Why hasnt NYU contacted me yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh:

Bummer, I should have asked for expedited review rather than courtesy interview.

However, to be perfectly honest... given their disorganization and how much the admissions counselors hate their jobs (from the tone of their voice...), they probably just told you your application is under "expedited review" but in reality, it's just in the pile with all the October applicants.

haha

Members don't see this ad.

Cedar, I can understand your frustration having gone through this cycle myself but NYU is a fantastic school. The admissions may seem disorganized to you after this situation but any school that is handling 4k apps (its only Oct!) will def have some issues here and there. In case you get an interview....you will be amazed with all the facilities this school has to offer, not to mention we have the most diverse class than any other dental school out there.

Cedar, I can understand your frustration having gone through this cycle myself but NYU is a fantastic school. The admissions may seem disorganized to you after this situation but any school that is handling 4k apps (its only Oct!) will def have some issues here and there. In case you get an interview....you will be amazed with all the facilities this school has to offer, not to mention we have the most diverse class than any other dental school out there.

Along with the largest class out there... by a LONG shot. Just saying lol

Members don't see this ad :)

I've never visited the school, nor done any in depth research on the program itself, but just by the disorganization of the admission process is really turning me off. Yes, with this many applicants, mistakes happen. But, it seems as if I'm not the only one experiencing. Even on this thread, there are 2 other people whose checks have been cashed, but not marked on their application. In my honest opinion, this is unacceptable. It seems like this happens to a lot more applicants than it actually should, especially compared to other schools. I guess I'll make a second impression if I get an interview, but as far as first impression goes, :thumbdown:. Not the mention totally rude admission counselors.

I've never visited the school, nor done any in depth research on the program itself, but just by the disorganization of the admission process is really turning me off. Yes, with this many applicants, mistakes happen. But, it seems as if I'm not the only one experiencing. Even on this thread, there are 2 other people whose checks have been cashed, but not marked on their application. In my honest opinion, this is unacceptable. It seems like this happens to a lot more applicants than it actually should, especially compared to other schools. I guess I'll make a second impression if I get an interview, but as far as first impression goes, :thumbdown:. Not the mention totally rude admission counselors.

lol at this point they dont need you.....you need them....

I'm actually a long-time lurker--but I just HAD to make an account in order to chime in here...

I too received an email from NYU the other day, stating that my check for $75 was never received and that in order for my application to be complete I would need to send it.

Of course, I had evidence that not only was it received, it was also signed and cashed by their offices. I sent them a rather snarky email, and their only response was "blah blah, we have sooo many applicants". Well then! I've applied and received interviews from other schools who get just as many applicants and guess what?...they didn't just cash my check and then happen to "forget".

Honestly, it would be one thing if it was never cashed, and they misplaced it or something: but they essentially took my money and don't have their **** organized enough to realize it. My application has been held up for months with them for no good reason.

I sent the check on July 5th, they cashed it on July 19th. I didn't receive notification that they messed up until October 12th. Pathetic.

I have, in the mean time, completed two interviews (which went very well), and already have another scheduled (all pre-Dec 1st). Even if I get an interview from NYU, at this point, I think I'm going to save myself the headache and money and not make the trip to NY.

They'll probably tell me I showed up to the wrong interview date, anyway.

The last few replies from Avicii and Cedar have made me laugh. I'm fed up with arguing with them, unfortunately. You can take this opportunity to claim, "That's because you know you're wrong!" I won't mind.

Best of luck to all of us.

The last few replies from Avicii and Cedar have made me laugh. I'm fed up with arguing with them, unfortunately. You can take this opportunity to claim, "That's because you know you're wrong!" I won't mind.

Best of luck to all of us.

lol dude from your responses to many other threads, i can tell what kind of person you are. so its all good.

lol dude from your responses to many other threads, i can tell what kind of person you are. so its all good.

Likewise.

@CedarZ
I would just drop them. They are rude to you and don't seem to care... then I wouldn't care about them...

I wish NYU could just reject me so I would stop waiting on them...... -_-

So much anger on this thread. Some people need to get over the fact that they're not competitive enough for NYU. Everyone pays a fee and everyone is considered (the depth of that consideration probably differs greatly between applicants); some probably don't make it to the review process because their numbers are too low, some maybe make it to a full review process. You'll hear from them eventually...likely in August.

All these people talk about their application being delayed. I wonder how true that actually is, as one of my interviews state:

"You should have already paid the Dental School's application fee prior to your interview; if you have not yet done so, you may bring a check or money order with you on the day of your scheduled interview."

You guys seem to be stressing too much IMO..

Members don't see this ad :)
So many people feel entitled to NYU interviews in this thread...

Likewise.

@CedarZ
I would just drop them. They are rude to you and don't seem to care... then I wouldn't care about them...

haha mr gunner please no need for your 2 cents... oh wait maybe i should hear this out... this is the only time you will share any "personal" info with me hahahaha what a gunner.... :laugh:

All these people talk about their application being delayed. I wonder how true that actually is, as one of my interviews state:

"You should have already paid the Dental School’s application fee prior to your interview; if you have not yet done so, you may bring a check or money order with you on the day of your scheduled interview."

:thumbup:
SDN is bad for your health during app season. People get crazy

"You should have already paid the Dental School's application fee prior to your interview; if you have not yet done so, you may bring a check or money order with you on the day of your scheduled interview."

NYU requires the application fee prior to the interview, although I know that some other schools are not necessarily as strict with that. What I (and others in my position) could have done, was check with the office to see that the application was fully complete-- and that they had record of our checks which they had cashed in our names.

I agree with you that people are way too stressed out over their applications, however.

I for one am the exact opposite, which is why I didn't even bother to check with the NYU office when they cashed my check but I did not receive an "application complete" email; quite frankly I'm just not that concerned with my application there... (might make me sound like a douche, but c'est la vie).

This is all surprising to me. I have my interview at NYU tomorrow morning and I haven't had any problems with the app process. I've called them a few times and they've been really helpful. I guess I got lucky.

haha mr gunner please no need for your 2 cents... oh wait maybe i should hear this out... this is the only time you will share any "personal" info with me hahahaha what a gunner.... :laugh:

Well, since you oh so desire to hear my opinion...

I've been complete at NYU for about a month and a half and its been dead... some applicants who were complete after me have already heard back. Any thoughts?

I played absolutely no part in depriving you of an interview there. It was all you :xf:

Well, since you oh so desire to hear my opinion...

I played absolutely no part in depriving you of an interview there. It was all you :xf:

your posts are probably the most useful ones on SDN (insert major sacrasm) :thumbup:

I've been complete at NYU for about a month and a half and its been dead... some applicants who were complete after me have already heard back. Any thoughts?

There's a possibility that NYU just doesn't like your application. Also, it took me 2.5 months to hear back from NYU and I was in an early batch...

There's a possibility that NYU just doesn't like your application. Also, it took me 2.5 months to hear back from NYU and I was in an early batch...

lol its ok amalgam! i got the invite this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hahaha pre dec 1 tooooo.

OHHHH YEA BABY! And Im 1 hour away from there. I did my undergrad about 10 mins from NYUCD so I love that area (sans going east) but going west is awesome!

lol its ok amalgam! I got the invite this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungover: hahaha pre dec 1 tooooo.

Ohhhh yea baby! And im 1 hour away from there. I did my undergrad about 10 mins from nyucd so i love that area (sans going east) but going west is awesome!

congrats!!! :hungover:

congrats!!! :hungover:

thank you ms. wzhu, you've been very supportive in this thread :) it is a mighty good feeling, i must say. Best way to start off the week. Good luck to you hopefully they will contact you soon.

thank you ms. wzhu, you've been very supportive in this thread :) it is a mighty good feeling, i must say. Best way to start off the week. Good luck to you hopefully they will contact you soon.

thank you ^_^
hehe yea i think we all should just be supportive of one another... after all we could end up future classmates :]

thank you ^_^
hehe yea i think we all should just be supportive of one another... after all we could end up future classmates :]

:thumbup: my thoughts exactly.

Only NYU knows why NYU didn't give you an interview yet.

Only NYU knows why NYU didn't give you an interview yet.

yes i guess today they changed their mind and gave me one lol maybe my phone call made a difference or maybe not. just happy to go there.

Congrats! See, a little patience pays off!

Congrats! See, a little patience pays off!

:thumbup: word! i was complete for about a month and a half thats why i was complaining. but its fine ill take a pre dec 1 interview.

Did you call in to ask ab your app status?

Congrats!

yes i called them last thursday and got an invite today. i dunno if it was a coincidence or not. the timing is interesting to say the least.

:thumbup: word! i was complete for about a month and a half thats why i was complaining. but its fine ill take a pre dec 1 interview.

yep. Congrats. I remember you were really looking forward to the NYU invite.

good luck

yep. Congrats. I remember you were really looking forward to the NYU invite.

good luck

thanks a lot bud! ye its the closest one to me and I heard great things about it! good luck to you too! i will hit you up soon!

Maybe this will make you feel a bit more comfortable...i was in the second batch...my stats are bit more higher than yours and im somewhat local...AND...still didnt hear a word from them other than the completion email which is whatever.

Point is...your not alone...i feel your pain...because i want to hear from them too! :xf:

Me too..I have somewhat good stats and have finished application early august and haven't gotten an interview :(

I'm afraid I have little to say except "tough luck." Let's not assume you've got the market cornered on having your hard-earned money wasted. I've applied to schools that on their website state that Canadians such as myself are welcome to apply, but the ADEA statistics state that in the past several years these schools have admitted zero Canadian applicants. It certainly has nothing to do with a lack of qualified students, more with a hidden preference or policy within the admissions process that negates our ability to gain entry. So I've been "fleeced" just as you have. But at least you have a chance. Chalk it up to bad luck. Dental schools are not retail establishments who are selling you something; they have no obligation to ensure that you're satisfied, and sure as hell have no obligation to give you a freebie, especially in the instance of an interview. I'm afraid you've got to just accept the hand you've been dealt. Demanding anything else is unreasonable.

I agree completely. Chances are, things are gonna go wrong, whether you like it or not.
My prof's letter of recommendation, sent by Fedex, was delivered but somehow LOST by UBC dental school. The school simply told me to resend. Not even an apology. In fact, the school told me that "normally we do not talk about the status of mailed materials, but in your case we'll make a exception". Oh gee, thanks a lot for telling me that my mail got lost at your office! :thumbup:
I didn't even get upset or anything. I certainly don't expect UBC to give me a $20 coupon for the Fedex or a "courtesy interview".
Anyway, I haven't heard back from NYU either :( I think it might mean a rejection. For those of you who have better stats than me (which is, like, all of you), good luck :) I'm going to stop hoping for a NYU interview now.

I agree completely. Chances are, things are gonna go wrong, whether you like it or not.
My prof's letter of recommendation, sent by Fedex, was delivered but somehow LOST by UBC dental school. The school simply told me to resend. Not even an apology. In fact, the school told me that "normally we do not talk about the status of mailed materials, but in your case we'll make a exception". Oh gee, thanks a lot for telling me that my mail got lost at your office! :thumbup:
I didn't even get upset or anything. I certainly don't expect UBC to give me a $20 coupon for the Fedex or a "courtesy interview".
Anyway, I haven't heard back from NYU either :( I think it might mean a rejection. For those of you who have better stats than me (which is, like, all of you), good luck :) I'm going to stop hoping for a NYU interview now.

They don't talk about the status of mailed materials?! At least they made an exception, though!

Yeah stuff like this definitely happens to a lot of people haha. It's happened to me twice already. Both people on the phone said they "put a note in my file" that they messed up, but I'm not sure that that has/will do much for me.

i pray to god we are not classmates avicii..and if we are i hope you're not nearly this bad in person. seriously

i pray to god we are not classmates avicii..and if we are i hope you're not nearly this bad in person. seriously

bro shoo away and go do some pharmacy. i dunno who u are to speak anyway. ive never seen you contribute before. I do more good for this site than you've ever done. Last nite I found someone a MWU-AZ interview pre-dec, that person might get admitted into the school and their whole life can change.

so shoo away with your bs judgmental analysis. If you didnt get it, I dont quite care about opinions... they're like a-holes... everyone has one :D dont like my posts. hit ignore thats all I can tell you.

bro shoo away and go do some pharmacy. i dunno who u are to speak anyway. ive never seen you contribute before. I do more good for this site than you've ever done. Last nite I found someone a MWU-AZ interview pre-dec, that person might get admitted into the school and their whole life can change.

so shoo away with your bs judgmental analysis. If you didnt get it, I dont quite care about opinions... they're like a-holes... everyone has one :D dont like my posts. hit ignore thats all I can tell you.

congrats, i bet you fell all warm and fuzzy inside now don't you. and i'll take you up on your offer to ignore. your posts are getting to be a bit much. be sure to keep your sdn identity a secret. best of luck next week

I wouldn't mind being classmates with him... Sure he is "loud" and obnoxious sometimes, but he seems to be open to correction so long as there is proof. Maybe he should tone down the judgmental comments, but I can live with that. Plus, he is outgoing, which always makes for a good wing-man if need-be LOL

I wouldn't mind being classmates with him... Sure he is "loud" and obnoxious sometimes, but he seems to be open to correction so long as there is proof. Maybe he should tone down the judgmental comments, but I can live with that. Plus, he is outgoing, which always makes for a good wing-man if need-be LOL

:thumbup: haha thanks bereno someone has my back. maybe im just frustrated as december 1st comes around what the end result will be haha

congrats, i bet you fell all warm and fuzzy inside now don't you. and i'll take you up on your offer to ignore. your posts are getting to be a bit much. be sure to keep your sdn identity a secret. best of luck next week

lol its all good if you cant take the heat, best to stay out of the kitchen :D

I don't think he would make a good wingman. He would scare away the babes. It would be better to leave him at home lol.

Last edited:

I wouldn't worry too much about it -- I got invited for an interview five months after my app my mailed out. Hang in there!

I don't think he would make a good wingman. He would scare away the babes. It would be better to leave him at home lol.

u should check yo face at the door homie, before you open your mouth to me ;) i think ur the d&d type of playing guy. so keep your nonsense to yourself. your threads are probably the least useful ones ever. :eek: