Who passed Part I boards???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr_Feelgood

I did. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Dr_Feelgood said:

:thumbup: All Good Here!!!

Krabmas and Gusty ~ It's shocking but true!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
allpod said:
:thumbup: All Good Here!!!

Krabmas and Gusty ~ It's shocking but true!!!

I told you so.... isn't it better when that saying is for good news :thumbup:

keep us updated on the others at AZPOD - you know we are looking for the pass rate.

The mailman just stopped by. Thank God I never have to look at my USMLE book ever again! :thumbup:

Yipee!!! I passed!!!

krabmas said:
I told you so.... isn't it better when that saying is for good news :thumbup:

keep us updated on the others at AZPOD - you know we are looking for the pass rate.

passed part I, and I can now sense the finish line :)

What a Great Day! I also got the small envelope, Wow something so small and so so wonderful. I passed as well! :thumbup:

what do you need to get to pass the board? and how much you need to study for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
NJdian said:
what do you need to get to pass the board? and how much you need to study for it?

Your score is scaled from 99-50. You need a 75 to pass the boards.

As for study time, I put in a few hours at least 4 days/week in June and then 2 weeks before the test I was studying about 4-8 hours per day.

Do students from DMU (or anyone really) use any additional study material besides USMLE STEP 1 and LEA notes? I'd love to pass more info along to the classes below me...granted whatever I did worked, it would be nice to know if there was other recommended study tools out there for pods....thanks!

Dr_Feelgood said:
Your score is scaled from 99-50. You need a 75 to pass the boards.

As for study time, I put in a few hours at least 4 days/week in June and then 2 weeks before the test I was studying about 4-8 hours per day.

I studied in a similar fashion as Dr_Feelgood....a few hours a few days per week in early June then I hit it hard for three weeks prior to the exam

NJdian said:

PoddyTrained said:
Do students from DMU (or anyone really) use any additional study material besides USMLE STEP 1 and LEA notes? I'd love to pass more info along to the classes below me...granted whatever I did worked, it would be nice to know if there was other recommended study tools out there for pods....thanks!

I found that individual board review books were helpful, especially for histology and path. But I also thought that my class notes from each class were very comprehensive and used them as well. (I dont know if they are as helpful at other schools). Add that to the step 1 USMLE and the lower limb notes, and you have a potion.

IlizaRob said:
I found that individual board review books were helpful, especially for histology and path. But I also thought that my class notes from each class were very comprehensive and used them as well. (I dont know if they are as helpful at other schools). Add that to the step 1 USMLE and the lower limb notes, and you have a potion.

The potion was great, but tasted like crap. :laugh:

I also had supplemental books in all areas anatomy, phys, biochem, immuno, ect. But I only looked at the Biochem and Micro/immuno. I over studied in those areas, especially since there were few ?s in that area that needed extra thought. Looking back I would have put more time into lower limb and maybe, pharm. I did study pharm a lot but didn't look at the dosing equations/terminology.

Dr_Feelgood said:
The potion was great, but tasted like crap. :laugh:

I also had supplemental books in all areas anatomy, phys, biochem, immuno, ect. But I only looked at the Biochem and Micro/immuno. I over studied in those areas, especially since there were few ?s in that area that needed extra thought. Looking back I would have put more time into lower limb and maybe, pharm. I did study pharm a lot but didn't look at the dosing equations/terminology.

I used the COMLEX study guides to be more specific (except OMM of course).

It's official! AZPOD has 100% pass rate for our first class! :D

AZPOD guinea pigs rocked the boards!!! :clap:

I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go! :clap:

allpod said:

I heard a rumor that a couple other schools are in the 100% club. Way to go! :clap:

What schools have you heard rumored 100%?

psionic_blast said:
What schools have you heard rumored 100%?

I didn't get names. I hope it's true!!! If it's your school ~ post it! I would love to know.

allpod said:

Congats you guys I knew you would do it. We won't find out from the Dean for certain how everyone did at DMU until Oct, but you all should be really proud. Even without upperclassmen to lean on for advice you guys knocked it out of the park. Nice work!

allpod said:

Great news!
The pressure is on the class of 2009 and 2010 now :eek:

allpod said:

Joyfully, the prophecy is fulfilled!!! :) Great news!!!

Gsrimport and I haven't begun to feel the pressure... but I guarantee that the 09'ers are going to really feel it. :laugh:

Great job, Allpod!

AZPOD Rocks

allpod said:

Congrats you guys!! That is awesome. Keep it up.

I'm glad that you guys had a 100% b/c if 1 person would have failed the stats would not be in proportion to the effort and level of education. Congrats.

It's great to see schools get 100% pass rates! It's great to see them run what I consider academic circles around the other ones that didn't do so hot. A 100% passing rate speaks volumes about their students, but more so, in my opinion, about their professors and administrators and their dedication to ACADEMICS and KNOWLEDGE.

Now I'd personally like to see the better residency programs step up to the plate and make a BOLD statement and reward those stellar schools and their academic students.

Oh, and if any scholarship recipients failed... to pass(lol), I hope they no longer qualify for their scholarship until they get above passing on that exam.

Dr. Page (AZPod Program Director) went over board scores during orientation this last week. The national average was 82.

Do you mean the national pass rate???

I don't know if it was the national pass rate or the national mean for test scores. If you do, I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks.

AZPOD Rocks

I believe it was national pass rate. It showed percentage passed at AZPod and the average passing rate at other schools.

The NBPME told us in Vegas it was 81%

Hey guys!
Just got my result today after 22 days from the test and i passed..
I have been asking people around a lot on SDN regarding how to study and they have been very helpful..
Thankful to every one who replied..

My question is how did the person take the test 22days ago? The first testing day is July 10th. hmmm...maybe the poster has the wrong forum.