withdrawal from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qualified

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you in general get an acknowledgment of your withdrawal from the school you withdrew from?
I withdrew from two and one of them responded to my withdrawal and one didn't.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools acknowledged my withdrawal letters(pre-interview), though in several cases it was a while coming (>1 month). If you are talking post-acceptance withdrawal, I would personally want to have some kind of acknowledgement. If you haven't received anything, I would suggest you call them and make sure they received your letter/fax/whatever. Better than being in a messing situation come May 15!

Whether it's a messy situation, or not depends on when you decided to withdraw... most schools require you to accept their acceptance via signing a form, writing a letter etc. So if you sent a withdrawal letter without ever sending anything to affirm the acceptance you are probably okay. The school would have called you by now to see what was up if they never received any kind of response, as there are many people on waitlists everywhere dying to get in. However if you decided to withdraw AFTER acccepting a place in the class, then you may want some kind of acknowledgement, so you are not holding multiple acceptances after May 15th. I received emails and letters acknowledging withdrawals but as sorrento said they took over a month to arrive.