Why do pre-meds ask so many stupid questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes
i actually looked up genetic counselor in wikipedia because i forgot what they did
now i want those precious few seconds of my life back

Lol, funny, not! When you are working a 30 hour shift you can feel free to call me when I'm sleeping at 2am while you are treating a person that got drunk in the bar that night when all you want to is be sleeping.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I think we could get along just fine without them. Of course, then we would actually have to talk to our patients more, and that always sucks.

Physicians are not trained to interpret genetic tests results. It would be interesting seeing you make a diagnosis that you are confident in (being any common genetic condition) with only symptoms and observation to go by, and then ordering a genetic test done for confirmation and then the test comes back and you have no idea what any of this information means. So you have a genetics expert look over the results and can interpret the results in a second (the test is negative). So the genetics expert says back: do you know how to explain to the patient that the test is negative when you don't even know how to read the results and when you are already 1 hour behind in your appointment schedules for the day, or do you want me to pay a visit to the patient and explain the results and the condition to them and what can take place next.

Obviously you don't respect other health care professionals (not meaning myself, but those who are health care professionals already). Don't bother coming back say you do respect others in the health care field when we already know the truth.

As far as it goes with DropkickMurphy and myself, I already spoke my mind to him in pm. I'm professional in my manner and have moved on. I am doing the same with you as well. I could call you any name under the sun, but I am a respectful person and will not step that low.

Physicians are not trained to interpret genetic tests results. It would be interesting seeing you make a diagnosis that you are confident in (being any common genetic condition) with only symptoms and observation to go by, and then ordering a genetic test done for confirmation and then the test comes back and you have no idea what any of this information means. So you have a genetics expert look over the results and can interpret the results in a second (the test is negative). So the genetics expert says back: do you know how to explain to the patient that the test is negative when you don't even know how to read the results and when you are already 1 hour behind in your appointment schedules for the day, or do you want me to pay a visit to the patient and explain the results and the condition to them and what can take place next.

Obviously you don't respect other health care professionals (not meaning myself, but those who are health care professionals already). Don't bother coming back say you do respect others in the health care field when we already know the truth.

As far as it goes with DropkickMurphy and myself, I already spoke my mind to him in pm. I'm professional in my manner and have moved on. I am doing the same with you as well. I could call you any name under the sun, but I am a respectful person and will not step that low.

Yes... Genetics + Pre-Allo forum = Flame war.

This is going to get interesting.
Good going genetics boy.

Members don't see this ad :)

By the way, professionalism is bowing out, and not returning where you are not wanted. Unprofessionalism is returning, to profess how professional you are.

If they specialize they are :confused:

Don't compare a GP to a Genetic Counsler.. you're comparing Apples to Oranges.

well glad to see my name was removed from that one; especially because i'm never here anymore and when I am I simply ask questions or respond to other questions. I'd like to know why Panda Bear, EternalRage and Wizard of Oz is on that list; they are extremely helpful, honest perhaps but helpful and that's what counts. Panda Bear can be crude and harsh, so at times seems uncompassionate but he is as funny as anything and his blog is amazing; I really enjoy reading it; it is so brutally honest.

Well Wiz and I have 0 votes so it's ok. I don't win popularity contests, ever. Even if it is for most hated. =/

Lol, funny, not! When you are working a 30 hour shift you can feel free to call me when I'm sleeping at 2am while you are treating a person that got drunk in the bar that night when all you want to is be sleeping.

You stick an IV in and that's it... 2 min perhaps? I dunno.

Feel free to call us back after years of correcting people... "no no I'm Mr. Genetics not Dr. Genetics. Well, yes of course I'm qualified to... where are you going??"

That'll probably get pretty annoying.

You're being disrespected so you try to argue that you have specific knowledge that most physicians don't? That just makes no sense. Many professions have knowledge that other professions don't have. Why do you keep trying to justify yourself?

Obviously you are insecure in your decision to not pursue an MD (perhaps because of grades, as reported by DKM in a different thread). Don't bother coming back to say you are secure with your decision and not seeking validation when we already know the truth.

Genetics said:
.....and have moved on.

Somehow, I find that hard to believe, since you keep coming back. I'm beginning to question whether you are a e-masochist who likes being e-masculated. :smuggrin:

Somehow, I find that hard to believe, since you keep coming back. I'm beginning to question whether you are a e-masochist who likes being e-masculated. :smuggrin:

Nice....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And what is this? Genetics banned. Now where is the fun?

Psycho Doc,

You're not really hated. I put you on the list 'cause you are one of my favs! :thumbup:

How's med school treatin' ya?

*Can you feel the luv tonight!*

:laugh: yea, right. It's ok, i was just surprised as I'm rarely here any more and when i am it's generally to answer a question or to ask something for my gf's admission process.

and i'd feel the love tonight (Valentine's Day Eve) if my gf was nearby.:(

and med school is....well difficult. How are you doing?

I have no interest in being a pre-allo moderator.

What is your problem anyways?

wow genetics is on the most hated list with only 216 posts....and he's already banned?

I only take half the classes the med students take here at UC, and Im already swamped with physio and biochem. Its goin to suck royally next year. :thumbdown: I cant imagine that you would have time to even spend with ur gf even if she was there. Mine is 1600 miles away :thumbdown:

I only take half the classes the med students take here at UC, and Im already swamped with physio and biochem. Its goin to suck royally next year. :thumbdown: I cant imagine that you would have time to even spend with ur gf even if she was there. Mine is 1600 miles away :thumbdown:

yea i know but she doesn't understand that so i feel guilty :(