Withdrawing from the same class again!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A0609

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I am currently a freshman on the pre-med track. I took general bio 1 and general chem 1 spring semester. I took the "pass" option instead of keeping my original grade of "C's". I am currently retaking general chemistry 1 again but I am not doing the best. I am considering withdrawing from the class. I know this will hurt my chances of getting into med schools but I plan on working harder in my future pre-requisites. Do you guys think its better if I withdraw from the class or keep going and earn a possible C?

Members don't see this ad.

oof.
i dont think you should've taken it again after taking the pass. so don't do that again for future classes

i would withdraw rather than take a C in your GPA, if you already know you will earn a C

not too sure whether my response is OK, so @Goro what's your view?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm assuming based on what you are saying that if you withdraw now it will be noted on your transcript as a W. Is there any practical way that you could pull up the course at this point to a B-? I might say that you should withdraw, but know that you'll get a question in interviews of why you retook it if you passed, and you should have a good answer in response.

oof.
i dont think you should've taken it again after taking the pass. so don't do that again for future classes

i would withdraw rather than take a C in your GPA, if you already know you will earn a C

not too sure whether my response is OK, so @Goro what's your view?
Agree 100% with my wise young protege.

Reactions: 1 user