Why aren't any schools contacting me??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ree123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've applied to about 15 schools and I've barely heard back from any of them. I feel like I'm a fairly competitive applicant (non-trad, cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.97, 20AA/21TS/20PAT). I submitted on August 10th, took my DAT Sept 14th and sent in all of my application fees and LORs in September. I got one interview offer from Nova back in the beginning of October, but other than that I've barely heard a peep out of all of the other schools I applied to. What's going on? Anyone else in the same boat as me? Am I just being unreasonably impatient or I should I start contacting schools to check on the status of my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's all about rolling admissions that d-schools have (don't know if all of them do that). That's why they probably say - apply ASAP.
Don't worry, you have great stats.
Good luck.

cGPA of 3.3 and sci of 3.97? hmmm

Members don't see this ad :)
like i said, i'm non-trad. i graduated with a degree in art several years ago and didn't take any science classes at the college level at the time. i wasn't very concerned with grades back then since i never thought i would be in this position. i went back to school about 2 years ago to do my dental pre-reqs and since then have been taking 16 credits of science classes each semester (and have been totally working my butt off to keep my grades up). that's where the huge discrepancy in my gpa's comes from.

You don't need 15 interviews, just 1 acceptance. Maybe Nova is the 1!

well you applied very late.

You will get more interviews and most likely an acceptance, but don't expect to hear from school until they've figured out there first groups on Dec 1st.

Could it be that you may have missed a class or two, or some other pre-req? Maybe just call schools to make sure your app is complete. That happened to me at a few schools...they didn't count one of my letters of rec as a science rec. and I had to contact them to explain my situation.

So I've applied to about 15 schools and I've barely heard back from any of them. I feel like I'm a fairly competitive applicant (non-trad, cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.97, 20AA/21TS/20PAT). I submitted on August 10th, took my DAT Sept 14th and sent in all of my application fees and LORs in September. I got one interview offer from Nova back in the beginning of October, but other than that I've barely heard a peep out of all of the other schools I applied to. What's going on? Anyone else in the same boat as me? Am I just being unreasonably impatient or I should I start contacting schools to check on the status of my application?

all it takes is one

how did you like Nova, i really liked it...so warm

This has been a long process! We need to be patient...I was interviewed at NYU and USC and even there were originally my back-ups but now I will be more than happy to get admission and start dental school at either NYU or USC! I feel every year it gets harder and harder. You should be happy that at least you have received one interview at Nova!

You applied quite late and your DAT wasn't complete until even later. You'll definitely get more interviews but a lot of schools aren't offering their January and February interviews until after they send out Dec. 1st offers. Pre-December interviews were offered in August and early September so you just missed that batch. Don't fret that you don't have pre-December interviews. If your application was in earlier you would have had more interviews by now. You'll definitely be interviewing next semester with your stats.

Could it be that you may have missed a class or two, or some other pre-req? Maybe just call schools to make sure your app is complete. That happened to me at a few schools...they didn't count one of my letters of rec as a science rec. and I had to contact them to explain my situation.

May I ask what your situation was? And how you convinced them to accept a non-science LOR?

thanks

very very late application... very late... you'll get plenty of interviews in January and February I would bet, so be patient. Schools were looking for your application in June lol, and since you made them wait a few more months, they're going to make you wait for a few more months..

all it takes is one

how did you like Nova, i really liked it...so warm

I still haven't been to Nova yet, my interview is in January. I can't wait, though I hear the school is really really nice!

i took my DAT about a month before you and some of the schools haven't gotten back to me... you're in for a wait cause the time it takes for the adcom to look at your app gets longer and longer as the cycle goes on cause the apps pile up in their office..