Why do you want to be a Doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by schlrgirl
because i only live once...(as far as anyone knows)...and i only have one chance to do something exciting and meaningfull...i refuse to waste my life sitting behind a desk grumbling about how i hate my job....to me being a doctor is the one of the few jobs that i can look back on when i'm 90 and be completely intellectually and emotionally satisfied....

...the human being is so precious...and i can't think of a better way to spend my life than helping to preserve it ;)

Maybe, but I'm think you'll just end up being a doctor who sits behind a larger desk grumbling about how much you hate your job instead.

And to the OP, I want to be a doc cuz it's the most stable profession out there (besides being a corrupt lawyer/judge).

Members don't see this ad.

Also,

The 3 main autonomous jobs

1)Physician
2)Lawyer
3)priest

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I just look really good in white.

I know people always ask you this question when they find out.... but it's also like... they say "All those years of schooling ...whoa... Maybe you should just get an easy job...like...well, something easier.."

It's funny, lately my grandparents always watch that show.. on COURT TV, "Forensic Files.." now they are like..whoa, you should do that.. working with dead bodies is easier...oh that and you don't have to worry about them dying.."

lol.... :laugh: :rolleyes:

yeah..i guess that's true..it's not everyday you hear...

"OH MY....:eek: ..I was doing my autopsy, and then he just stopped breathing , and ...we did everything we could...but...he died." :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Seriously though alot of people try to put doubts in your head, like you can't do that....you can't be a doctor....your not smart enough , try being a lawyer...
lol what??? or just the basic...your not smart enough so don't go there talk...lol sometimes you just got to ignore them or give them that look.. you'll end up +pity+ , lol anyway... :sleep: off i go

"However, the many constraints on the way healthcare is delivered will prove frustrating to those who wonder why, after 7 to 10 years of postgraduate education to get an MD, they have to take orders from people who spent 2 postgraduate years to get an MBA."

This quote from that article I know would sicken most, and I see why, but COME ON! People who get MDs are trained to imrpove the quality of life for people, people who get MBAs are trained to improve the quality of their business. You're damn right I'd take orders from a guy who got an MBA if he knows whats best for the hospital. Let me do my surgerys, you run the business. PLEASE.