Why can't I add some medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morgMD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the AMCAS 2021 application cycle and am unable to add a few schools which are not in my list. They appear grey, like if I had already added them to my list. l know that they're still able to be submitted for the next 6 months. Anyone else running into this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for the AMCAS 2021 application cycle and am unable to add a few schools which are not in my list. They appear grey, like if I had already added them to my list. l know that they're still able to be submitted for the next 6 months. Anyone else running into this problem?
If you are a re-applicant, be sure you are logged in to the 2021 application, not the 2020 application.
If not a re-applicant, message AMCAS directly for help.

Reactions: 1 users

I am in the same situation, not a re-applicant either. I changed my school list multiple times and the ones that are greyed out now are ones I had previously added to my list, then deleted. Is this what is happening to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
if you've made sure you're logged into the 2021 cycle, you might be talking about some schools that have restricted their applicants to residents of their states, i.e. ECU for NC residents or Mercer for GA residents?

Reactions: 1 user
It sounds like you are logged into the AMCAS 2020 cycle. You need to log in the AMCAS 2021

View attachment 307294

Just double-checked, I'm logged into 2021...@fakepremed1234 I think that's probably it. I thought I had added before some of the schools that are greyed out now, but I must be mistaken.

Reactions: 1 user