will they take your best DAT or latest DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebetterdoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im planning to take it again and i was wondering if they will take your hghest dat or latest dat?
and i heard that this year, you need to request the school that you applied to permit you to take the dat again....is that rite?

Members don't see this ad.

im planning to take it again and i was wondering if they will take your hghest dat or latest dat?
and i heard that this year, you need to request the school that you applied to permit you to take the dat again....is that rite?

If you take it more than 3 times, you must provide proof of rejection from a dental school, before they will let you take it for a fourth time. As far as schools looking at your last or highest dat score, I believe they look at all the test and judge from that.

i think it's different for every school. For example I asked UoP and they said they look at the latest scores, even if they are lower. So her advice: if you're going to retake it, make sure you're completely prepared and get a higher score.

i think it's different for every school. For example I asked UoP and they said they look at the latest scores, even if they are lower. So her advice: if you're going to retake it, make sure you're completely prepared and get a higher score.

And they get your most recent three I believe.

I think I read that the schools have access to your previous DAT scores. And I think the schools are looking at the most recent DAT as the qualifier.

But double check for yourself from the schools or the AADSAS website.