Will Trump win again???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He made an anti-Semitic statement and he should publicly retract and apologize for it.
Oh please, don't be so woke.

If he's an antisemite, call him out, but don't expect him to apologize (it wouldn't mean crap anyway). Let it go. If he's a decent human being, he will apologize anyway for "hurting your feelings". He has Muslims in his family (or maybe he is one himself); do you really think he likes Jews? (Which is not the same as hating them.)

Unless you are trolling...

P.S. I read his post. He was clearly being sarcastic. Just go back and re-read it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Gosh, if Mikkell‘s doctoring skills are anything like his wanna-be lawyer playtime, then he should really consider an extra rider on his malpractice or even consider institutional reinsurance. Again, to be clear and to correct the entirely inane comment by him, there is NOT a necessity or requirement to prove a crime during an impeachment hearing—

As former Republican House leader and President Gerald Ford once said—as he defined an impeachable offense as “whatever a majority of the House of Representatives” would vote for.

P.S. I read his post. He was clearly being sarcastic. Just go back and re-read it.

I read his post again too. He said he didn't think the Jews murdered in Pittsburgh were the victims of a hate crime.

If he's being sarcastic, why would he think it's funny to make a joke about Jews being murdered?

Members don't see this ad :)
Again, to be clear and to correct the entirely inane comment by him, there is NOT a necessity or requirement to prove a crime during an impeachment hearing—

As former Republican House leader and President Gerald Ford once said—as he defined an impeachable offense as “whatever a majority of the House of Representatives” would vote for.

The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Those are crimes. The US Constitution specifies crimes.

I am sure there were a number of democrats who would have liked him to be removed from the beginning (the ones who would have applauded yesterday). Come on, the man is a disgrace for the office. He's about as presidential as a mob boss, at least when compared to most of his predecessors.

But they did try. Pelosi did try. I was so brainwashed against her, I couldn't stand her two years ago. Then I started watching what she was doing, and what she was saying, and her interactions with Trump. She's a politician, but she must be a great mind, too. And she seems like a decent human being who tries to put the country first. To me, she's a stateswoman (even if our general politics may disagree).

I admit: I have been a never Trumper (except as a last resort - i.e. holding my nose). I honestly can't believe a decent human being could vote for him otherwise (I am looking especially at you, devote religious people). One can't love the country and unleash Trump on it, swamp or no swamp. He simply lacks the maturity and temperament and patriotism to be a good president. He's a malignant narcissist, and that means that Trump comes before country ALWAYS. I personally can't sell my vote for lower taxes or Second Amendment or religious issues (despite supporting all three at pretty libertarian levels). But this country has been SO good to me, I would happily die for it, rather than see it destroyed.
I admire your principlesd comments. I'm always fascinated by how people feel differently when looking at the same set of facts, ala the OJ Simpson trial. Trump does a lot of things to piss me off. His Dingle comments the most recent. But then he tweaks the Euros by the nose, calls them deadbeats for not paying their NATO obligations and I say Yeah, about time someone calls them out. My former Chief was an anal retentive authoritarian. However, if you lived within the narrow construct of his policies, life was good and he would dispatch other attendings and Dept Chairs in your support. I hated the way he talked to us and his policies, but he was 100% supportive of us. So I go back and forth on Trump.
I dont have to like a person to like their policies. Some want a politician, someone who is a lovely orator, promises everything, ,and does nothing, or somebody who actually does what they say they will do. This is a major factor between Trump supporters and Trump critics, IMO. I'm reminded of a line from the old Ghostbusters movie, when all the PhDs wanted to quit the university and join the private sector. Dan Akroyd said, " Join the private sector? Oh no. You dont want to do that. I've worked in the private sector. They expect results!" Trump is from the private sector, and he expects results. He is about as far from a traditional politician as you can get. I think MANY supporters cant stand him, but like where the country is now and its trajectory. I certainly understand why so many cant stand him.

Reactions: 2 users
Again, to be clear and to correct the entirely inane comment by him, there is NOT a necessity or requirement to prove a crime during an impeachment hearing

And Trump will be found to be innocent in a Senate trial.

There is no evidence that Trump committed any crime.

The Democrats thought they had a solid case because Schiff promised he did based on his conversations with the whistleblower.

But Schiff is a pathological liar who lied about the FISA abuses. He lied about Russian collusion evidence.

Schiff is bringing down the Democrat party.

And Trump will be found to be innocent in a Senate trial.

There is no evidence that Trump committed any crime.

The Democrats thought they had a solid case because Schiff promised he did based on his conversations with the whistleblower.

But Schiff is a pathological liar who lied about the FISA abuses. He lied about Russian collusion evidence.

Schiff is bringing down the Democrat party.
So besides a white power guy you also can’t read huh? Again, NO crime is necessary to advance impeachment, this was literally said by former R President Ford....

So besides a white power guy you also can’t read huh? Again, NO crime is necessary to advance impeachment, this was literally said by former R President Ford....
Who cares what Gerald Ford had to say about constitutional law? It's irrelevant to what the Constitution specifies.

Also, the founders said specifically what the conditions for impeachment were intended to be.

Even if you think a crime against the country was committed, what was the crime? Temporarily holding financial aid? Seriously?

The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Those are crimes. The US Constitution specifies crimes.
You need to have a more thorough reading and nuance as to what the founding fathers meant to that phrase, as it is debated by the most erudite of legal scholars for decades, and whether you have a Right or Left leaning, ALL agree it is not a simple crime that they are trying to enforce....again, go to law school if you think you are a lawyer.

There are currently two major legal disputes over the definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” The first is whether or not something in that category actually has to be a crime. Frank Bowman, a law professor at the University of Missouri School of Law and the author of High Crimes & Misdemeanors: A History of Impeachment for the Age of Trump, tells TIME he believes it doesn’t. “The defenders of the impeached officer always argue, always, that a crime is required,” he says. “And every time that misconception has to be knocked down again.”
He offers this example: “Let’s say the President were to wake up tomorrow morning and says, ‘All this impeachment stuff is kind of getting on my nerves. I think I’m going to go to Barbados for six months. Don’t call me, I’ll call you,’ and just cuts off all contact and refuses to do his duty,” Bowman theorizes. “That’s not a crime. It’s not violating a law. But could we impeach him? Of course we could — otherwise what’s the remedy? We have a country without a President.”

What’s the Constitutional history of the term?
The concept of impeachment was used by the British Parliament as early as 1376, as a legislative safeguard against overreach by the aristocracy, and the terms in question were part of the process early on.

“In England a lot of the impeachment cases had relied on this language of ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ from the 1640s onward,” Bernadette Meyler, a law professor at Stanford Law School, explains.
But the phrase didn’t have a set definition in British practice; it was used to describe whatever thing the person was being impeached for, according to Bowman. There were several things for which people were impeached during this era: ordinary crimes, treason, corruption, abuse of power, ordinary incompetence and misbehavior in relation to foreign policy. Notably, the King could not be impeached.

When the framers of the U.S. Constitution realized they needed a way to remove executive officials who abused the nature of their positions, they decided to add a definition for an impeachable offense. Though many suggestions were made at the Constitutional Convention in 1787, by the end of the summer they’d winnowed it down to two examples: treason and bribery.

But George Mason of Virginia took issue with limiting it to the two definitions, arguing they were too narrow. At the same time the Constitution was being drafted, newspapers were covering the impeachment of a statesman named Warren Hastings for misconduct during his time the Governor General of India. Mason pointed out that under their current definition, Hasting wouldn’t be impeachable. Mason suggest they broaden the definition to include “maladministration,” meaning mismanagement or ineffective governance. James Madison argued back that the word would be too broad, and make it so the President would be serving at the “pleasure of the Senate.” He worried Senators could remove the President if they disliked a policy move.

George Mason then proposed including the phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors” instead, and that’s the term they settled on.

To understand what the framers thought “high crimes and misdemeanors” meant, Harvard Law professor Jennifer Taub points to Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist Paper No. 65, in which he explains the impeachment process. “The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust,” Hamilton wrote in 1788.

Who cares what Gerald Ford had to say about constitutional law? It's irrelevant to what the Constitution specifies.

Also, the founders said specifically what the conditions for impeachment were intended to be.

Even if you think a crime against the country was committed, what was the crime? Temporarily holding financial aid? Seriously?
Tell us what law school you went to, what bars you have passed, and again, why are you on probationary status?

So besides a white power guy you also can’t read huh?

I'm Jewish, I support the State of Israel, and my relatives were killed in the Holocaust.

And you insult me by saying I'm an illiterate Jew. Why have you not been banned yet for violating the site's TOS?

Impeachable Offenses
SECTION 4. The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
ANNOTATIONS
The Convention came to its choice of words describing the grounds for impeachment after much deliberation, but the phrasing derived directly from the English practice. On June 2, 1787, the framers adopted a provision that the executive should “be removable on impeachment & conviction of mal-practice or neglect of duty.”857 The Committee of Detail reported as grounds “Treason (or) Bribery or Corruption.”858 And the Committee of Eleven reduced the phrase to “Treason, or bribery.”859 On September 8, Mason objected to this limitation, observing that the term did not encompass all the conduct that should be grounds for removal; he therefore proposed to add “or maladministration” following “bribery.” Upon Madison’s objection that “o vague a term will be equivalent to a tenure during pleasure of the Senate,” Mason suggested “other high crimes & misdemeanors,” which was adopted without further recorded debate.860
The phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors” in the context of impeachments has an ancient English history, first turning up in the impeachment of the Earl of Suffolk in 1388.861 Treason is defined in the Constitution.862 Bribery is not, but it had a clear common law meaning and is now well covered by statute.863“High crimes and misdemeanors,” however, is an undefined and indefinite phrase, which, in England, had comprehended conduct not constituting indictable offenses.864 Use of the word “other” to link “high crimes and misdemeanors” with “treason” and “bribery” is arguably indicative of the types and seriousness of conduct encompassed by “high crimes and misdemeanors.” Similarly, the word “high” apparently carried with it a restrictive meaning.865
Debate prior to adoption of the phrase866 and comments thereafter in the ratifying conventions867 were to the effect that the President (all the debate was in terms of the President) should be removable by impeachment for commissions or omissions in office which were not criminally cognizable. And in the First Congress’s “removal” debate, Madison maintained that the wanton dismissal of meritorious officers would be an act of maladministration which would render the President subject to impeachment.868 Other comments, especially in the ratifying conventions, tend toward a limitation of the term to criminal, perhaps gross criminal, behavior.869 The scope of the power has been the subject of continuing debate.

I'm Jewish, I support the State of Israel, and my relatives were killed in the Holocaust.

And you insult me by saying I'm an illiterate Jew. Why have you not been banned yet for violating the site's TOS?
And you also said I could not read, why have you been banished to mythical Narnia for calling me an illiterate negro?

Members don't see this ad :)
I admire your principlesd comments. I'm always fascinated by how people feel differently when looking at the same set of facts, ala the OJ Simpson trial. Trump does a lot of things to piss me off. His Dingle comments the most recent. But then he tweaks the Euros by the nose, calls them deadbeats for not paying their NATO obligations and I say Yeah, about time someone calls them out. My former Chief was an anal retentive authoritarian. However, if you lived within the narrow construct of his policies, life was good and he would dispatch other attendings and Dept Chairs in your support. I hated the way he talked to us and his policies, but he was 100% supportive of us. So I go back and forth on Trump.
I dont have to like a person to like their policies. Some want a politician, someone who is a lovely orator, promises everything, ,and does nothing, or somebody who actually does what they say they will do. This is a major factor between Trump supporters and Trump critics, IMO. I'm reminded of a line from the old Ghostbusters movie, when all the PhDs wanted to quit the university and join the private sector. Dan Akroyd said, " Join the private sector? Oh no. You dont want to do that. I've worked in the private sector. They expect results!" Trump is from the private sector, and he expects results. He is about as far from a traditional politician as you can get. I think MANY supporters cant stand him, but like where the country is now and its trajectory. I certainly understand why so many cant stand him.
I am not so sure about the country's trajectory. I would feel way better if he (at least) balanced the budget, and behaved in a more presidential fashion. The fact that great military leaders are running away from working with him is a big NO-NO for me. Those people are probably among the most patriotic Americans and it's never a good sign. He simply can't keep truly valuable people around, just sycophant nobodies. He doesn't run a government, he keeps a court. The country is still running well out of inertia, showing how little the president actually matters for the economy. There is no vision here, except for making Trump great again, and for hate, hate and more hate. He hates everybody who doesn't kiss his butt, and loves everybody who does (even if a lowlife). That's very dangerous for the country.

Let me put it this way: if I wouldn't accept a person in my home, I will definitely not vote for him/her, regardless how good s/he is for the economy. The president has to be a shrewd strategist (like any CEO), but a decent human being after all.

Reactions: 1 user
You need to have a more thorough reading and nuance as to what the founding fathers meant to that phrase, as it is debated by the most erudite of legal scholars for decades, and whether you have a Right or Left leaning, ALL agree it is not a simple crime that they are trying to enforce....again, go to law school if you think you are a lawyer.

There are currently two major legal disputes over the definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” The first is whether or not something in that category actually has to be a crime. Frank Bowman, a law professor at the University of Missouri School of Law and the author of High Crimes & Misdemeanors: A History of Impeachment for the Age of Trump, tells TIME he believes it doesn’t. “The defenders of the impeached officer always argue, always, that a crime is required,” he says. “And every time that misconception has to be knocked down again.”
He offers this example: “Let’s say the President were to wake up tomorrow morning and says, ‘All this impeachment stuff is kind of getting on my nerves. I think I’m going to go to Barbados for six months. Don’t call me, I’ll call you,’ and just cuts off all contact and refuses to do his duty,” Bowman theorizes. “That’s not a crime. It’s not violating a law. But could we impeach him? Of course we could — otherwise what’s the remedy? We have a country without a President.”

What’s the Constitutional history of the term?
The concept of impeachment was used by the British Parliament as early as 1376, as a legislative safeguard against overreach by the aristocracy, and the terms in question were part of the process early on.

“In England a lot of the impeachment cases had relied on this language of ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ from the 1640s onward,” Bernadette Meyler, a law professor at Stanford Law School, explains.
But the phrase didn’t have a set definition in British practice; it was used to describe whatever thing the person was being impeached for, according to Bowman. There were several things for which people were impeached during this era: ordinary crimes, treason, corruption, abuse of power, ordinary incompetence and misbehavior in relation to foreign policy. Notably, the King could not be impeached.

When the framers of the U.S. Constitution realized they needed a way to remove executive officials who abused the nature of their positions, they decided to add a definition for an impeachable offense. Though many suggestions were made at the Constitutional Convention in 1787, by the end of the summer they’d winnowed it down to two examples: treason and bribery.

But George Mason of Virginia took issue with limiting it to the two definitions, arguing they were too narrow. At the same time the Constitution was being drafted, newspapers were covering the impeachment of a statesman named Warren Hastings for misconduct during his time the Governor General of India. Mason pointed out that under their current definition, Hasting wouldn’t be impeachable. Mason suggest they broaden the definition to include “maladministration,” meaning mismanagement or ineffective governance. James Madison argued back that the word would be too broad, and make it so the President would be serving at the “pleasure of the Senate.” He worried Senators could remove the President if they disliked a policy move.

George Mason then proposed including the phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors” instead, and that’s the term they settled on.

To understand what the framers thought “high crimes and misdemeanors” meant, Harvard Law professor Jennifer Taub points to Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist Paper No. 65, in which he explains the impeachment process. “The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust,” Hamilton wrote in 1788.
Did you even read the citation you used? It's clear that the Democrat's lastest impeachment attempt is invalid.

Why do you think they dropped the bribery charges? Maybe because there was zero evidence of bribery?

Did you even read the citation you used? It's clear that the Democrat's lastest impeachment attempt is invalid.

Why do you think they dropped the bribery charges? Maybe because there was zero evidence of bribery?
Or because it would have been harder to prove? ;)

Come on, don't be so black and white. You'll become a zebra.

The fact that great military leaders are running away from working with him is a big NO-NO for me. Those people are probably among the most patriotic Americans and it's never a good sign.

Maybe because Trump is antiwar and wants to get out of military conflicts, much to the consternation of people who have vested interests in continuing these conflicts? I thought Democrats are antiwar, but they voted for the Iraq war, and they supported Obama's wars in Libya, Syria, and they supported drone attacks on US citizens.

Hello, read article two, obstruction of congress....

Or because it would have been harder to prove? ;)

Come on, don't be so black and white. You'll become a zebra.
If there was evidence of bribery, the Democrats would have provided it by now, but they didn't because they literally had no evidence of it.

Hello, read article two, obstruction of congress....
Trump didn't obstruct Congress. The Democrats did not even try to enforce their subpoenas by going through the judiciary.

They could have, but they didn't. It sure would have made the case for obstruction of Congress if they did though. I wonder why they didn't?

To understand what the framers thought “high crimes and misdemeanors” meant, Harvard Law professor Jennifer Taub points to Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist Paper No. 65, in which he explains the impeachment process. “The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust,” Hamilton wrote in 1788. That is to say, a crime need NOT be proven.

To understand what the framers thought “high crimes and misdemeanors” meant, Harvard Law professor Jennifer Taub points to Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist Paper No. 65, in which he explains the impeachment process. “The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust,” Hamilton wrote in 1788. That is to say, a crime need NOT be proven.
So, Obama should have been impeached for:

Using the IRS to silence critics

Giving guns to Mexican cartels to be used to kill Americans

Waging war in Libya without Congressional approval

Donating money to the Iranian regime to be used in terrorist attacks against Americans

Allowing Putin to annex Crimea

Wiretapping journalists

Using the CIA to spy on a rival's political campaign

?

Trump didn't obstruct Congress. The Democrats did not even try to enforce their subpoenas by going through the judiciary.

They could have, but they didn't. It sure would have made the case for obstruction of Congress if they did though. I wonder why they didn't?
Cause Barr is a ****old and sychophant. Tell me this, why didnt the White House allow either Pompeo, Bolton, Rudy or Mulvaney to testify? All had first had direct knowledge and first hand accounts of most of the pertinent conversations and documents related to Ukraine, they could have easily corrected and countered statements brought by the House investigation—and if they were telling the truth as they asserted, it would have basically stopped everything in its path. Why—well for one, their testimony would have to be in lockstep with the accompanying transcript documents, and the the truth is, what they wanted to say and what is the truth, are two distinct items. In short, they would have perjured themselves....period.

Donating money to the Iranian regime to be used in terrorist attacks against Americans

Wiretapping journalists

?
Congratulations you are now awarded with high honors and great distinction a PhD in conflation and deflection. Kudos, job well done.

You just don't WANT to get it, do you? Not cooperating with an impeachment hearing is obstruction of Congress. Impeachment is one of the checks and balances for presidential power. It's almost like telling your supervisor or auditor: my team won't show you our work, sue us!

The judiciary is there as an arbiter, not for obvious cases such as this. This is pure malevolence and royal narcissism on the part of the president ("How dare YOU check on ME?"). Or he's simply hiding something that he knows would hurt him. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations you are now awarded with high honors and great distinction a PhD in conflation and deflection. Kudos, job well done.
So you agree Obama should have been impeached?

Wiretapping journalists

?
And I thought you were some erudite federalist scholar, or were you just pretending or just skimming, or just accepting the portions you agreed with or that conformed to your preexisting dogma?

You just don't get it, do you? Not cooperating with an impeachment hearing is obstruction of Congress.
No, you're wrong. The house does not have the authority to just subpoena anything from the president, and if the president refuses then he's removed from office.

Balance of powers, it's the foundation of our democracy. The judiciary is the check against the Congress. You're not from the US, so you might not be aware of this part of our constitution.

I am not so sure about the country's trajectory. I would feel way better if he (at least) balanced the budget, and behaved in a more presidential fashion. The fact that great military leaders are running away from working with him is a big NO-NO for me. Those people are probably among the most patriotic Americans and it's never a good sign. He simply can't keep truly valuable people around, just sycophant nobodies. He doesn't run a government, he keeps a court. The country is still running well out of inertia, showing how little the president actually matters for the economy. There is no vision here, except for making Trump great again, and for hate, hate and more hate. He hates everybody who doesn't kiss his butt, and loves everybody who does (even if a lowlife). That's very dangerous for the country.

Let me put it this way: if I wouldn't accept a person in my home, I will definitely not vote for him/her, regardless how good s/he is for the economy. The president has to be a shrewd strategist (like any CEO), but a decent human being after all.
Makes a lot of sense

And I thought you were some erudite federalist scholar, or were you just pretending or just skimming, or just accepting the portions you agreed with or that conformed to your preexisting dogma?
So, Obama committed high crimes against the United States, multiple times, and you agree he should have been impeached.

Got it. :thumbup:

You just don't get it, do you? Not cooperating with an impeachment hearing is obstruction of Congress. Impeachment is one of the checks and balances for presidential power. It's almost like telling your supervisor or auditor: I won't show you my work, sue me!
True and true. I reiterate and urge folks to revisit the most recent interview with Justice Gorsuch on Fox News, in which he took great pains and effort to delineate why we must as a country respect and enforce the basic constitutional precept of the separation of powers. It was a very nuanced but poignant way to communicate to both the White House and R Senate leadership, that the Supremes have a different take on all this, and at the end of the day, they will enforce that there must be a distinct and palpable check and balance that ultimately subscribes to the axiomatic tenet that the President does NOT have absolute power and immunity.

You admitted to doing hypotheticals. You keep talking about Trump hypothetically committing a crime.
You don’t read so good huh? Again, I never said he committed a per se crime....

You're a constitutional expert, and you think the "judiciary" is the Department of Justice in the executive branch??

:lol::laugh:
You are not too bright either huh. To get to the judiciary, to enforce such a proceeding it must first have a formal referral from DOJ to proceed, e.g. it would first have to go to Barr to provide the referral.

You are not too bright either huh. To get to the judiciary, to enforce such a proceeding it must first have a formal referral from DOJ to proceed, e.g. it would first have to go to Barr to provide the referral.
Wouldn't they just have to sue the executive branch in Federal/Supreme Court?

Wouldn't they just have to sue the executive branch in Federal/Supreme Court?
said:

Again, you want to make legal comments, take the damn effort and take the LSAT (maybe you could go to the same law school of your hero and idol Jim Jordan, where the average LSAT is in the 45 percentile -might be a bit to heady for you tho) .

Again, to enforce a House subpoena, the house leadership makes a referral to main justice and justice then makes a determination on whether they will enforce it.

By way of specific example:

What happens if someone defies a congressional subpoena?

The longstanding — though unofficial — approach is for subpoenaed individuals or agencies to negotiate terms of compliance, said Lisa Kern Griffin, a professor of constitutional law at Duke University. For example, Congress in the past has worked out compromises with an administration to provide some witness testimony or redacted evidence. This option is basically a non-starter in the Ukraine case, Griffin said, because the Trump administration has said it does not intend to cooperate.

Congress has very limited options to enforce subpoenas in face of defiance, but none are particularly appealing for lawmakers. Congress could pursue criminal contempt by asking the U.S. Attorney for D.C. within the Justice Department to bring criminal charges against a violator. If found guilty, this would be a federal misdemeanor punishable by a maximum $100,000 fine and a maximum one-year sentence in prison.

But this is not a viable option; it’s highly improbable that the Trump Justice Department would bring criminal charges against a member of its own administration.

Apparently, some of you think Americans CARE about this impeachment. Some Democrats might, but the rest of the folks are looking at economy/immigration/trade and taxes.

Remind me again, what are Democrats doing to address these issues (other than giving the country away to illegals, and $30 trillion healthcare proposals)???

Apparently, some of you think Americans CARE about this impeachment. Some Democrats might, but the rest of the folks are looking at economy/immigration/trade and taxes.

Remind me again, what are Democrats doing to address these issues (other than giving the country away to illegals, and $30 trillion healthcare proposals)???

Democrats haven't made up their minds whether to be moderate or far left. This will come back to hurt them.

Giving the country away to illegals? Come now, talk about inflated hyberpole....

Where are you from and how long have you been here? Unless you are Native and I mean Native American and not a political Nativist - this same and exact rhetoric was placed upon almost all groups in the last 130 years, included but not limited to the Irish, Polish, Jews, etc.....

I read his post again too. He said he didn't think the Jews murdered in Pittsburgh were the victims of a hate crime.

If he's being sarcastic, why would he think it's funny to make a joke about Jews being murdered?

Back up and read his post again, in the context it was written. Here, I'll quote it for you so you don't have to go looking:

It was obviously sarcastic. It wasn't intended to be funny, and he wasn't making a joke about Jews being murdered. It was intended to provide a counterexample to your list of hoaxes.

Settle down.

Reactions: 1 users
Giving the country away to illegals? Come now, talk about inflated hyberpole....

Where are you from and how long have you been here? Unless you are Native and I mean Native American and not a political Nativist - this same and exact rhetoric was placed upon almost all groups in the last 130 years, included but not limited to the Irish, Polish, Jews, etc.....

The current estimate is 20-25 million illegals. How many SHOULD we let in, before you feel we’ve “made amends”?? 100 million??? Make the entire world “honorary Americans” (7 billion)???

You can’t offer unlimited social benefits (healthcare/welfare/education) to the entire world.

Or does YOUR anesthesia group offer partnerships to 100 Docs, when there’s only enough work for 10????

Oh, and my Italian ancestors came here LEGALLY through Ellis Island.

You know, with Britain's rejection of Labour Marxist policies, you could safely expect Warren, Sanders and the far left supporters to be effectively doomed. But I'm not sure especially if the alternative is Biden.

SPF forums have formally endorsed Buttigieg for president though.

Status
Not open for further replies.