whre to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beamiestface

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What sorts of places would a person with a 35 MCAT and 3.6 GPA apply? (assuming that the applicant has really nothing special to offer--has some volunteering, busy in school activities, etc., not a hard science major, degree from top 15 LAC)

Sorry guys--I just really have no clue about how this all works...

Also--with a 35 MCAT, how low of a GPA could a person have and still get into a decent med school? Where (besides their respective state schools) should someone with a 3.5/35 apply?

Members don't see this ad.

It is really a hard question with a 35 and a 3.6??

It would be much more valuable for you to look at the stats published in US News or the Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR) than to extrapolate your chances from a few responses on this board!

I think you'll find that your stats give you a reasonable chance of getting in just about anywhere. I also think you'll find -- if you read this board for awhile -- that the admissions process is unpredictable (the word "crapshoot is often used to describe it), and that there's no guarantee you'll get into a top school. But you're bound to get in SOMEWHERE with those stats.