Will this count as a science letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hatuey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking an upper division "cognitive neuroscience" course next semester. The professor's title is "Department Chair in Neurosciences and Professor of Psychology and Computer Science". The course has a PSYC before it. This class seems very neuro-intensive and this guy is an "American vision scientist". Would a LOR from him count as a science letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe so. True it’s not BCMP, but I think that most schools see neuroscience as a science courses especially if the course emphasizes neural circuitry and CNS mechanisms

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking an upper division "cognitive neuroscience" course next semester. The professor's title is "Department Chair in Neurosciences and Professor of Psychology and Computer Science". The course has a PSYC before it. This class seems very neuro-intensive and this guy is an "American vision scientist". Would a LOR from him count as a science letter?
I recommend asking your flagship state school for advice here. Our anatomy and development class is taught by an anthropology professor (the class is cross listed in anthropology and bio). My state school told me that they would not consider the letter to be from a science professor, which is silly imho. I think you'll be fine, but it never hurts to ask! You can also ask your school's prehealth advising if that's available to you.