withdrawing application

Started by Bevo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering if it is possible to withdraw an application once I submit it. I do not know what my MCAT score is but I am wondering if I submit my application to a Texas school if I find that I am not happy applying with my current MCAT score that I can withdraw my application?
 
That's what happened to me two years ago. I took the august mcat and applied with amcas. When I got my score I didn't feel like applying with them.

First I withdrew my AMCAS application (back then it was done by the disk system) but it was too late (no refunds either) so I had to call each school and tell them to withdraw my application.

Quite depressing.