Point one, when did I say anything about being ok with rape of any incidence? All rape is horrible, repulsive, and should be condemned to the full extent of the law. Trust me, I have two daughters and I'd be in jail before the rapist if one of them was ever submitted to that kind of violent assault.
Point two, don't always trust the "data" blindly. You should know that numbers can be massaged to say anything.
This says that AT LEAST 1 in 4 women will have been raped by the age of 44.
At least 1 in 4 women are raped by the time they turn 44, and that number isn’t budging, a robust new study finds.
www.revealnews.org
Hmmmm, ok....
You also have this...
...data covering 1995-2013 from the dept of justice that says that the incidence of rape OR sexual assault (so the actual rape incidence is gonna be less) for females 12 years old and up is 1.4 per 1000 per year, aka 0.14%. Now that incidence skyrockets to 0.43% during college age years of 18-24. So, if you math it up....
44 years old - 12 years old = 32 years to be raped by the age of 44. Then you take 32 years x ~ 0.2% chance of being raped OR sexually assaulted per year (remember now, that means rape is only a fraction of this number), and that gives you an overall chance of 64 in 1000, or 6.4% chance of being raped OR SEXUALLY assaulted.
Hmmmmmm...
NOW, add in the fact that people like Lena Dunham or this girl might be responding to your survey about whether or not they have been raped
View attachment 283366
And.....well, yeah. 'Nuff said.
So no, I don't believe the 1 in 4 nonsense.
Think about it. It takes two people for a rape to occur, yeah? Hey, there's the first thing I know we all can agree on
😉. And with a 1:1 ratio of males and females in America, I guess that 1 out of 4 men is a rapist?!?!??! No no, that's crazy. I know there are serial rapists, but what percent of rapists are repeat offenders? And how many rapes per serial rapist is typical? I don't know the answer, maybe someone does, but lets just say repeat offenders are responsible for half the rapes in the US. Is that fair? If so, then that leaves us with 1 in 8 women being raped by a one-time offender. Or in other words, 1 in 8 men are rapists. Imagine your anesthesia department. Mine has about 50 guys in it, so what, maybe 6 of them are rapists? And what about your immediate family. Do you have 8 male relatives about the age of 16? I bet most people do. I guess at least one of your family members is statistically a rapist then, right?
You really believe all that?
I go back to my original assertion. If I believed what you believe, I'd be depressed.
Now, as far as your asinine statement about the KKK being "alive and well," all I can say is, you need to turn the MSNBC off and take a look in the real world where the EXTREME MAJORITY of people are not racist at all - except those on college admission boards of course ; ) -
The KKK has roughly 3000 members according to this recent estimate.
"Alive and well?" Nah, that's more like "60 minutes into a code and someone's about to call it."