-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wisconsin c/o 2020 applicants
Started by BeamingLight
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any other IS jealous that OOS get to hear first?! LOL
A little, but I'm also glad that I don't have to worry every time my phone rings or debate the pros and cons of having my phone on silent in class.
I would much rather have 60 possible spots at my dream school than 28 😉 trade?Any other IS jealous that OOS get to hear first?! LOL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agree. Too bad I'm fighting for the 28 - 30 spotsI would much rather have 60 possible spots at my dream school than 28 😉 trade?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Huh? I doubt it. It's possible, but, as many other people have said before, some accepted OOS people may not gets calls, even if they are accepted. You may have to stress until mid - next week if you are not called. It's tortuous.So is that it for OOS? All spots taken?
Since its calls by faculty, some don't call and instead you find out your acceptance via mail. Although, Wisconsin typically calls over 3 days... So I'm still holding out hope for tomorrow. After that fingers crossed for good news in the mail!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
All stats are available on their website.Of the in-state people that apply, how many females and how many males do they accept?
Congrats to everyone who got in!!!
Tony
Tony
Last edited:
Not sure @WannabeVet07. Good luck though. Being in-state should help.Hey Guys!!
I was hoping you guys could help me figure out my chances due to a unfortunate dilemma. Just for reference I'll give you my stats:
In-State
GPA: 2.63
GRE:
Q: 43% tile
V: 51% tile
Extra Accolades: Exotic species club treasurer
Pets: Giant Tortoise
So I'm very confident in my academia stats, here is where my dilemma comes in. I'll try to keep this short and to the point. Last summer I was coming home from up-north, and I got pulled over by a State Trooper. Turns out I thought the speed limit on the road was 65 but it was actually 55. Due to this, I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over and had to put it on my application. I ended up using most of my supplemental application to try and explain this but I'm concerned it still might keep me from being accepted to my dream school. What do you guys think?
Congrats to everyone who got in!!!
Tony
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Just got the call, accepted! 🙂 YAY!
For those still waiting, don't lose faith/hope...
For those still waiting, don't lose faith/hope...
And you are my favorite person right now!In the interest of the SDN family I also asked when letters would be sent out and they said they were sent out today!
My wife got (but missed) the call around 3:30. She called back around 5 and got the good news! As you might guess from my handle, I'm pretty jazzed... [emoji898][emoji322][emoji230][emoji893][emoji482]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the call a few hours ago, accepted!!!
In the interest of the SDN family I also asked when letters would be sent out and they said they were sent out today!
Hope you all hear good news real soon!
Congrads! Thanks for checking too. I guess I will wait for the mail tomorrow after all lol.
Don't fret my friend. Keep the faith.So I guess if u didn't get a call you didn't make it for OOS? Since there's only like 25 spots and a lot of people post on here and some don't I feel like 25 was full already.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
I second that! Thank you samiam391And you are my favorite person right now!
Also they tend to accept more spots than are available because they know some people will go elsewhere. So even before the waitlist they have a few extra people. So maybe they have room for 28 but they accept 35, you know? Other schools do that
I hope you guys are right I think I spent a couple of hours tonight with my wife while she couldn't stop crying because Wisconsin did not call( only 1 school left after this one applied to a bunch).I am trying to be the strong one for her because I know this is hard for her but man its extremely hard to watch. I just want her to get in and I would give anything for that to happen as I know its her dream. I know all of you understand. I wish they would let everyone in.
Last edited:
Nothing in the mail today. Thought there might be a slim shot of it coming since I live about an hour away. Hoping Monday's mail brings some news.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nothing in the mail today. Thought there might be a slim shot of it coming since I live about an hour away. Hoping Monday's mail brings some news.
Your mail already came?! Dang, mine doesn't get here until 4:30-5:00pm usually. I'm anticipating a thin white envelope on Monday, but we'll see.
Sorry, but I don't. Then your wife would really be crying when she graduated with all this debt and there were no jobs/an even lower salary. With that being said, there are OOSers that get letters and do not get phone calls, and the waitlist moves quite a bit from what I've read.I hope you guys are right I think I spent a couple of hours tonight with my wife while she couldn't stop crying because Wisconsin did not call( only 1 school left after this one applied to a bunch).I am trying to be the strong one for her because I know this is hard for her but man its extremely hard to watch. I just want her to get in and I would give anything for that to happen as I know its her dream. I know all of you understand. I wish they would let everyone in.
Long time lurker, finally posting! Got my acceptance letter today! I'm IS and wasn't sure I was going to find anything in my mailbox today because of everyone else's posts, but I was pleasantly surprised when I came home from work to find a big brown envelope!!!!!
I hope you guys are right I think I spent a couple of hours tonight with my wife while she couldn't stop crying because Wisconsin did not call( only 1 school left after this one applied to a bunch).I am trying to be the strong one for her because I know this is hard for her but man its extremely hard to watch. I just want her to get in and I would give anything for that to happen as I know its her dream. I know all of you understand. I wish they would let everyone in.
I wish there was something I could tell you to make it better. All I can say is, some things can't be fixed, you can only learn to carry it (pain)
I hope you guys are right I think I spent a couple of hours tonight with my wife while she couldn't stop crying because Wisconsin did not call( only 1 school left after this one applied to a bunch).I am trying to be the strong one for her because I know this is hard for her but man its extremely hard to watch. I just want her to get in and I would give anything for that to happen as I know its her dream. I know all of you understand. I wish they would let everyone in.
I'm lurking I know but this totally broke my heart. Like @TotesMahGoats put it letting everyone in would hurt the job market, but my fingers are crossed that everything works out for her. Vet school is very very hard to get into and many great vets had to apply several times. There's nothing in rejection that defines who you will be as a doctor. Don't let her give up!
Long time lurker, finally posting! Got my acceptance letter today! I'm IS and wasn't sure I was going to find anything in my mailbox today because of everyone else's posts, but I was pleasantly surprised when I came home from work to find a big brown envelope!!!!!
Does anyone who has already been accepted mind sharing some of their information? What was your gpa? Gre? I'm so nervous over here!
IS:Does anyone who has already been accepted mind sharing some of their information? What was your gpa? Gre? I'm so nervous over here!
Cumulative GPA: 3.37 (with 3 years of art school credits weighing it down)
Pre-Vet GPA: 3.82
GRE: Verbal - 153 Quantitative - 156 Analytical - 4.0 (with 1 week of studying)
Additionally: Veterinarian, pet boarding business owner, professor referrals. Countless hours of volunteering and working in the field. Tutored high school and college level courses. Awards and scholarships. First generation student.
Good Luck!
Just got my packet in the mail - that was quick! I'm on the East Coast - I hope you all get good news today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Are you IS I presume?!Just got my packet in the mail - that was quick! I'm on the East Coast - I hope you all get good news today!
Congrats!! Are you IS I presume?!
No, I'm OOS!
Im IS but living temporarily in DC so the wait is great a building patience! Haha Congrats!!No, I'm OOS!
Oh wow! We should meet up! I see your banner says Tufts - are you OOS for UW?I live in DC as well! Hoping we get something today! If it's hit the east coast already then there's a good chance we could receive it.
OOS, on the east coast--I'm an alternate. You guys should be getting letters soon!
They tell you in the letter!
Where do you live? I have a feeling my Chicago mail might take a while too... [emoji30]Mine didn't come in the mail today so I gotta wait more. Hoping for tomorrow though!!
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Central NY so you're a bit closer than I am! Hopefully you find out today!Where do you live? I have a feeling my Chicago mail might take a while too... [emoji30]
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Hubby said no news yet...
I'm at work and in CO.
OOS alternate, but going elsewhere. Good luck everyone!
OMG!! I'm number 3 on the alternate list!! If I don't get into my instate, I think I might have a good chance of getting in here!!! I am so excited!!!!!
Accepted IS [emoji2] (after a waitlist and rejection, third time was apparently the charm!) Good luck to those still stalking their mail carriers!!
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
OMG!! I'm number 3 on the alternate list!! If I don't get into my instate, I think I might have a good chance of getting in here!!! I am so excited!!!!!
WOW congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Haven't heard yet but would like to see where I stand!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, i said goodbye to resident tuition today. rejected. upset 🙁 good luck everyone
Alternate #14, OOS. I already accepted my CSU spot anyways, so good luck to everyone else and I hope my vacant spot bumps someone here up to acceptance 😀
Sorry 🙁well, i said goodbye to resident tuition today. rejected. upset 🙁 good luck everyone
I'm going to like this and other rejection posts out of support just like in that thread... just so you understand I'm not reveling in misery.
Sure.WOW congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Haven't heard yet but would like to see where I stand!
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
Pre-req GPA: 3.98
Last 45: 3.98
GRE: 165 V, 159 Q, 5.5 W
Tons of shadowing hours of small animal, equine, shelter, and swine. 3 years at wildlife rehab, much other animal experience, 2 years research experience. Lots of extracurriculars.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 626