you need to study for it?
PoddyTrained said:Do students from DMU (or anyone really) use any additional study material besides USMLE STEP 1 and LEA notes? I'd love to pass more info along to the classes below me...granted whatever I did worked, it would be nice to know if there was other recommended study tools out there for pods....thanks!
I found that individual board review books were helpful, especially for histology and path. But I also thought that my class notes from each class were very comprehensive and used them as well. (I dont know if they are as helpful at other schools). Add that to the step 1 USMLE and the lower limb notes, and you have a potion.
D
Dr_Feelgood
IlizaRob said:I found that individual board review books were helpful, especially for histology and path. But I also thought that my class notes from each class were very comprehensive and used them as well. (I dont know if they are as helpful at other schools). Add that to the step 1 USMLE and the lower limb notes, and you have a potion.
The potion was great, but tasted like crap.
I also had supplemental books in all areas anatomy, phys, biochem, immuno, ect. But I only looked at the Biochem and Micro/immuno. I over studied in those areas, especially since there were few ?s in that area that needed extra thought. Looking back I would have put more time into lower limb and maybe, pharm. I did study pharm a lot but didn't look at the dosing equations/terminology.
D
Dr_Feelgood
Dr_Feelgood said:The potion was great, but tasted like crap.![]()
I also had supplemental books in all areas anatomy, phys, biochem, immuno, ect. But I only looked at the Biochem and Micro/immuno. I over studied in those areas, especially since there were few ?s in that area that needed extra thought. Looking back I would have put more time into lower limb and maybe, pharm. I did study pharm a lot but didn't look at the dosing equations/terminology.
I used the COMLEX study guides to be more specific (except OMM of course).
Podman said:passed part I, and I can now sense the finish line 🙂
Truer words were never spoken.
allpod said:It's official! AZPOD has 100% pass rate for our first class! 😀
AZPOD guinea pigs rocked the boards!!!![]()
I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go!![]()
What schools have you heard rumored 100%?
psionic_blast said:What schools have you heard rumored 100%?
I didn't get names. I hope it's true!!! If it's your school ~ post it! I would love to know.
allpod said:It's official! AZPOD has 100% pass rate for our first class! 😀
AZPOD guinea pigs rocked the boards!!!![]()
I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go!![]()
Congats you guys I knew you would do it. We won't find out from the Dean for certain how everyone did at DMU until Oct, but you all should be really proud. Even without upperclassmen to lean on for advice you guys knocked it out of the park. Nice work!
Great news!allpod said:It's official! AZPOD has 100% pass rate for our first class! 😀
AZPOD guinea pigs rocked the boards!!!![]()
I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go!![]()
The pressure is on the class of 2009 and 2010 now 😱
Joyfully, the prophecy is fulfilled!!! 🙂 Great news!!!allpod said:It's official! AZPOD has 100% pass rate for our first class! 😀
AZPOD guinea pigs rocked the boards!!!![]()
I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go!![]()
Gsrimport and I haven't begun to feel the pressure... but I guarantee that the 09'ers are going to really feel it.
Great job, Allpod!
AZPOD Rocks
allpod said:It's official! AZPOD has 100% pass rate for our first class! 😀
AZPOD guinea pigs rocked the boards!!!![]()
I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go!![]()
Congrats you guys!! That is awesome. Keep it up.
D
Dr_Feelgood
I'm glad that you guys had a 100% b/c if 1 person would have failed the stats would not be in proportion to the effort and level of education. Congrats.
W
whiskers
It's great to see schools get 100% pass rates! It's great to see them run what I consider academic circles around the other ones that didn't do so hot. A 100% passing rate speaks volumes about their students, but more so, in my opinion, about their professors and administrators and their dedication to ACADEMICS and KNOWLEDGE.
Now I'd personally like to see the better residency programs step up to the plate and make a BOLD statement and reward those stellar schools and their academic students.
Oh, and if any scholarship recipients failed... to pass(lol), I hope they no longer qualify for their scholarship until they get above passing on that exam.
Now I'd personally like to see the better residency programs step up to the plate and make a BOLD statement and reward those stellar schools and their academic students.
Oh, and if any scholarship recipients failed... to pass(lol), I hope they no longer qualify for their scholarship until they get above passing on that exam.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Page (AZPod Program Director) went over board scores during orientation this last week. The national average was 82.
D
Dr_Feelgood
Dr. Page (AZPod Program Director) went over board scores during orientation this last week. The national average was 82.
Do you mean the national pass rate???
Do you mean the national pass rate???
I don't know if it was the national pass rate or the national mean for test scores. If you do, I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks.
AZPOD Rocks
D
Dr_Feelgood
I believe it was national pass rate. It showed percentage passed at AZPod and the average passing rate at other schools.
Yeah the national pass rate was 81-82% this year.
Hey guys!
Just got my result today after 22 days from the test and i passed..
I have been asking people around a lot on SDN regarding how to study and they have been very helpful..
Thankful to every one who replied..
Just got my result today after 22 days from the test and i passed..
I have been asking people around a lot on SDN regarding how to study and they have been very helpful..
Thankful to every one who replied..
Seven year necro! Nice!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K