You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Working out in scrubs
Started by Neutropix
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A good friend of mine is a dentist and when he gets off at 5 from his private practice, he'll show up in his scrubs if he has other duties to tend to that can't really wait for him to change. No one gives a crap, especially if you're working out at a gym located on the Medical School's campus.
I can promise you, working out at a hardcore strongman gym and at a gym on the medical school campus, no one cares about the med/dental students getting a quick workout after clinicals/classes that require scrubs; before going back to study for quizzes/exams/classes. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who wear their "X College of Medicine" scrubs everywhere to show off. But generally, you can tell who those people are.Yeah, people do give a crap, ESPECIALLY if you're at a gym located on the medical school's campus. Non-medical people might think you're ~cool~ but anybody actually in the field will think you're gross and/or showing off. A few kids who were not in med school would come to our gym in scrubs and my classmates and I all thought they were ridiculous. Also, no matter how busy you are, it's still disgusting! I don't want to get somebody's teeth germs to get on my hands when I pick up a dumbbell.
The only people who give a crap are generally the quiet people sitting in a corner benching 95 lbs. on a barbell for max weight. It doesn't matter what they think. Let me focus on my workout
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can promise you, working out at a hardcore strongman gym and at a gym on the medical school campus, no one cares about the med/dental students getting a quick workout after clinicals/classes that require scrubs; before going back to study for quizzes/exams/classes. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who wear their "X College of Medicine" scrubs everywhere to show off. But generally, you can tell who those people are.
The only people who give a crap are generally the quiet people sitting in a corner benching 95 lbs. on a barbell for max weight. It doesn't matter what they think. Let me focus on my workout
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
If you don’t care that someone is wearing clothes that is very likely carrying infectious diseases and introducing them onto the equipment, then you’ve got issues.
Does it really take all that long to change out of scrubs and put on workout clothes of some sort? Because I’m guessing it would take me about 1 minute tops ...
Actually you’re wrong. People do care just not you. You =/= everyone. It’s fine that you don’t care but don’t make generalizations that can be disproven with a simple google search:I can promise you, working out at a hardcore strongman gym and at a gym on the medical school campus, no one cares about the med/dental students getting a quick workout after clinicals/classes that require scrubs; before going back to study for quizzes/exams/classes. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who wear their "X College of Medicine" scrubs everywhere to show off. But generally, you can tell who those people are.
The only people who give a crap are generally the quiet people sitting in a corner benching 95 lbs. on a barbell for max weight. It doesn't matter what they think. Let me focus on my workout
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Same. I was talking with my non-science adviser who asked me what a cultural artifact was (for use in an essay). I took the MCAT like a month and a half ago and was like .BOOM. Kaplan definition of cultural artifact off the top of my head and he just looks at me like: 0.o 'what are you?'Trust me, I am trying my best to forget that haha
sometimes that mcat vocabulary sneaks in somehow
Only time you'll see me in scrubs is:Anytime I see people out at restaurants, bars, the gym, etc in scrubs I immediately assume they are not a physician because no sane physician would wear contaminated clothing like a tool out after work.
-Performing an autopsy
-Visiting my grandma in the nursing home immediately before work (which is right next door to and owned by the hospital)
-At work
-Grabbing breakfast on the way home from work
Performing an autopsy
I didn’t know RNs performed autopsies.
Feel free to workout in scrubs, but only if you have at least 2 plates on ea h side of the bar.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Feel free to workout in scrubs, but only if you have at least 3 plates on ea h side of the bar.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Fixed that for ya
I workout around lunch time everyday, and a married couple walk in with a suit on. They manage to change within a short amount of time, knockout a sweaty workout and they are out the door by 1:00... Saying that, it shouldn't take that long to change. Now, would I judge you? Nope. I judge those who curl in the squat rack (seriously, why?), slam weights when they dead lift, and those pesky high schooler's that go around "correcting" form, darn whippersnappers!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RNs don't, but autopsy technicians and interns such as myself do.I didn’t know RNs performed autopsies.
Hah I was about to say.Fixed that for ya
Yep that's more like it. 225 ain't ****
Didn’t know you did that. Coolio.RNs don't, but autopsy technicians and interns such as myself do.
Yeah, I started doing it as a volunteer thing for med school, learned a lot. Really helps to see the body in real life instead of just in textbooks,Didn’t know you did that. Coolio.
I get to X-ray, photograph, vivisect, and sew the body up afterwards. Lots of great experience.
OP: If you don't care about what people think why are you asking us what we think? Personally I think wearing scrubs to the gym and then bringing gym germs to work is gross, and bringing hospital germs to the gym is even worse.
I won't let my girlfriend touch me until I change out of my scrubs.
Last edited:
Just to give you guys an update. Have not worked out in scrubs since prior posting. Went to the gym last night however and saw three different people in scrubs during one visit. For some reason it then struck me that one of them could have been an OB nurse and may have very well helped deliver a baby earlier that day. Like ew.
What kind of tool makes fun of someone benching 95 lbs trying to get stronger...
The kind of person who works out in scrubs.
What kind of tool makes fun of someone benching 95 lbs trying to get stronger...
The kind of person who works out in scrubs.
Wow ... this says everything.
The only people who give a crap are generally the quiet people sitting in a corner benching 95 lbs. on a barbell for max weight. It doesn't matter what they think. Let me focus on my workout
Spotted the scrub douche.
Honestly, I do not go to the gym to:
1) Look at others
2) Be looked at
3) Talk with others
4) Be talked to
5) Interact with other human beings in any way, shape, or form other than what is necessary to not get hit in the face by some guy doing hang cleans with horrible form
If you leave me alone and don't STEAL MY STUFF WHILE I'M USING IT you can wear whatever you want.
1) Look at others
2) Be looked at
3) Talk with others
4) Be talked to
5) Interact with other human beings in any way, shape, or form other than what is necessary to not get hit in the face by some guy doing hang cleans with horrible form
If you leave me alone and don't STEAL MY STUFF WHILE I'M USING IT you can wear whatever you want.
Spoken like a true premed
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Honestly, I do not go to the gym to:
1) Look at others
2) Be looked at
3) Talk with others
4) Be talked to
5) Interact with other human beings in any way, shape, or form other than what is necessary to not get hit in the face by some guy doing hang cleans with horrible form
If you leave me alone and don't STEAL MY STUFF WHILE I'M USING IT you can wear whatever you want.
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I cant stand talkers in the gym. Probably worst peeve ever.Spoken like a true premed
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 508
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 352