Why do people hate Trump?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We had a thread for Obama so it seemed only right to have one for Trump.

Is it because he is orange? Shouldn't we be past that sort of stereotype in 2017?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
It's because he ran as a Republican. If he was a Democrat, then Hollywood actors, urbanites, and the coastal elites would be all over him:

The Clinton Double Standard

Edit: This article does a good job of dismantling the double standard that liberals/the left/progressives have about sexual assault. They are only opposed to it if their opponents are accused/guilty of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
We had a thread for Obama so it seemed only right to have one for Trump.

Is it because he is orange? Shouldn't we be past that sort of stereotype in 2017?

I think he is unfit for office because of his lack of knowledge. He seems to be more concerned about the Trump brand than the nation. He also appointed a lot of people who are unfit for the job ie Ben Carson or too greedy ie Goldman Sachs cronies. He didn’t even care enough to take a stand on a viable health care or tax plan.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, because he is a "republican" who isn't owned/bought therefore has some of the WORST and most critical news coverage. And in 2017 people don't look into things very far. Most peoples beliefs were adopted by osmosis. It's really sad.

Donald Trump isn't the ultra-conservative most of his voters think he is. That's why I voted for him.

It's because he ran as a Republican. If he was a Democrat, then Hollywood actors, urbanites, and the coastal elites would be all over him:

The Clinton Double Standard

Edit: This article does a good job of dismantling the double standard that liberals/the left/progressives have about sexual assault. They are only opposed to it if their opponents are accused/guilty of it.

This article is BS. Double standards exist all over the political spectrum not just the left. The way the right handles Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, newt Gingrich, Donald Trump sexual assault charges vs the charges of Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein show a clear double standard on the right too

I think he is unfit for office because of his lack of knowledge. He seems to be more concerned about the Trump brand than the nation. He also appointed a lot of people who are unfit for the job ie Ben Carson or too greedy ie Goldman Sachs cronies. He didn’t even care enough to take a stand on a viable health care or tax plan.
Which is the same exact thing they said about W. But W dragged this country into a unjust war based on false premises. Which is sad since the Left is under some kind of amnesia that makes them believe that W was a better president than Trump.

Yes, because he is a "republican" who isn't owned/bought therefore has some of the WORST and most critical news coverage. And in 2017 people don't look into things very far. Most peoples beliefs were adopted by osmosis. It's really sad.

Donald Trump isn't the ultra-conservative most of his voters think he is. That's why I voted for him.

He is def owned and bought by the Mercer family...what are you talking about?? You think trump specifically picked out which regulations to roll back or was it the people that bought him??

Secondly, You don’t have to look far to see that trump doesn’t have much knowledge on the economics, trade or foreign policy.

Also, I think the mainstream news is garbage and trump uses that to his advantage. That’s why he always says something stupid so attention is diverted away from is failures. You can’t tell me this guy is competent to lead when you listen to his last to incoherent interviews.

No one knows where trumps true politics lie because he doesn’t have enough knowledge to take a political stance. That’s why he is always flip flopping and contradicting himself on a wide variety of issues ie trade, taxes, immigration and foreign policy.

And even if trump isn’t ultra conservative, his appointees def are... ieSupreme Court justice, sessions...and that’s what you voted for

Reactions: 1 users
Which is the same exact thing they said about W. But W dragged this country into a unjust war based on false premises. Which is sad since the Left is under some kind of amnesia that makes them believe that W was a better president than Trump.
Love how people easily generalize the left but never generalize the right the same way. What percentage of the left is under that kind of amnesia??? I think people are hypercritical of the left yet give the failed polices and rhetoric of the right a pass

This article is BS. Double standards exist all over the political spectrum not just the left. The way the right handles Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, newt Gingrich, Donald Trump sexual assault charges vs the charges of Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein show a clear double standard on the right too
That's exactly my point! Clinton gets off only because he's on the same side as the hollywood and media elite (except Fox News).

Trump got off because he was on the opposite side of Clinton. When the "Grab 'em by the P#$%" tapes came out, no one batted an eye except for the hyperbolic news media. The voters on the Left already hated him, so they didn't really need any more motivation to vote against him. The voters on the Right justified voting for Trump because they were aware of (Bill) Clinton's past sexual accusations and because of Hillary's boneheaded decision to keep Huma and her pervert Husband around.

Yes, double standards exist on both sides. But it also explains why the Right doesn't care about the Left losing their collective minds over Trump. Its hard for people to buy into your holier-than-thou attitude when your candidate is associated with the same wrongdoings that you make against your enemy.

Last edited:
Anyone in politics represent the lobbyists and interest groups that fund them. to like or hate by a commoner is irrelevant. Trump though is the lesser evil. Hillary will only do what Obama has done, what Clinton and Bush has done, and that's more wasteful spending and greater misuse of taxpayers dollars. at least with Trump he is a bit more conscious of spending. at minimal, his bloated salary are given to charity or state parks etc. at best, he's actually tackling the opioid crisis.

Anyone in politics represent the lobbyists and interest groups that fund them. to like or hate by a commoner is irrelevant. Trump though is the lesser evil. Hillary will only do what Obama has done, what Clinton and Bush has done, and that's more wasteful spending and greater misuse of taxpayers dollars. at least with Trump he is a bit more conscious of spending. at minimal, his bloated salary are given to charity or state parks etc. at best, he's actually tackling the opioid crisis.

"at least with Trump he is a bit more conscious of spending. at minimal"

Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s because he’s a joke and an embarrassment. That’s really all.

Reactions: 11 users

Yes, opioid crisis has been declared a big problem. No funds or ideas to fight it just sound bites to get some more personal much needed attention. what is his plan for opioid crisis?
You know the thing that most amazes me is people all listen to the sound bites, the Rambo talk of what he is going to do but never bother to read or research anything. Just listen to the sound bites. I think the majority of his voters have no idea about much of anything unless it is written on the bottom of their beer glass. Just Rambo talk. Pumps them up , makes them feel powerful in their meaningless lives.

The tax reform. wait and see how much it saves you. If they reduce the 401k amount that you can put away everyone here will be f'ed. The new pharms all have it figured out how much they will have in their 401k retirement fund and will be able to retire early. May have to make a new plan. there are no pensions in this country anymore, or very few. See how rich you will be when your 65 with a much reduced 401k. Without a doubt the rich will be richer and the rest of us? Read and see who is going to benefit. Bet it is not going to be you.

I really think if everyone would send him comic books an crayons he wouldn't be tweeting all the time with comments that sound so immature and foolish. Coloring contest every news contest. reporters could vote. trump would always win since they are all his entries. His would be the best.

The Russians are probably very proud of helping to elect him. Probably laugh every day.

Utah's Bears ear reserve is going to be shrunk in size. Could it be there are oil sands there that special interests want to profit from? Oh yea, Drain the Swamp. I forgot

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Some people getting triggered in here already... does SDN have a safe space to support this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Some people getting triggered in here already... does SDN have a safe space to support this thread?

Trumptard logic: when people answer a question about why they don't like trump....say they are triggered and don't try to refute any of the criticism because you can't...lol

I think a lot of it has to do with very blunt and unprofessional talk. Then again, this is also the reason why his supporters love him because he talks more like the average person and is not scripted.

Trumptard logic: when people answer a question about why they don't like trump....say they are triggered and don't try to refute any of the criticism because you can't...lol

Just stirring the pot, relax bud.

I LOVE TRUMP....he's doing exactly what an American should do....doesn't give a sh$$ about what to say as long as it's making sense.

The problem is simple, people feel they have to pick a side and if it's not theirs they are going to complain nonstop about them. Even though Trump is a complete idiot, he has people telling him what to do so he can't make serious mistakes himself plus Congress wouldn't pass it (see health reform).

Also like someone above said, everyone forgets about all the bad things their side has done. We should honestly get rid of all parties but then no one would know what to think.

Without 401k, I'll pay $6714 upfront in taxes ((28+9.3%) x $18k) every yr. You will get $11,286 after tax money to taxable account. Deferred retirement money will be less but I will have even larger balance on after tax money (what I have now 3x more than my 401k balance), it's not a big deal really...

The poor sod who can't control spending & think he makes more now will be broke. But, the disciplined individuals will be just fine.

I do think trump is unfit to run the country. He has no knowledge, tact, skills, political prowess, business acumen at all. I equate him to old people who is too dumb and too stubborn to learn more about a subject to better himself. He seems to think he is always right, even tho it's proven wrong again and again.

Last edited:
He is a loose cannon & reckless with foreign relations & at times teetering a bit too close to war. Although his non scripted communications may be acceptable or even praised by your average person, this communication approach is not acceptable when dealing with foreign relations (he needs to think more carefully/wisely about what he says without an attitude).

He is a loose cannon & reckless with foreign relations & at times teetering a bit too close to war. Although his non scripted communications may be acceptable or even praised by your average person, this communication approach is not acceptable when dealing with foreign relations (he needs to think more carefully/wisely about what he says without an attitude).

I have never been politically oriented. Doesn't matter which party is in power there are going to be some things you don't like. There are pharms on here that are knowledgeable about mental health care and mental illness. Can you honestly say he is mentally stable? Think about the things he has done and said. Its like he is in a reality show. Worried about how many tweets or his tv ratings. You really think this is normal for a president? Telling the Park Service to prove his inaugural crowd was the largest ever? A president just elected that ordered them to prove it was true? The list goes on. Doesn't matter what party he would be a member of he is not mentally stable. Yet people love that Rambo talk because I am not sure they can't read to verify anything he says. Really sad.

Without 401k, I'll pay $6714 upfront in taxes ((28+9.3%) x $18k) every yr. You will get $11,286 after tax money to taxable account. Deferred retirement money will be less but I will have even larger balance on after tax money (what I have now 3x more than my 401k balance), it's not a big deal really...

The poor sod who can't control spending & think he makes more now will be broke. But, the disciplined individuals will be just fine.

I do think trump is unfit to run the country. He has no knowledge, tact, skills, political prowess, business acumen at all. I equate him to old people who is too dumb and too stubborn to learn more about a subject to better himself. He seems to think he is always right, even tho it's proven wrong again and again.

You know every new grad has a plan to be financially independent and be very successful. Sometimes it works but sometimes life takes unexpected turns. Marriage, house, kids etc. Terminal illness of a loved one or yourself. Your path is going to have a few rocks and twists and turns. Wont be as easy as pen, paper and imaginary calculations. Always looks great on paper but time will tell

I LOVE TRUMP....he's doing exactly what an American should do....doesn't give a sh$$ about what to say as long as it's making sense.

Hmm, what percentage of what he says "makes sense"?

I dislike Trump because he's crass and I honestly don't think he's very intelligent personally.

For the record though, I disliked Hillary and Obama more. Voted for neither in the election.

1. He is a serial prevaricator
  2. He lacks the basic knowledge of the information required to be President
  3. He is without class or dignity.
  4. He lacks the temperament to be President.
  5. He is demagogue and a narcissist.
In 1999, Christopher Buckley, the son of William F Buckley, wrote Trump's Inaugural Address:

Reactions: 7 users
Some of the things he does like have stupid unnecessary twitter feuds has people hating him. However, I do know lots of friends that hate everything he does, even if it was good or would be praising it if Obama did it. I really hate how politics has become tribal team cheering for your side no matter what. We should definitely have more than 2 parties.

Can we have a "Why do people hate Hillary" thread next?

Start it on up. May as well.

I'd vote that mods create a political subsection within the pharmacy forum first... rather than having 4 of the top threads be about politics.

At least people could then avoid them if they so pleased.

I'd vote that mods create a political subsection within the pharmacy forum first... rather than having 4 of the top threads be about politics.

At least people could then avoid them if they so pleased.

You could just not click on them. If the mere existence of them troubles you, then you have issues.

You could just not click on them. If the mere existence of them troubles you, then you have issues.

To the contrary, I actually enjoy reading through them and listening to different viewpoints. I'd just like to see a more organized fashion, I guess. I think it would increase the number of political threads if they had their own designated section...and that would be something that I'd enjoy. Just my two cents though.

Sorry to derail this current thread, continue on.

I love Trump so much that I would vote for him again and again. He should be our only president time after time. He speaks his mind and doesn't give a f*,,k about how others think. To be honest, I don't really care about being presidential. For what? Speak your mind and do it. People call him a racist......but they are actually the racists themselves. Racism is always there no matter what. At least he's being honest to his thoughts and not going around b**** with beautiful speeches...just love the guy .

I wouldn't be surprised if he's re-elected again . Americans are not stupid as you think.. All of my friends who are MD and PharmDs love Trump.....We need to build the wall, seriously. Too many freeloaders in this country and it doesn't make sense when I pay a crap load of tax for feeding these lazy free loaders...

To the contrary, I actually enjoy reading through them and listening to different viewpoints. I'd just like to see a more organized fashion, I guess. I think it would increase the number of political threads if they had their own designated section...and that would be something that I'd enjoy. Just my two cents though.

Sorry to derail this current thread, continue on.

We actually have a whole forum dedicated for politics and I really should send all the political threads there...but I am not a very good moderator so I leave them here instead. Besides, I think it is fun to talk about something besides the job market every now and then.

I wouldn't personally start a Hilary thread since she lost it seems in somewhat poor taste to me to dwell on that, but if someone else started it and it didn't get out of hand (TOS violations I mean) I wouldn't shut it down. So go for it if you are so inclined!

Reactions: 2 users
We actually have a whole forum dedicated for politics and I really should send all the political threads there...but I am not a very good moderator so I leave them here instead. Besides, I think it is fun to talk about something besides the job market every now and then.

I wouldn't personally start a Hilary thread since she lost it seems in somewhat poor taste to me to dwell on that, but if someone else started it and it didn't get out of hand (TOS violations I mean) I wouldn't shut it down. So go for it if you are so inclined!

No offense to dems, but dwelling on it seems to be pretty commonplace... I don’t think anyone can deny that. Hell...she even wrote a book about it. I hope I’m not poking the bear too much... just playing devils advocate and stirring the pot.

It’s more interesting to see the perspectives of pharmacists regarding politics, rather than all of healthcare. That’s why I don’t venture to the main politics section. It would be cool to have our own section for it. Make it happen supreme modship!

eL4DxSF.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if he's re-elected again . Americans are not stupid as you think.. All of my friends who are MD and PharmDs love Trump.....We need to build the wall, seriously. Too many freeloaders in this country and it doesn't make sense when I pay crap load of tax for feeding these lazy free loaders...

That wall will do absolutely nothing. If someone wants to cross the border, they will cross it. It's not like they just drive through, they literally risk their lives to get here. They're willing to die just to get here, no wall, no border will deter someone that desperate. Just like banning guns won't stop people from killing.

*sigh* We could actually make money by enforcing the laws we already have (that goes ignored) against hiring illegals. We could raise the fines for those companies. Who would come over here if they couldn't get hired? That would make so much more sense than a dumb billion dollar wall.....

That wall will do absolutely nothing. If someone wants to cross the border, they will cross it. It's not like they just drive through, they literally risk their lives to get here. They're willing to die just to get here, no wall, no border will deter someone that desperate. Just like banning guns won't stop people from killing.

*sigh* We could actually make money by enforcing the laws we already have (that goes ignored) against hiring illegals. We could raise the fines for those companies. Who would come over here if they couldn't get hired? That would make so much more sense than a dumb billion dollar wall.....

The wall may help with drug and human trafficking, but I agree that it won't cut illegal immigration out as many people here came in legally and now work/over stay their visas. We do need to enforce actions against employers that hire illegals and have swift mass deportations of current illegals though in my opinion.

One last issue with Trump that I neglected to mention: he’s not only ignorant, but proudly ignorant. It is painfully obvious he is completely in over his head.

Reactions: 5 users
No offense to dems, but dwelling on it seems to be pretty commonplace... I don’t think anyone can deny that. Hell...she even wrote a book about it. I hope I’m not poking the bear too much... just playing devils advocate and stirring the pot.

It’s more interesting to see the perspectives of pharmacists regarding politics, rather than all of healthcare. That’s why I don’t venture to the main politics section. It would be cool to have our own section for it. Make it happen supreme modship!

I haven't read Hilary's book but I did read Sarah Palin's after McCain's failure to get elected. I actually liked it. I have only heard bad reviews of Hilary's book so I think I am going to skip it.

People hate Trump because they hate themselves, the country, or have been brainwashed by the media who spreads misinformation. He's been a great President so far, just wish he would cool it a bit on twitter.

People hate Trump because they hate themselves, the country, or have been brainwashed by the media who spreads misinformation. He's been a great President so far, just wish he would cool it a bit on twitter.

Just curious what he has done so far that makes him a great president?

Reactions: 5 users
Unfortunately the world we live in is too sensitive now.

I've yet to be offended by him. I may not agree with things he has done or said but he actually hasn't done a bad job. He's trying to improve the economy, Congress just won't let him.

Last edited:
He is embarrassing us on an international level and reinforcing the stereotype of Americans as spoiled, ignorant, self-entitled children.

Reactions: 4 users