WHY A URM (or any other contraversial topic) thread can never exsist here on SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you agree that there are people who destroy threads on purpose and to what...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually happy this thread turned out the way it did... Over 60% of the people recognize that threads are purposely derailed...

Over 40% of SDN'rs actually believe it is done on purpose and is racist and or insensitive.

Pancho if you don't like the topic why don't you just not post to the thread... the topic and the OP don't need your bashing and endless rude coments. That is not why they created the post. you offer nothing but childish and pointless remarks. It is a shame of otherwise awesome community and environment for future and current medical doctors.

I hope the moderators can see that not everyone here comments and responds to the bigotry. Yes even family guy is offensive but hahahaha we just laugh because yea you're getting them in there but doesn't mean we are stupid and don't know what it is your trying to do... just like the comment little alien boy made about mexicans... That was the first and most pointed topic of that punchline. The other comparison's are pointless Swedish... WTH? Again, no one is stupid but yet this is the crap we have to endure out there...

Again, pure shame.

Members don't see this ad.

See this is the stuff I am talking about. Pancho has to come and comment so rudely to me, hurts my feelings and brings a tear to my eye... Can't we all just get along. :oops: :( :( :oops: :( :oops: ;)

Your thread topic aside, haven't you noticed that it isn't just one or two familiar faces popping up in your threads to flame you or complain about you and your thread? Nor is it just those who have 20-40 posts and just want to jump on the bandwagon. You cause serious disharmony at SDN, and I would have expected that the volume of people and posts against you would have pointed this out to you.

You are not a positive influence on this message board. I have never, in this cycle, seen anyone ever say anything nice about you. That is not a few people picking on you. That is a full community that dislikes your attitude and your threads. Fix whatever you are doing to make everyone mad before they kick you out of here.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey christian15213, wanna make out? stupidity turns me on...

omg. this thread itself has turned into an episode of family guy.

so confused . . .

The subject of this thread is one of the reasons why URM focused premed sites were formed. :thumbup: On other sites you can talk about anything without being assumed to be stupid and unqualified. Perhaps it's time for you to take a trip, literally speaking, to the "dark side"!!
;)

I am actually happy this thread turned out the way it did... Over 60% of the people recognize that threads are purposely derailed...

So now that you have confirmed that people derail you on purpose (which any numnut on this forum could have just told you), I suggest you ponder WHY. And if you want an answer, many, many people on your threads have given you legitimate reasons - I'm not talking about the ones that outright flame you or insult you, I'm talking about those that address your attitude and the content/tone of your posts and threads.

So now that you have confirmed that people derail you on purpose (which any numnut on this forum could have just told you), I suggest you ponder WHY. And if you want an answer, many, many people on your threads have given you legitimate reasons - I'm not talking about the ones that outright flame you or insult you, I'm talking about those that address your attitude and the content/tone of your posts and threads.

See Eternal youthink you're funny... others DON"T GET IT

Yes, and they do it on purpose and is IMO viewed as racist and or insensitive

You are not a positive influence on this message board. I have never, in this cycle, seen anyone ever say anything nice about you. That is not a few people picking on you. That is a full community that dislikes your attitude and your threads. Fix whatever you are doing to make everyone mad before they kick you out of here.
SDN is plenty full of buttholes but I NEVER see folks come down so hard as when the person with the unpopular viewpoint is a MINORITY. Well dam, I wonder why? :confused:

SDN is plenty full of buttholes but I NEVER see folks come down so hard as when the person with the unpopular viewpoint is a MINORITY. Well dam, I wonder why? :confused:
actually, "we come down so hard" on christian15213 because he is an idiot, not because he is a minority....unless you count stupid people as a minority. in which case, yes, he's in the minority.

See Eternal youthink you're funny... others DON"T GET IT

Yes, and they do it on purpose and is IMO viewed as racist and or insensitive

they're racist for not taking seriously your unreasoned opinions?

oh wait, this is just another unreasoned opinion. never mind.

they're racist for not taking seriously your unreasoned opinions?

oh wait, this is just another unreasoned opinion. never mind.

What are you talking about that doesn't even make sense?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you talking about that doesn't even make sense?
i guess one of the only good parts about being stupid is that you don't realize how stupid you actually are... because i think if you actually realized your immense stupidity, you would kill yourself. at least that's the way i play it out in my mind.

actually, "we come down so hard" on christian15213 because he is an idiot, not because he is a minority....unless you count stupid people as a minority. in which case, yes, he's in the minority.
Having been called an idiot myself MANY, MANY times simply because I raise issues and concerns most folks are too chicken **** to talk about hardly qualifies as justification for calling a person an idiot. If idioticy were a crime, then I imagine most of SDN would be UNDER the jailhouse!

The thing that most reeks of shortcomings in unmentionable areas, is this idea that someone gets called an idiot or whatever and the whole entire SDN forum feels the need too jump on the bandwagon and insult the person too. It's kinda like ONLY fighting when you have "backup" because you're afraid you'll get your A$$ kicked. Why not take the high road and handle it by PM, mano y mano?:confused:

How about we all hold hands and sing "we shall overcome some day":idea: .:smuggrin:

how racist and phsycho can one be?:thumbdown:
Well, apparently in addition to others calling your intelligence into question......I think you've given us due reason to doubt your ability to grasp the concept of sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Could we have a new Genetics?
I'm not naming any names here: I have no backbone for that...but I wonder.
Is it against TOS to refer to non-members? DKM, you memorized the TOS, help me out here.

Could we have a new Genetics?
I'm not naming any names here: I have no backbone for that...but I wonder.
Is it against TOS to refer to non-members? DKM, you memorized the TOS, help me out here.

I don't have it memorized, but I think I have been violated for every one of the rules at least once. :laugh: I don't think you will get in trouble for mentioning a banned troll.

It's so much fun to watch someone do something they probably shouldn't have and then pay for it:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r09NI5Ofk10[/YOUTUBE]

The thing that most reeks of shortcomings in unmentionable areas, is this idea that someone gets called an idiot or whatever and the whole entire SDN forum feels the need too jump on the bandwagon and insult the person too. It's kinda like ONLY fighting when you have "backup" because you're afraid you'll get your A$$ kicked. Why not take the high road and handle it by PM, mano y mano?:confused:

It's not a bandwagon thing, and it's not isolated to this thread. Even mods and advisors have had to reel in the OP from time to time. He makes threads that are very inflammatory and his attitude is horrible.

I really really hate to do this christian, because from time to time you do have a good point, but you seem to ignore all these posts that keep begging you to stop making these threads and fix your attitude, I am going to make one last attempt to drive the point home.

And mods, I bet I will get an infraction for this, but keep in mind, several of you are quoted in here, and I haven't even quoted his responses to these, they are filled with insults and personal attacks. Despite pleadings from the forum community, you have done nothing to resolve the disharmony that OP causes on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.

Here's a list of complaints against the OP, or his threads, over the last 8 months. It took only about 10 minutes to compile, just do a search of his posts and then click on the threads to see. I haven't included his responses, because they were all personal attacks and insults and there was no need to quote pages of that:

MirrorTodd said:
Dude, just let it go. These threads always head nowhere, no matter how sincere the original poster is. You've been here for ~7 months now and haven't figured that out yet?

Melissainsd said:
Edit: Stupid thread, sorry I posted in the first place.

Riceman04 said:
pointless!!!!!!!

Vvandenn said:
Are you 12 years old or something?

Pancho Villa said:
are you ****ing ******ed?

John Madden said:
I haven't read all the posts, but the thread title is asinine.

What is 100% African American?

Metatemujin said:
Christian:

I have read so many of your posts, and all of them are frustrating for their general themes of incoherency, self-serving, personal entitlement, prejudices, being wronged by society/people, and other annoying things.

Eric Lindros said:
lol how has this kid not been banned yet?

Pancho Villa said:
so once again you try to make it seem that you've had it harder than anyone else, like you're more deserving of the "respect" and whatnot that you mentioned in your other threads.

Good Doctor said:
Your second post contradicts your first post.

xylem29 said:
Anyway - I think the next generation of physicians need to be humble and pragmatic in their outlook. Glamorizing and idealizing medicine, the way you are with this post - it is frightening to think that you will be a physician one day.

naijagurl said:
Do u have to start soooooooooo many threads?

naijagurl said:
Dude, seriously sometimes u gotta think for yourself rather than seek an opinion on every single issue in life. As a doctor u need to be decisive, assertive and confident of your decision among other things.

Pancho Villa said:
again you are proving that you have a huge ego and are pursuing this profession simply to inflate it even more.
and to elaborate on my comment, i myself go to FIU and see tools like you every day in all of my classes. tools like you seem to do everything possible to make sure everyone around you KNOWS that you are pre-med. tools like you wear scrubs to class for no apparent reason. tools like you carry your MCAT books around just to make sure people can see them, even if you're not going to study them. tools like you start numerous threads about the money, prestige, and ego involved in the medical profession and then say you are doing it to "help people."
i could go on, but i get the feeling that no matter what i say, your ego will remain inflated, you will continue to make absurd threads, and you will continue to contradict yourself in them.
i wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors.

gotmeds? said:
To the OP: Sersiously, are you even reading any of what you post or is it all just some sort of stream-of-consciousness pre-med doctor worship? "Could there possibly be anything more noble, more grand, more honorable than what I have chosen as my future profession?"

Give me a break.

Bobcat 05 said:
If you want to be taken seriously, it might not hurt to learn some grammar.

Pancho Villa said:
seriously, what the **** does this mean? if you're going to criticize, please do so in english so that we can understand what the **** you're trying to say.
besides the fact that you've written another statement that makes no sense, why are you assuming that anyone would even want to work for your dumb ass?
i don't think it's your place to tell anyone anywhere what to do. oh, my bad, i forgot that you're the only one that's worked hard enough to become a doctor because you "know it in your heart" that it's what you want to do.
jesus christ, man. you make no ****ing sense, so do yourself a favor and shut the **** up.

Tired said:
Just a head's up: Six months from now, when you start the thread titled "22N on MCAT, should i retake?", I'm going to make so much fun of you.

MattD said:
"who cares who you are with..."? WTF does that even mean? You do realize that 'man crush' is an expression meaning you think that person is cool, not some sort of sexual or romantic inclination.... right? It's not exactly an obscure saying.
Nope, didn't know you responded to messages on your PDA. Don't understand WHY one would go that route, but hey, different strokes and all that. I can understand the IM abbreviations in that case, but regardless of that your posts tend to be pretty disjointed grammatically, they read like those stream of consciousness exercises we had to do in high school. Very hard to interpret. Is English your second language by chance?

lilnoelle said:
Except your Opening post was inflammatory. You were putting down a large number of people.

Quantum Mechanic said:
exactly, the OP made a ludicrous statement

QofQuimica said:
christian,

You need to chill. If you want to go into medicine for the money, more power to you. But please stop creating these threads. Closing.

geogil said:
what a poor attempt at a troll. The MD $$ issue has been beaten to death on this forum over the last few weeks. IF you're genuinely curious about CRNA's and MD anesthesiologists, why don't you go to Gasforums.net, the anesthesia site on SDN?

PZMO said:
What is your point? Why would you post something just to "let the responses begin," as you put it; aka annoy the **** out of everyone?
This is the same toolbag that started that thread about a professor being "racist" because he didn't get to work in his lab... and posted the professor's email address.
Don't you have anything better to do?

notdeadyet said:
Nah. These troll-y threads have been done to death...

xylem29 said:
Seriously - this dude is weird, I can't believe he's going to become a physician one day...lol.

bretticus said:
This is hilarious. Obviously the OP does not understand how capitalism works.

TheProwler said:
I hope I never have to work with someone like you.....

Phil Anthropist said:
christian15213,

You mentioned that you would like to have a "meaningful debate," but your original post is both inflammatory and demeaning to many healthcare professionals.

Threads like this are NOT appropriate for SDN. Refrain from making similar threads and inflammatory remarks in the future.

Metatemujin said:
How can you use such an obviously skewed source in order to provide data to substantiate claims that should have been obviously wrong?

Pinkertinkle said:
Sorry Christian but your credibility is in pieces on the floor of this thread.

Eric Lindros said:
Guys I know it's Christmas and everything but trolls don't need to be fed anymore

maestro1625 said:
in all honestly, the inability of a certain poster on this thread to critically evaluate information presented to him is kinda sad/scary.

hp540 said:
I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but there's something in how you write and what you write and decide to share that puts me a little off. You seem like a weirdo to me.

sweet2th said:

NRAI2001 said:
Maybe its the fact that hes 27 and he still acts like a 19 year old premed.

Premed isnt that hard christian at any school......get over yourself.

paranoid_eyes said:
btw, your long, drawn-out, detailed post makes you sound kinda girly.

CptCrunch said:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dr.Josh said:
You sound just a tiny bit arrogant.

Missterious1 said:
No, christian, eternalrage is actually CORRECT. Your posts generally do not make any sense whatsoever, and after seeing those AA posts, I thought you were a troll... that is, until I saw you put up your myspace (or was it xanga?) page.

Kardizzle said:
I remember you. You're the monkey who busted a nut in his pants after watching cardiac surgery, and then busted the other nut when the surgeon yelled at everyone else in the OR.
Stop thinking your f**king godly because you're good at orgo. You're not a TA because you care--you're TA so you can laugh at people who struggle with the material and reinforce your beliefs that your orgo prowess makes you godly.
Why? Because you act like if you can't cut it in orgo, you can't cut it in med school. You're not even in med school, how would you know? You thrive on belittling others.
Who are you to claim that premeds who aren't good at orgo think they can get into med school by their looks and personality. Let me tell you something: you don't get into med school based on your orgo grade. And you definitely don't get into med school based on your shi**y, elitist personality.
And based on your posts, you can't even write or communicate intelligibly. What makes you think you can laugh at people who can't do organic chemistry when you can't even write as well as a fifth grader? Bitch, you're ******ed.

ssquared said:
You need to develop some compassion if you're ever going to make the kind of physician that people want taking care of them.

MedStudentWanna said:
Just as I said to you in the Gen Chem thread, the fall from that horse of yours is going to hurt like hell.

MedStudentWanna said:
Actually, I think you're the one who needs to grow up. You have a lot to learn about life and about people because at this point, you're not med school material. Sorry, bud.

gujuDoc said:
First off, if that other thread of yours wasn't stupid enough this one is even more stupid!!!

gujuDoc said:
Agreed. This person says they are 27 years old and they come off worse then a 5 year old on here. they are rude, immature, and their posts are just down right obnoxious.
You don't know anyone's situation or anything about an applicant besides how they are doing in your class.
One or 2 c's isn't a death kill for medical school if a person can do better in the next higher level course.
It sounds like you've never been in a situation where something has happened and things have gone wrong due to other things besides lack of understanding material like going through personal problems or other such factors. Sometimes outside factors can affect a person's ability to do well in school but if they show an upward trend they'll get in. If they can't and continue to fail they won't. Leave the judgement calls to the adcoms to make rather then trying to make it for them.

notdeadyet said:
I kind of doubt that you've had any formal training as a teacher. Just a hunch. But just to let you know, calling any students above the elementary school age "kids" has been frowned upon in academic circles for years.
For a 27 year old to call his students that are for the most part only between five and eight years younger? It smacks of pretention. I'm 34 and don't refer to my students as "kids". And when your students are vying for the same admissions as you? It's really bad.

breck said:
I think that is extremely degrading. I don't know what the OP's problem is. But the point is the OP sounds really shady. God knows I had some weak TA's but at least they were responsible and accountable enough not to pin the blame on the students. I feel bad for the OP's students and think the OP needs a very serious attitude adjustment.

Kardizzle said:
And why do you think you're entitled to labelling people as non-med school material when you write and act like this: I saw HEART SURGERY TODAY CABG and I want to do CARDIO. Are you really 27? You act like a 12 year-old who just discovered free internet porn and creamed his pants.

MollyMalone said:
Honestly, most of you should know better than to feed the trolls.

Pkboi24 said:
Sorry man, I don't see the racism in this...

crazy_cavalier said:
Guess what? You made a bad impression on everyone you interacted with. You probably have an attitude problem that you aren't even aware of. I'm sorry to say that. The best thing you can do is just calm down, take it easy, and be cool.
Also, it's insanely tacky and tasteless of you to post the professor's email message on this public forum... THAT is unprofessional and disrespectful, you should remove it immediately.

djquickfingers said:
longest post ever...dont quite see the racism, but I'm not in totally convinced you need to air it all out like this...

crazy_cavalier said:
Does this make sense to anyone else?
Wow. Seriously, cry more noob.

tok said:
By the way, OP, if you're trying to get SDNers to agree with you, you're out of luck.

Nikki2002 said:
did i just get suckered by a troll? this can't be 4 real

xylem29 said:
Your last part of the paragraph sorta makes u look like a troll.

yourmom25 said:
in addition, why must you think that when you are forgotten or something bad happens to you, it must be about your race? it is rarely racism, and more often coincidence or something else about you. again, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Zoom-Zoom said:
That post has the lowest ratio of words to actual points I have ever seen. It is riddled with generalizations and justifications for your poor social skills. Of course you got rejected from a TA job that you had just undermined in front of the entire class and professor! Then, you actually demand her to "Please explain.."? Just the way you worded your emails sets people up to dislike you. Your arrogance and entitled attitude are holding you back, not your quasi-minority status.

My point is that nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you resemble a rational thought. The title of your thread is RACISM, and yet, the 1000 words you use to start it includes no examples of racism. The fact that you posted a word-for word- email from you to your professor on an online forum, including his actual name and position, is foolish and shows a serious lack of judgement. Furthermore, your generalizations about foreign med students taking people's spots is ridiculous. Do you know how hard it is to land a decent residency as a FMG? Obviously, you have no idea what you're talking about. Your descriptions about the behavior of your professors and lab directors follows suit.

yourmom25 said:
what's the point in your bitching about it now? does this change anything for you? does it change anything for anyone? no, and it never will. stop losing sleep over this and move on with your life. find a new research position.
finally, you really need to relearn punctuation and capitalization. i'm not normally a grammar nazi, but your posts literally hurt my eyes.

MDtobe! said:
Seriously, how old are you again?
If people don't want to deal with your pompous attitude, don't insult them by calling them racists.............. maybe you should take a look at yourself.
Notice that no one has agreed with you yet? Maybe that means something. It all seems to be going in one ear and out the other.

yourmom25 said:
please open your eyes to the real world. like i've said, **** happens. learning to deal with something you cannot fix will probably benefit you.

Sundarban1 said:
You're coming from the land of make-believe racism, where most of us do not spend time vacationing. Victims like you oversaturate the playing field and make it that much harder for people who actually experience racism to get justice. Minority+not getting what you want does not = racism. period.

TPROrgoTutor said:
You should not have even alluded to racism in your title, this has absolutely zero to do with it. Every time I get crapped on should I ask myself "Is this because I am German/North African Jewish?" Of course not, that would be ridiculous.

Hednej said:
This is by far the most ******ed thread on SDN. Here's this guy, whos's been bitchslapped once, and probably doesn't talk to his Italian mother anymore so he's bitching abt it on SDN. Dude, go cry alone in your room. We all have our own problems to deal with.

Hey buddy, don't feel like you're being a damn racist yourself? I find this highly offensive. So foreigners are highly packaged ? WTF? and they don't deal with racism? Buddy, I've probably seen more racism than you'll ever encounter in your life 1. becuase I'm middle-eastern 2. Because I have an accent 3. Because my skin is colored 4. My name sounds like I'm saddam hussein's cousin. SO I suggest that you think about this **** more throughly before you put it on SDN. I hope everybody gives you a good bashing here.

TPROrgoTutor said:
Before you go whining about racism and comparing yourself to foreigners and saying YOU have it worse, let me ask you a few questions...

Have you ever experienced real racism? Not the whiny **** you are talking about that everyone white, black, brown, green, or blue has encountered? Im talking about bottles being thrown at you and people asking if mommy or daddy are going to fly a plane through another building? Ever experienced that?

Ever been jumped purely based on your race? Ever seen the hatred in people's eyes purely based on your race? Been harrassed by law enforcement extensively because of it when you were entirely innocent?

Come on, the crap you are whining about like a little baby is not even close to being racism. Its pre-med hoops that everyone jumps through. If you can say yes to all of the above questions, if you can say that purely based on your race you have had bottles or fists thrown at your face, if you have been harrassed and subsequently arrested for nothing other than your race THEN YOU CAN WHINE ABOUT RACISM. THIS IS RACISM, NOT THE **** YOU ARE CRYING ABOUT. I have had the above happen to friends, several friends. After 9/11 people were coming up to my friends and spitting on them because they were brown skinned... DO NOT BELITTLE RACISM TO THE EXTENT OF COMPARING IT TO YOUR TRITE LITTLE PROBLEMS.

The ONLY thing I dislike more than racism is people attempting to play the racism card when it isnt wanrranted. Grow up.

MollyMalone said:
Dear OP,

When you put "RACISM" (in all caps, no less) in the title of your thread, and you ask for people's opinions on whether or not you experienced racism, you are clearly intentionally directing the conversation in that direction, so stop with the crap about how you didn't want the thread to go down like this. Nobody is buying it.

You're also not listening to a word anyone else has to say to you. I suspect you figured you would be getting a lot more sympathy than you have been. Instead, you've discovered that almost no one sees the situation the way you do. That must be difficult to process, and becoming defensive is a natural reaction. Unfortunately, it's not terribly helpful if you'd like to grow and take anything out of this experience.

My advice to you would be that you try to open your mind and use the responses you've received to see your difficulties in a different light. I also suggest that you request to have this thread closed, because people are just going to keep piling on you if you don't. (PM me or any other forum mod and we'd be happy to do it for you.)

spicedmanna said:
There's an old saying in psychology, "Don't try to talk reason to a 'crazy' person."

I'd say this applies in these ways:

OP, you have clearly dug your heels in. You have made your position clear; there actually is no debate.

You are clearly not open to feedback of any sort and are unwilling to entertain possibilities other than the ones you are holding onto with an iron grip. You are not interested in learning, only defending.

You are choosing to stand with one foot firmly on victim and one foot firmly on villian. This leaves pretty limited options for interacting with you which get progressively more boring as time goes on.

colbgw02 said:
christian, dude, you're really all over the place here. first it's racism (thread title), then it's not, then you can't help but wonder in the back of your mind that it is racism, then you start in on not having research opportunities, then you go into foreign-trained docs, etc, etc, etc. i'm not really sure what your point is anymore.

mmmkay121 said:
What is wrong with you? Are you serious?

rafikikoo said:
Sir, you are dumb, and are from Miami. I live in New Jersey. You are half Cuban, half Italian. It sounds like you are reaching there to try to be some minority, even reaching to be Hispanic.

HumbleMD said:
With an attitude like this, you have no business becoming a doctor. First, if evrey time you don't get what you want to whine, and then start calling others racist, you are doing a disservice to yourself and people who experience true racism on a daily basis. By overrusing the term racism, the word has almost lost all of its power, it has almost become meaningless in society today.
The largest problem I see in your post is the feeling of entitlement you have in these situations. Actually applying to medical school (you haven't even taken the MCAT yet so don't count on an above 30 - a 3.8's great, but there's always people better) will teach you that you can't count on interviews, acceptances, etc. If you go into the whole application expecting to have acceptances handed to you on a silver platter (apparently because you are half-Cuban), you are going to get a large dose of reality.

Get over yourself. **** happens. People get busy. Go pursue your goals, but don't expect everyone to bend over backwards for you, and call them racist if they don't. Have you taken the time to think maybe people don't want to work with you because of your god awful attitude, rather than your tan?

megboo said:
Oh.My.Goodness.

This thread is a +10 on the useless scale.

MasterMD said:
i bet he is.. i know some EXTREMELY immature 27-30 year olds. needless to say, i only hung out with them the day i met them and never again after that.

TheProwler said:
sounds like he's got a serious God-complex

DoctorPardi said:
I think it is hilarious, that you tell Brett that he doesn't read before he posts and is making smug comments when you apparently didn't even read my or his posts lol.

ether^O^ said:
You racist SOB, how the f*** do Asians "phenotypically" look like white people? Asians look nothing like white people, and you can EASILY distinguish between Asians and whites. The ethnic group that resembles whits the most are Latinos, because many of them don't have much (if any) native American blood.

And you're one of those people who know NOTHING about Asian American history who could take an Asian American history course at your local college and learn about the crap that we had to face in the past 200 years.

PZMO said:
whats sad is that you don't seem to exist outside of your URM status/opinions. Do you ever have anything else to say?

notdeadyet said:
Christian, of the last six threads you started in Pre-Allo, four were obvious stirring-of-the-pot controversy-for-its-own sake and three ended up getting locked. Enough, dude...

Tic said:
Oh good God man give it a rest. There have been plenty of URM threads on SDN. Those threads are successful because they're populated by genuine, well-spoken URMs like DoctaJay and gostudy. I think a lot of people on here believe you are an uneducated 35 year white man who likes to troll around here getting people riled up, but even if that were not so your writing style, grammar, sentence structure and presentation all suck, you don't contribute anything, and it's just all so boring after awhile. Use SDN as a modest informational resource, a chance to kick back and relax, or to vent a little about your professors or general life stresses. If you take it so seriously, and let things get to you, people are gonna pick up on that and give you hell. And you're gonna get banned before too much longer.

Doctor~Detroit said:
on your last thread, i and several others were pointing out faulty assumptions on your part about how urm status functions in the admissions process, and you just kept on responding that that wasn't the point of the thread. then you started calliing people racists for disagreeing with those assumptions. then after you said some really stupid stuff we pointed out that it was stupid stuff and stopped taking the thread seriously. i don't know if it's logically possible to "derail" a stupid thread.

Instatewaiter said:
dumbest thread ever.

TiredPigeon said:
OP, I have participated in a number of interesting and thought-provoking URM-related threads here on SDN. Contrary to your assertions, these threads don't always get derailed by people just looking to stir the pot. I don't agree with everything I read, of course, but I have a lot of respect for the well-thought-out opinions of a lot of the members here. Unfortunately, this group does not include you.

xylem29 said:
From the very first thread this guy has ever posted to this one - the maturity that is displayed by his threads and posts make me wonder about the guy's real identity. Because I have seen his myspace and he doesn't appear to be someone who is THAT immature and clueless...but on here, holy smokes, I'm suprised he actually attends university.

spicedmanna said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, I don't want to make slams about a member's character, but I think the OP sometimes makes no sense to me, per my own observations. I'm not sure whether this is intentional, or not. In any case, it's probably irrelevant and not worth placing too much energy on. There's no point in dwelling over cyberspace arguments and personas when there are real issues to attend to. *shrug*

baylormed said:
This OP has a long history of making threads (many, many of them) that make no sense and are usually about AA, URMs, or other controversial topics.

He said somewhere else that he's 26, but to tell you the truth either he's a very immature 26-year old (come on, his writing skills are awful and nothing he writes makes any sense, no punctuation marks, no capitalization, not even a thread of logic) or he's lying about his identity. Either way, it's annoying.

EmbellisMaVie said:
But whatever. What I really meant to talk about in this post was that I'm shocked no one's commented on the atrocious grammar in that poll up there. I'm not even sure how to answer appropriately without cringing.

ndteej said:
christian, it's alarming that some day you might become a doctor.

Eric Lindros said:
christian is still an active member . I have lost all faith in sdn and whoever runs it.

A handful at the end are from this thread. Sorry for the repost. And although a couple names do resurface more than others - like Pancho Villa and xylem29 - there are complaints from a wide variety of SDN members.

Including various mods and advisors. I believe MollyMalone, QofQuimica, and even Phil Anthropist himself are in there somewhere.

As its been stated before ... threads that degenerate like this one has will be closed. I'm closing it.

To those who might not agree with the OP (and to the OP) please note the ignore function that you can ignore certain users if you are "sick of their posts". We don't need flame wars on SDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.