Who's applying to Florida schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed to vent a bit. Does anyone else wish it was the time when waitlists started moving? I'm having a nice time this year, but wouldn't mind knowing where I'm heading next year...

Ok...I'm done complaining.

Heck, I'm very rapidly going insane, begging just for an interview. I'll worry about acceptances, wait-lists, post-interview rejections later! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DrZeke, good luck this cycle...hope you get in somewhere! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

We will interview until the end of March this year. We have completed scheduling through the end of January so far.

Thanks for the update. So I want to poise a scenario for you that applies to some friends of mine considering the MCAT.

Say you have awesome ECs and an equally awesome GPA but your MCAT score is slightly below the min. req. for USF. What would you recommend? They go do the SMP or no SMP??? Mrs. Jackson has recommended some of these people to do the SMP. What are your thoughts?
Also, how is postbac GPA calculated into one's undergrad GPA when being considered for admissions?

what is the special master's program at USF COM called? does anyone have the website?

Thanks.

Its called the IMS degree.

http://hsc.usf.edu/medicine/oae
Then click on the tab that says programs and you'll see it as you scroll down the list of the 3 programs.

Or contact the Office of Academic Enrichment's program director Suzanne Jackson.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh, I said "invites." :D Said it twice just to make sure no one thought I meant just interviews. ;) I guess REL indirectly answered my question by saying the Janurary interviews are set up. So I guess that means there are some invitations left to offer.

Invites, interviews. Its all the same thing. Yeah so they call you a week or more in advance, but the point is if you know when they interview up until you can pretty much predict whether or not they are still inviting people.
That was my logic.

Its called the IMS degree.

http://hsc.usf.edu/medicine/oae
Then click on the tab that says programs and you'll see it as you scroll down the list of the 3 programs.

Or contact the Office of Academic Enrichment's program director Suzanne Jackson.

I wish I had known about that program before embarking on my own 2-year, informal post-baccalaureate program at UCF. I probably would have been better off and already had an interview/acceptance by now, spending the same amount of money, time and effort if I had joined such a program. :oops: :(

Hey guys, SDN's got a new policy--we need to close threads with 1000+ replies, so that the server doesn't slow down. One of you guys can start "Who's applying to Florida schools? Part II. :D

I'll be closing this thread soon.

To prove that your undergrad was in your "past life", can you also do an informal post-baccalaureate where you take full-time, upper-division science courses (physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, etc) and get all A's and score above a 30 (10 or higher in each section) on the MCAT? Does it have to be a special SMP?

Based on what I've seen with past applicants, I think your personal scenario indicates that an SMP would more likely help you. I'd personally look into more then just USF's program though. Think about the more well known one's which you have a shot at. A place like georgetown's program or Boston Universities program if they are still accepting applicants. Its definitely worth it.

Hey guys, SDN's got a new policy--we need to close threads with 1000+ replies, so that the server doesn't slow down. One of you guys can start "Who's applying to Florida schools? Part II. :D

I'll be closing this thread soon.

I'll do it right now. i've been wondering for a few days why it hadn't been closed yet.

Moderator note: continued here.

Status
Not open for further replies.