Withdrawal from a class before Conditional Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an letter of acceptance and its say that u should complete the courses u reported on addsas. I put in my current semester classes on addsas when I applied in June, but I dropped one of them on mid Nov because I fell ill twice during the exams. Dropping this class also means that I drop my minor, which I reported on my ADDSAS. So there is a W on my transcript for that class. Will this cause any change to my acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got an letter of acceptance and its say that u should complete the courses u reported on addsas. I put in my current semester classes on addsas when I applied in June, but I dropped one of them in Oct because I fell ill twice during the exams. Dropping this class also means that I drop my minor, which I reported on my ADDSAS. So there is a W on my transcript for that class. Will this cause any change to my acceptance?
Did you notify schools when you dropped it back in Oct? If you did, and they for sure know about it (dropped the class, and thus dropped the minor), then there shouldn't be any issue, but you should email the school to double check and mention who you talked to/emailed.

On the other hand, if you didn't notify schools, then I think your acceptance may be revoked....

Did you notify schools when you dropped it back in Oct? If you did, and they for sure know about it (dropped the class, and thus dropped the minor), then there shouldn't be any issue, but you should email the school to double check and mention who you talked to/emailed.

On the other hand, if you didn't notify schools, then I think your acceptance may be revoked....
I didn't. But if they really want me to take it, I can take it next semester. Will that work?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, your best bet is to contact the schools directly as they'll have the final say. This doesn't automatically mean that they'll revoke your acceptance, but they have the option to. If you explain why you had to drop the classes, I don't anticipate it being an issue especially if you can take it in the spring.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with Toothinator. Just call/email, and you should be okay.

I think on AADSAS, I said that I would take biochem in the fall, but I ended up taking it in the spring. I did not contact the schools regarding this change right away because it didn't even cross my mind that it could be viewed as a discrepancy. Anyway, when I received the acceptance to my current program, I took all precautions and called/emailed them about everything to make sure they're up to date. I can understand your anxiety about this lol, I felt the same way.

As long as you email them or call them to update them, you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you take all the prereqs before you matriculate obviously. Even if you drop a minor, it's not a big deal, you just need to graduate at the end of the year with a Bachelor's

I agree with Toothinator. Just call/email, and you should be okay.

I think on AADSAS, I said that I would take biochem in the fall, but I ended up taking it in the spring. I did not contact the schools regarding this change right away because it didn't even cross my mind that it could be viewed as a discrepancy. Anyway, when I received the acceptance to my current program, I took all precautions and called/emailed them about everything to make sure they're up to date. I can understand your anxiety about this lol, I felt the same way.

As long as you email them or call them to update them, you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you take all the prereqs before you matriculate obviously. Even if you drop a minor, it's not a big deal, you just need to graduate at the end of the year with a Bachelor's
Yes, I will do that.

Reactions: 1 user
i called and she wants me to inform them via email. She said it was not a big deal.

Reactions: 5 users