Will Aug. 18th be too late to take GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeelerMom

WSU c/o 2025
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I was hoping that someone could help me out.
I was patiently waiting and hoping that the testing centers would open in order for me to take the GRE in time for the Sept deadline. I could take it at home, but due to my unreliable satellite internet I would much rather take it in person. I found a seat nearby that is available on August 18th.
I was just wondering if anyone had taken it that close to the deadline last year? I think it takes 10 days to get the written score, and possibly 5 extra days to have the result officially sent in? I think I should be okay, but figured I’d see if anyone else had taken it around that time last cycle.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I know last year that some schools specified when the last GRE date that you can take for admissions to accept it. Some school’s GRE deadline is later than others so I would encourage you to contact the vet schools that you are applying to and check with them if it does not specify on their website.

If you do end up taking it, have it in the back of your mind what schools you would like to send the scores to since you can send GRE scores free to four schools right after you finish the GRE exam. Don’t forget to take advantage of this! :giggle:

Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Some schools have a GRE score deadline way after the VMCAS application deadline, such as the University of Wisconsin, if that helps