Wisconsin c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate list, OOS #150. I'm pretty disappointed I have to wait at least another year, but at least this time I will be applying IS which may save me money in the long haul. Congratulations to everyone who was awarded a seat and maybe I'll see you there in the future!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
#71 on the OOS wait-list! It sounds like a long shot, but that makes me feel so much better than the rejections I have gotten! I got accepted to MN which is my in-state, but WI OOS tuition is still cheaper because MN is so high, so I would definitely have to consider it if the wait-list happens to move that much 😛 Congrats to everyone who got in!
 
Also OOS and did not receive the email. Seems odd that this would be offered to some but not all.

They only offer it to a handful of OOS students. It's also a possibility that those same students will be offered a scholarship as well. UW does this for some OOS students who they were really impressed with. Kind of like how they call some and not others. Regardless, if you've been accepted as an OOS student, you're considered the best of the best so don't take it negatively if they didn't offer this to you!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What state are you living? I'm in Ohio and I have yet to receive any letter 🙁 I'm beginning to wonder since everyone's been receiving theirs this week.
I'm in Madison, like 20 minutes from the vet school and I still haven't gotten mine either. 🙁
 
Just as a heads up, especially to OOS students who may need to make travel plans, the open house is on March 11th (which is soon!).

If you haven't heard anything yet, I would just call. My friend did that today and they told him the admission committee's decision.
 
I just noticed that, in the admissions packet I received, the letter mentions a form to complete and return to accept/decline the offer, but no such form was enclosed. Did anyone else get the form?
 
I just noticed that, in the admissions packet I received, the letter mentions a form to complete and return to accept/decline the offer, but no such form was enclosed. Did anyone else get the form?
I definitely got this form. If my memory is correct, it was a pinkish colored piece of paper.
 
I feel like this might be a little premature, but I am looking to start a Facebook group for those of us who have been accepted and for sure plan to enroll at Madison for c/o 2020. This was naturally my first choice school since I'm IS. I also realize that not everyone has made a final decision yet. Nonetheless, I am eager to get connected with my future classmates! Especially since I will be on the hunt for housing/roommates/etc within the next couple months. What do you guys think? If no one has made a Facebook group already, I am volunteering to set one up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who submitted the acceptance/open house forms get any sort of acknowledgement of receipt from uw?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
 
I'll be working the Diagnostic Imaging Club booth noon to 1, so swing by and come hear about an awesome club that you should totally be a part of! 🙂
 
The open house tomorrow is 12-4, correct? And where are we supposed to go to check in? I just got into Madison and I forgot all the info back at home :smack: