• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Why can't I add some medical schools?

morgMD

Apr 17, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I am applying for the AMCAS 2021 application cycle and am unable to add a few schools which are not in my list. They appear grey, like if I had already added them to my list. l know that they're still able to be submitted for the next 6 months. Anyone else running into this problem?

wysdoc

Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
The Lone Star State
  1. Attending Physician
I am applying for the AMCAS 2021 application cycle and am unable to add a few schools which are not in my list. They appear grey, like if I had already added them to my list. l know that they're still able to be submitted for the next 6 months. Anyone else running into this problem?
If you are a re-applicant, be sure you are logged in to the 2021 application, not the 2020 application.
If not a re-applicant, message AMCAS directly for help.

Reactions: 1 users

XyZ1000

2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2016

I am in the same situation, not a re-applicant either. I changed my school list multiple times and the ones that are greyed out now are ones I had previously added to my list, then deleted. Is this what is happening to you?

About the Ads

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I am in the same situation, not a re-applicant either. I changed my school list multiple times and the ones that are greyed out now are ones I had previously added to my list, then deleted. Is this what is happening to you?
It sounds like you are logged into the AMCAS 2020 cycle. You need to log in the AMCAS 2021

1590243512742.png

fakepremed1234

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2018
if you've made sure you're logged into the 2021 cycle, you might be talking about some schools that have restricted their applicants to residents of their states, i.e. ECU for NC residents or Mercer for GA residents?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.