Will Med School look at GPA from community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramakul

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I transfered from community college to UCLA. I'm just wondering if med school will even look at transfer GPA? My transfer GPA is 3.9 and my UCLA GPA is 3.7. I'm not sure if they are going to average all of my GPA or they will just look at GPA from the most recent school.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ramakul said:
I transfered from community college to UCLA. I'm just wondering if med school will even look at transfer GPA? My transfer GPA is 3.9 and my UCLA GPA is 3.7. I'm not sure if they are going to average all of my GPA or they will just look at GPA from the most recent school.

Thanks

Ofcourse they will... they look at everything.

They certainly will, as soon as you sign up for anything that constitutes college, it's looked at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the OP wants to know whether or not they will look at them as seperate GPA's or will they average the two into one cumulative undergrad GPA. I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this my self, so do tell.

For AMCAS, you list both schools together and they calculate for average sci GPA and non-science GPA. For certain school like Columbia, they ask for separate gpa on the secondary and usuallly schools that invite you for interview ask for all of your transcripts.

nabeel76 said:
I think the OP wants to know whether or not they will look at them as seperate GPA's or will they average the two into one cumulative undergrad GPA. I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this my self, so do tell.

They will be put into the overall undergrad gpa.