Will Trump win again???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@olabrador23, the reason I deleted my post was not that I changed my opinions about Ben Carson. The man is very much like Trump. I had at least one reason that I will not share (beyond it being offtopic and others). However, you posting a screenshot of it, despite knowing I had deleted it, reeks of disrespect, and speaks more of you than me. ;)

You want to have the last word? Go ahead. I have nothing to prove to anybody except myself. Welcome to the "dean's list".

I guess that is not a threat???

Members don't see this ad.

I took responsibility for myself and have overcome a lot of obstacles to get to where I am. I have experienced plenty of external forces trying to stop me. And so have damn near every person of color I know. And those are only of of things that they are aware of. I am well aware that there are internal and external forces at play that move people in whatever trajectory they move thru in life. It's not about blaming as much as it is about accepting the reality of the situation. But no, when people speak on that, they are making up excuses and they should be able to pull themselves up by their damn bootstraps no matter what.

Like I said, go ahead young-blood. Grab life by the horns and meet your destiny. I live in reality and chose to see the world through rose colored glasses no longer.

And like @FFP, you will see that I don't need your approval or praise.

nobody said you or @FPP need my approval. Everyone can see all of that in your posts.

you can speak for yourself and other people that you think you know. But as a person of color too, I know that you do not speak for me.

I thought we were in a discussion on philosophical ground but whatever.... :)

Trump got reelected the moment all Democrats raised their hands in support of tax payer funded healthcare for ILLEGAL immigrants.

Game over Trump 2020 deal with it #MAGA

Going to enjoy watching the Democrats tear each other apart.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Trump got reelected the moment all Democrats raised their hands in support of tax payer funded healthcare for ILLEGAL immigrants.

Game over Trump 2020 deal with it #MAGA

Going to enjoy watching the Democrats tear each other apart.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Reactions: 1 users
Why is Trump's election necessarily the cutting off of his/her nose?

I’m referring specifically to healthcare. Most polls indicate that a majority of Americans support some form of universal healthcare. I just find it funny that people would vote against that simply because they don’t want to extend some form of basic healthcare to undocumented immigrants. It seems to fit that old saying well.

I’m referring specifically to healthcare. Most polls indicate that a majority of Americans support some form of universal healthcare. I just find it funny that people would vote against that simply because they don’t want to extend some form of basic healthcare to undocumented immigrants. It seems to fit that old saying well.

Everybody wants universal healthcare insurance coverage.

Nobody wants to pay for it.

End of discussion.

In a sense, we have that already with EMTALA. Of course, there needs to be something far, far more efficient (and with better care provision). But I'm willing to wait for that in the hopes that someone in government will have the principles and spine to effectively remove the tens of millions of people who are here illegally.

Calling them ‘undocumented’ makes me want to vote for Trump (and I didn’t vote for Trump last time)

Reactions: 5 users
I think it makes more sense to make healthcare more affordable. Primary care visits should be paid out of pocket. With lower practice overhead, actual visits should be cheaper.

I know concierge docs who push close to 7 figures. The only problem is there's not enough primary care docs to do this nationally.

Why can't we import Indian docs with H1b visas?

I think it makes more sense to make healthcare more affordable. Primary care visits should be paid out of pocket. With lower practice overhead, actual visits should be cheaper.

I know concierge docs who push close to 7 figures. The only problem is there's not enough primary care docs to do this nationally.

Why can't we import Indian docs with H1b visas?

That’s a terrible idea. Next time you try to negotiate compensation imagine them saying ‘take it or leave it, there’s a line of foreign docs who’d love to take this offer.’ We are already on a path (in all industries) to an insane concentration of wealth in the hands of few business executives and investors, undercutting us with foreign docs would make a huge problem worse.

That’s a terrible idea. Next time you try to negotiate compensation imagine them saying ‘take it or leave it, there’s a line of foreign docs who’d love to take this offer.’ We are already on a path (in all industries) to an insane concentration of wealth in the hands of few business executives and investors, undercutting us with foreign docs would make a huge problem worse.
You'd rather have more independent NPs?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Trump tweeting about $BTC is a major long term bullish statement. If he (or his banker friends) didn't see it as a legitimate threat, he wouldn't be discussing it. Not saying we won't see $3000 again (very possible), but long term, this asset (hard money, scarcity, divisible by 100 million, quicker settlement than SWIFT, lightning scaling, etc) will see 1-10 million dollars per BTC, once the majority of the world the realizes the current setup (QE, inflation, endless USD printing). Take notes (and a deep dive into BTC) and stay ahead of the curve. You guys can mock me but I've done extensive research and think BTC is gonna mature fast right before our eyes.

He's an idiot but he just did us a service with his latest tweet storm.

Remember election night when the polls said 99% chance trump loses?

The polls are for influence, not prediction in 2019

Keep drinking that CNN and NYT kool-aid. It tastes good right?

If you still believe the "polls" after last election there is nothing anyone can do for you.

And by the way, they are illegal because they entered the country illegally. Lets not sugar coat it.

Last edited:
Trump tweeting about $BTC is a major long term bullish statement. If he (or his banker friends) didn't see it as a legitimate threat, he wouldn't be discussing it. Not saying we won't see $3000 again (very possible), but long term, this asset (hard money, scarcity, divisible by 100 million, quicker settlement than SWIFT, lightning scaling, etc) will see 1-10 million dollars per BTC, once the majority of the world the realizes the current setup (QE, inflation, endless USD printing). Take notes (and a deep dive into BTC) and stay ahead of the curve. You guys can mock me but I've done extensive research and think BTC is gonna mature fast right before our eyes.

Heh, now the bitcoin fanboys think accidental pumpdump tweets are evidence of bitcoin's inevitable ascendancy.

And did you just use the phrase "quicker settlement" in the same sentence as "bitcoin"?

As a patient I'd rather have a US trained NP than an unspecified 3rd world physician.

As a physician I don't think it matters who the overlords use to undercut me.

At least with foreign doc under H1b visa, they can be put in very specific locations in the United States where no other physician practices. And they can be forced to adopt certain payment models, maybe salaried only, like in concierge.

At least you won't have a "need" for NPs which would be used for further expansion of mid-levels.

People need medical care, at least in this circumstance you won't have a huge need for a socialized medicine takeover of all healthcare.

No point talking to pgg who is set in his ways. Probably doubted the internet would be relevant and that e-mail would fail.

No point talking to pgg who is set in his ways. Probably doubted the internet would be relevant and that e-mail would fail.
A deep dive would change a lot of peeps mind. But I can understand people being skeptical since Trump tweets about the economy (I mean stock market) reaching new highs. PGG may not agree with me, but I have a suspicion others here are taking notes, and others are doing some HW. I have to warn you, once you go down the rabbit hole, you wont come back.

Calling them ‘undocumented’ makes me want to vote for Trump (and I didn’t vote for Trump last time)

Fine, illegal. Undocumented is a term that is perpetuated by people like Trump who hire them as cheap labor. It gives people like that landscaper who edges your garden or the contractor who rebuilds your kitchen a mental pass. When you need your roof done and the roofer shows up with a truckload of guys to get that job done in a day, do you think all those workers are legal Americans getting healthcare benefits from their employer?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm a skeptic, and in the end I'm willing to miss this boat. The risk isn't necessary for me to win the game I'm playing, the risk appears completely irrational, bitcoin itself has critical unfixable design flaws if it is to be used as a portable anonymous currency, and in any case I don't believe the nation's of the world with their fist currencies and guns will allow it to succeed in the manner its promoters say they do.

That's all. :)

Remember election night when the polls said 99% chance trump loses?

The polls are for influence, not prediction in 2019

Keep drinking that CNN and NYT kool-aid. It tastes good right?

If you still believe the "polls" after last election there is nothing anyone can do for you.

And by the way, they are illegal because they entered the country illegally. Lets not sugar coat it.

I don’t care about polls. I talk to people. I know many proud Trump voters, and one thing they all seem to agree on is some kind of major healthcare overhaul...except for the rich ones who drive Ferraris and have houses on the water.

Fine, illegal. Undocumented is a term that is perpetuated by people like Trump who hire them as cheap labor. It gives people like that landscaper who edges your garden or the contractor who rebuilds your kitchen a mental pass.
Today is Friday.

If we arrested and charged the people who hire illegal immigrants the problem would be solved by Monday.

And it would only take that long because government agencies don't like to work on weekends.

BTC is old tech. If you like BTC, you might like LTC and BCHABC too. BTC, ETH, LTC are very safe bets imho. I think we might see some small dips and as long as BTC is not breaking 6-8K, it might return to 20K peak (hopefully soon). So I am saving money and adding when dips happen.

About Trump is an idiot, I kindda doubt that statement... :thinking:

Today is Friday.

If we arrested and charged the people who hire illegal immigrants the problem would be solved by Monday.

And it would only take that long because government agencies don't like to work on weekends.

No way. It is so pervasive that there are not enough government agencies to arrest all the employers of undocumented, illegal, aliens, whatever the heck you want to call them. They are such an important component of our economy that it would never happen. We like cheap things like stuff made in China and kitchen rebuilds done for $50k in under 2 weeks. There would be a revolt if all of a sudden it went from $10k to redo your roof to $25k because it’s all American citizen workers.

Edit: Which is why I support some form of healthcare for “illegals.” I’m benefitting from their work because they mow my lawn for $50 a week instead of $300 a week. The least I could do is chip in a couple bucks to pay for some healthcare. It’s a very complicated problem that goes well beyond the “drug dealers and rapists” that are pouring into our country. There is a enormous component of hardworking people that are contributing to our economy.

I’m more of a BTC maximalists but I do believe in another project (I don’t wanna seem like a shill, so I won’t say at this point). I do have have some other ****coins for disclosure.

Fine, illegal. Undocumented is a term that is perpetuated by people like Trump who hire them as cheap labor. It gives people like that landscaper who edges your garden or the contractor who rebuilds your kitchen a mental pass. When you need your roof done and the roofer shows up with a truckload of guys to get that job done in a day, do you think all those workers are legal Americans getting healthcare benefits from their employer?
I think the black man who has been doing my lawn for 20 years (mostly for the previous owner) suffers significant harm by being undercut by the illegal immigrant labor you are talking about.
I don’t know how the democrat party can claim to work for him and support illegal immigration at the same time. They’re mutually exclusive propositions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
I think the black man who has been doing my lawn for 20 years (mostly for the previous owner) suffers significant harm by being undercut by the illegal immigrant labor you are talking about. I assume my guy gets Medicare.

Absolutely. But that doesn’t stop the fact that many many employers are benefiting from illegals as are many consumers. This is not something that is going to be fixed overnight by putting a significant portion of our economy to a halt. I also hire a guy and I really don’t have the time to investigate whether or not he is using illegals or what. I’m not checking every restaurant making sure the dishwashers are all Americans. Are you?

I’m more of a BTC maximalists but I do believe in another project (I don’t wanna seem like a shill, so I won’t say at this point). I do have have some other ****coins for disclosure.

glad to see some investing / trading crypto too :)

another one I like is BNB. It is another "safe" bet of mine. It has been good for me the last few months :whistle:

One way to reduce healthcare costs would be to reduce the number of ICU beds and admissions, duration of stay, and the care provided to people’ 80yo demented grandmas... heaven forbid we talk about end of life care in the ICU

Just watch the value of the alts in BTC vs USD. BTC value has been getting crushed (and may get much worse).

I think it has always been that way. Usually BTC leads the run and sucks the air out of everything. Then alt will get their turns.

One way to reduce healthcare costs would be to reduce the number of ICU beds and admissions, duration of stay, and the care provided to people’ 80yo demented grandmas... heaven forbid we talk about end of life care in the ICU

We tried that and that caused us to get dumber as a society by having to listen to the supreme idiot Sarah Palin talk about “death panels.” It brought down our collective IQ as a nation many points listening to that nonsense almost 10 years ago.

Speak for yourself. There are people who would like to pay for it.

I'm not paying for it.

You should feel free to donate your money to the federal government. You can always write your check for higher than what you owe.

I'll just donate through my charities and church, they seem to have a better grasp on cost reduction and knowing who truly need the help (and not scamming the system).

End of the discussion for the lazy or the people benefitting from the status quo.
I wish I had your bank info, I'd change the status quo on it so fast it'd make your head spin.

Maybe you just want to change other people's status quo instead? Like the limousine liberals who say they're all about helping people but they don't lift a damn finger to actually do it.

Like Leonardo DiCaprio fixing global warming by flying in his private jet everywhere but telling everyone else they shouldn't drive cars anymore.

What ever happened to liberals who just want people to live and let live? Now it seems to be all about controlling other people's lives.

Here’s how to reduce the cost of healthcare.

I'm not paying for it.

You should feel free to donate your money to the federal government. You can always write your check for higher than what you owe.

I'll just donate through my charities and church, they seem to have a better grasp on cost reduction and knowing who truly need the help (and not scamming the system).
I understand not wanting to give money to people scamming the system, but how do people scam healthcare? Isn’t it doctors who decide what to dole out?

No way. It is so pervasive that there are not enough government agencies to arrest all the employers of undocumented, illegal, aliens, whatever the heck you want to call them.

About 2 days after the first employers started getting charged for the crimes they're committing, every other employer would go bug-eyed and tell their illegal labor "sorry, you don't work here any more" ...

It would be disruptive and tumultuous. A whole lot of tomatoes would go unpicked and would rot in the field, this year. You'd have to mow your own stupid lawn.

AND THEN when it became clear there was no legal labor pool to do these jobs - whether important agriculture & construction, trivial tasks like daily towel exchanges at the Motel 6, or unimportant landscaping for people like you - a real, comprehensive, guest worker program could kick off and allow these illegal undocumented immigrants to register. They could move out of the dangerous shadows, pay taxes, enjoy workplace protections that legal workers enjoy and all workers deserve, not be vulnerable to slum lords who maintain substandard housing for poor immigrants because they have no recourse, quit looking over their shoulder for ICE.

They are such an important component of our economy that it would never happen. We like cheap things like stuff made in China and kitchen rebuilds done for $50k in under 2 weeks. There would be a revolt if all of a sudden it went from $10k to redo your roof to $25k because it’s all American citizen workers.

I'm not saying people wouldn't **** themselves for the first weeks/months. I'm saying this is a solution.

Edit: Which is why I support some form of healthcare for “illegals.” I’m benefitting from their work because they mow my lawn for $50 a week instead of $300 a week. The least I could do is chip in a couple bucks to pay for some healthcare. It’s a very complicated problem that goes well beyond the “drug dealers and rapists” that are pouring into our country. There is a enormous component of hardworking people that are contributing to our economy.
You're right - they ARE overwhelmingly good people, hardworking people. They are contributing to the economy. We should be glad people are coming here to realize the American Dream, to work hard, to build better lives for themselves and the rest of us.

Consider the possibility that you're exploiting vulnerable people who are working for you, without benefits, without safety oversight or options for whistleblowing. All to save a few bucks getting your grass cut. Don't pretend you're taking the high road here, by demanding that the cost of the healthcare they might need if they get hurt working for you be distributed to the public.

Edit - I need to chill out a little bit. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
About 2 days after the first employers started getting charged for the crimes they're committing, every other employer would go bug-eyed and tell their illegal labor "sorry, you don't work here any more" ...

It would be disruptive and tumultuous. A whole lot of tomatoes would go unpicked and would rot in the field, this year. You'd have to mow your own stupid lawn.

AND THEN when it became clear there was no legal labor pool to do these jobs - whether important agriculture & construction, trivial tasks like daily towel exchanges at the Motel 6, or unimportant landscaping for people like you - a real, comprehensive, guest worker program could kick off and allow these illegal undocumented immigrants to register. They could move out of the dangerous shadows, pay taxes, enjoy workplace protections that legal workers enjoy and all workers deserve, not be vulnerable to slum lords who maintain substandard housing for poor immigrants because they have no recourse, quit looking over their shoulder for ICE.

I'm not saying people wouldn't **** themselves for the first weeks/months. I'm saying this is a solution.

You're right - they ARE overwhelmingly good people, hardworking people. They are contributing to the economy. We should be glad people are coming here to realize the American Dream, to work hard, to build better lives for themselves and the rest of us.

Consider the possibility that you're exploiting vulnerable people who are working for you, without benefits, without safety oversight or options for whistleblowing. All to save a few bucks getting your grass cut. Don't pretend you're taking the high road here, by demanding that the cost of the healthcare they might need if they get hurt working for you be distributed to the public.

Edit - I need to chill out a little bit. :)

I agree. I am, by no means, advocating the status quo on immigration. However, rounding up and arresting all of the illegals or all their employers is an impractical, enormous, and expensive task. It is not about you or I choosing to exploit them because it is impossible for anyone to function in today’s economy without interacting with someone who employs illegal immigrants. I don’t think it’s a big ask for the richest nation in the world to provide some basic form of healthcare to them all while reforming the immigration system so they can be legal participants in our society.

I mow my own lawn, thank you very much.

I agree. I am, by no means, advocating the status quo on immigration. However, rounding up and arresting all of the illegals or all their employers is an impractical, enormous, and expensive task. It is not about you or I choosing to exploit them because it is impossible for anyone to function in today’s economy without interacting with someone who employs illegal immigrants. I don’t think it’s a big ask for the richest nation in the world to provide some basic form of healthcare to them all while reforming the immigration system so they can be legal participants in our society.

I mow my own lawn, thank you very much.
Not the immigrants. Just the CEOs of their employers, for breaking employment and immigration law. It would fix the problem in a month. The main reason we don't have an executive order about that are all the cronies who make money on illegals.

It's exactly the same legal strategy as with credit cards. Banks couldn't care less about credit card fraud, UNTIL the law made it their problem. Then it dropped significantly virtually overnight.

Illegal immigration (which doesn't respect labor laws) is unfair to the American worker. No other civilized country tolerates it. In many countries, even if you are a legitimate refugee, it doesn't mean that you get resident status automatically, i.e. the right to live and work freely in the country (and not in a refugee camp), let's not mention citizenship, as some ungrateful congresswoman did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the immigrants. Just the CEOs of their employers, for breaking employment and immigration law. It would fix the problem in a month. The main reason we don't have an executive order about that are all the cronies who make money on illegals.

It's exactly the same legal strategy as with credit cards. Banks couldn't care less about credit card fraud, UNTIL the law made it their problem. Then it dropped significantly virtually overnight.

Then wouldn’t our president have to round himself up since he had illegal immigrants working on his properties? Doubt we’ll see an executive order. Illegal immigrant labor is deeply ingrained in our society and our economy. Baseball, apple pie, and illegal immigrant labor; of the 3 we are more likely to give up apple pie before the other 2.

Last edited:
Then wouldn’t our president have to round himself up since he had illegal immigrants working on his properties? Doubt we’ll see an executive order. Illegal immigrant labor is deeply ingrained in our society and our economy. Baseball, apple pie, and illegal immigrant labor; of the 3 we are more likely to give up apple pie before the other 2.
We all know why we haven't seen an executive order. As I said, it would fix the problem virtually overnight.

We all know why we haven't seen an executive order. As I said, it would fix the problem virtually overnight.

“Trickle Down” immigration reform?

And I keep hearing how those policies just don’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.