Winter is Ending Soon, Now What

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only a few more days-weeks to ski/snowboard left in the season. The backcountry can be great at this time of the year but summer is coming and with sumer comes Moto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91n5Rj9WNQ&feature=player_embedded

Time for some enduro rides

Members don't see this ad.

Only a few more days-weeks to ski/snowboard left in the season. The backcountry can be great at this time of the year but summer is coming and with sumer comes Moto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91n5Rj9WNQ&feature=player_embedded

Time for some enduro rides

Anyone do any mountain biking?

I just got a nice used Tassajara off of Craigslist about a month ago. This weekend a friend and I took a ride in the mountains near my house. I bloodied my shins nicely because I used flat pedals. Heading over to the local bike shop to buy some clip-ins over my lunch break.

Anyone do any mountain biking?

I just got a nice used Tassajara off of Craigslist about a month ago. This weekend a friend and I took a ride in the mountains near my house. I bloodied my shins nicely because I used flat pedals. Heading over to the local bike shop to buy some clip-ins over my lunch break.

Yeah, I started out as a mountainbiker and now I do both. What's a Tassajara? I have 3 mtnbikes, 2 Santa Cruz (crosscountry and a downhiller), 1 Dean single speed. Mountainbiking is why I moved to Colo.

BTW, many of my extreme mountainbike buddies went back to flat pedals.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I ride. Retrospectively, I should have bought something else.

big_2010_Suzuki_GSXR750_LE_UK_2.jpg

Chicks dig it though...!!

Last edited:
I mountain bike... it's great... do mostly crosscountry but last year tried out downhill and it's awesome, too bad i need to buy a new bike to handle the mountian. I use clipless pedals and they're great unless you're on a wet trail and you get mud stuck in them. I have friends who are a little more daring than me and do more jumps and tricks and they use flat pedals with really sharp spikes because they can get out of them quicker when they fall, but their shins are really scared up, I just keep mine pretty loose and they work great.

I am having fun cycling but I miss running. Rode 6 hrs on Saturday, 5 hrs on Sunday. I am excited to do some mtb-ing when I get to Durango. I need to buy an all-around full suspension. Do you like your cross country?

Yeah, I started out as a mountainbiker and now I do both. What's a Tassajara? I have 3 mtnbikes, 2 Santa Cruz (crosscountry and a downhiller), 1 Dean single speed. Mountainbiking is why I moved to Colo.

Tassajara's just a Gary Fisher model hardtail mountain bike. Guess it'd be considered a cross country bike.

I'm definitely a beginner with mountain biking, so I would've walked away minorly bloodied regardless of my pedal choice. Seemed like on the few minor jumps I did, my feet were floating off the pedals. Every time I landed with enough overlap to keep myself from racking myself, but yeah, it made me nervous. Perhaps I just need more practice.

Forgive the ignorance here, but for serious downhill stuff, do you have some sort of lift back to the top? Or do you just spend like 9/10 of your day climbing to the top and the last 1/10 hauling ass back down?

Last edited:
I am having fun cycling but I miss running. Rode 6 hrs on Saturday, 5 hrs on Sunday. I am excited to do some mtb-ing when I get to Durango. I need to buy an all-around full suspension. Do you like your cross country?

Dre, have you ever read "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall? I highly, highly recommend it if you like running (which I'm pretty sure I've read other posts indicating you're a big runner.)

It weaves in some crazy personalities, some anthropology/evolutionary science, and some exercise physiology in a really great way. A quality book all around.

Tassajara's just a Gary Fisher model hardtail mountain bike. Guess it'd be considered a cross country bike.

I'm definitely a beginner with mountain biking, so I would've walked away minorly bloodied regardless of my pedal choice. Seemed like on the few minor jumps I did, my feet were floating off the pedals. Every time I landed with enough overlap to keep myself from racking myself, but yeah, it made me nervous. Perhaps I just need more practice.

Forgive the ignorance here, but for serious downhill stuff, do you have some sort of lift back to the top? Or do you just spend like 9/10 of your day climbing to the top and the last 1/10 hauling ass back down?

around here all the snow mountains get converted to downhill mountain biking trails, so you buy a lift ticket and use the ski lift to get up the mountain and then ride down. it's great!

Members don't see this ad :)

Best bike for around here Dre' is probably the Santa Cruz Blur LT. You might as well get one now.:laugh:

Beautiful bike, Sevo.

I rode the rice rockets back when I was in college and had more nuts than brains. Now I stick to the dirt. But I would love to get back on one of those missiles. My favorite back when I was riding was the GSXR750 and the CBR 900RR.

Mammoth Mountain is open till July 4 this year, so my snow season won't end till then. :thumbup:

Summer is hiking season for me though. For whatever reason I've been too chicken$hit to risk life and limb learning to bike at this stage of my life.

BTW check out my friend's kid- trying to become the youngest ever to climb Everest. I've known this kid since he was a baby, and it's just frigging incredible what he's already done and trying to do.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100411/ap_on_re_as/as_nepal_everest

I love my Gixer, but i can' ride it for more than 2 hours. I need a stick of vagisil to my neck and wrists after a while. :mad:

This is what i should have picked up:

2009-Ducati-Streetfighter-2.jpg

2009_Ducati_Streetfighter_S_Motorcycle.jpg

July 4th? Sounds like A-basin. That is just not fair. Little Cali kid has got it going on.

This is what I roll, a 1983 Honda 70 ATC. Chicks dig these too, or so I am told. :cool: Especially with since I just spray bombed the split rims with some rustoleum silver hammer finish and slapped on a fresh set of shoes.

2004%5C04%5C20%5Cbikepics-138378-full.jpg

That is pretty sweet... but do you have one of these?

x-50-300-exploded.jpg

My neighboor has one. Perfect for long boat docks. No effort required. + plenty of drinks to go around. :D

That is pretty sweet... but do you have one of these?

My neighboor has one. Perfect for long boat docks. No effort required. + plenty of drinks to go around. :D

lol I actually had one of those scooters when I was a kid, but it had a 21 cc gas motor. I believe it's still in my folks garage. Maybe i'll have to throw a coleman cooler on it. :laugh:

:love::love:

Love your bike, Sevo.

I had a Hayabusa several years ago.

Still have my orange Shoie helmet with a joker mural...

Seeing your bike makes me want another!:thumbup:

I disagree with your assessment.

The GSXRs are definitely cooler than the Ducatis.

:thumbup: I'll second that. Wish I had some good mountains trails in my corner.