Worst treatment on a rotation stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ferning

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll start

I'm used to the typical crap treatment and humiliation involved in rotations. And the nominal educational value per the time you spend there, but on my trauma call for surgery I think being sexually "assaulted" takes the hazing on rotations to a new low.

So we were rolling a patient over to remove the backboard when without a verbal prompt to move closer to the stretcher my senior resident takes the back of his hand (I know its supposed to be less secual) and pushes my left ass cheek against the side of the stretcher in a slow and purposeful movement that clearly wasnt intended for his stated reasons.

And I there was no mistaking it. I mean first off I have rolled a patient like a 100 times as an EMT and during rotations. This is several hours into a busy shift and neither him nor anyone had a problem with my clinical performance. My pelvis was maybe 6 inches from the edge of the stretcher as I was waiting for the person next to me to line up. when he pushed me with one cheek, rather than say my back or maybe just telling me to move closer I almost fell over the patient. The guy was in no way going to fall off the stretcher as he wasnt even close to my edge of the bed. And he waited till everyone was lined up and did it out of sight.

Im not gonna say anything because Im over it and its not like he raped me and left me alone from then on. But it was pretty goddamn humiliating on top of all the other accepted typical crap med students get.

And i barely said 2 sentences to him before this or made eye contact where he could possibly think I was inviting this. I'm a straight guy and he's gay from what I gathered from his affect before and after he touched my ass. Thats just to put the story in context and being gay doesnt equate to a sexual deviant from my stating this. Lots of gay and diversity where I go to school which i always and still appreciate.

Just needed to vent and wouldnt mind hearing other stories as Im sure there are much worse.

What a stupid ******* too as he graduates soon and if I said one word his job prospects and definitely fellowships if hes pursuing would be over.

No apology or acknowledgement of the event in the 16 hours left in our shift afterwards. Even when we were in the elevator alone. Which I dont need and is smart on his part maybe but Im still seeing this guy around alot and its starting to piss me off the more I see him and think about it.

Worst school ever

Members don't see this ad.

Report the douchebag.

Although, in retrospect, you missed the optimal timing. You should have told him then and there in front of everyone that you do not appreciate being touched that way...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll start

I'm used to the typical crap treatment and humiliation involved in rotations. And the nominal educational value per the time you spend there, but on my trauma call for surgery I think being sexually "assaulted" takes the hazing on rotations to a new low.

So we were rolling a patient over to remove the backboard when without a verbal prompt to move closer to the stretcher my senior resident takes the back of his hand (I know its supposed to be less secual) and pushes my left ass cheek against the side of the stretcher in a slow and purposeful movement that clearly wasnt intended for his stated reasons.

And I there was no mistaking it. I mean first off I have rolled a patient like a 100 times as an EMT and during rotations. This is several hours into a busy shift and neither him nor anyone had a problem with my clinical performance. My pelvis was maybe 6 inches from the edge of the stretcher as I was waiting for the person next to me to line up. when he pushed me with one cheek, rather than say my back or maybe just telling me to move closer I almost fell over the patient. The guy was in no way going to fall off the stretcher as he wasnt even close to my edge of the bed. And he waited till everyone was lined up and did it out of sight.

Im not gonna say anything because Im over it and its not like he raped me and left me alone from then on. But it was pretty goddamn humiliating on top of all the other accepted typical crap med students get.

And i barely said 2 sentences to him before this or made eye contact where he could possibly think I was inviting this. I'm a straight guy and he's gay from what I gathered from his affect before and after he touched my ass. Thats just to put the story in context and being gay doesnt equate to a sexual deviant from my stating this. Lots of gay and diversity where I go to school which i always and still appreciate.

Just needed to vent and wouldnt mind hearing other stories as Im sure there are much worse.

What a stupid ******* too as he graduates soon and if I said one word his job prospects and definitely fellowships if hes pursuing would be over.

No apology or acknowledgement of the event in the 16 hours left in our shift afterwards. Even when we were in the elevator alone. Which I dont need and is smart on his part maybe but Im still seeing this guy around alot and its starting to piss me off the more I see him and think about it.

Worst school ever

Unless I am not understanding the situation, I don't see any intentional harassment here.
BTW, he didn't "grab your ass" he "pushed your ass" closer to the stretcher. And I love how you assume he's gay purely on affect. Doesn't matter how many times you've moved a patient (he may not have known your prior experience) maybe he just felt uncomfortable with how far away you were. Was he giving you the :naughty: face or something? That changes everything. :oops:

As a woman I have had men make things I say into sexual innuendos in front of attendings when I was presenting a patient, have been manhandled and grabbed and pulled places by underneath my arm a few steps... I have had a couple occasions where patients make sexual comments about me (in front of attendings, too!:eek:).... but I never really thought twice about it until you brought this subject up. I'm not running to the director over little things like that.

Reactions: 1 user
There was no mistaking it and it was based on his affect in retrospect of him ok not "grabbing" but back handing my ass slowly. Are you seriously splitting hairs? I was just trying to vent and maybe allow others.

It was the most unituitive way to direct someones body for purposes other than making a move. And yea he totally gave me a look. I know I'm irresistable so I'm giving him a pass, but if I simulated the move on someone else or made a youtube video with a mannequin people would be like yea thats equivalent to grabbing an ass. What a piece of work you are huh, thinking guys making sexual innuendos which we do when women arent around has something to do with their sexual attraction to you. I was trying to relate and maybe say I can now empathize with the humiliation a women feels when this happens. Though i didnt need the experience to understand how vile and offensive it must be.

And patients are not held to the standard of coworkers, a patient making a sexual innuendo (probably nothing to do with u) that you then cry to the attending about would tell them you clearly dont have the capacity to deal with patients.

But I'm glad these horrible innuendos you cried to us about on my thread. I had a woman patiet lift her gown to unnecessarily to exhibit her vagina while her leg bandage was being changed by another student. I didnt say crap cause its a patient and apparently she made direct sexual remarks to other students as well. Not even an "innuendo".

Its over and done with for me. I never said I was running to a director.

I cant believe the only women who posted replied with a lame cry baby tale about an innuedos. You are probably the least sexually harassed woman alive. The ass punch or whatever was straight sexual with no other motive. And even if it was someone maneuvering me with my left ass cheek unwelcomed it is unacceptable. When the hell does anyone direct somebodys body in the fashion I described. He is just slightly shorter than me, he had to bring himself lower in order to make this move. And he waited to everyone else was situated and couldnt see my back.

Sounds like youre upset you are a chick and have never been so blatantly sexually harassed. Thanks for making me regret venting on an anonymous forum to be insulted and hear your idiotic story. Ugly is still ugly chick, your female gender isnt making you privy to this particular humiliation. Your "blame the victim" mentality is something I expected from a guy.

I signficantly explained myself on the gay issue and that it wasnt an issue, but a creep issue. It just has a particular component that is difficult for a guy when its another guy that maybe girls cant appreciate. But I dont need to explain myself to you like im some biggot. I was telling a story that felt incomplete if i left it out. And I dont know what world you are living in where the gay men community doesn't have an affect that can SOMETIMES clue you in to their sexual orientation. My cousins gay and when he was with my sister at a bar he was talking to a dude and when he asked him if my sister was his girlfriend, he totally changed his affect to say no and no woman is.

I'm not saying the affect is "bad" or 100% accurate but saying it doesnt exist at all seems overly politically correct as to be idiotic. It crossed my mind he was gay before based on some aspects of his persona like can happen unintentionally when you meet someone. I didnt even think about it till after the move. Maybe I should have left the affect part out but I was telling the story and reflecting on it and just being honest about what I was thinking. Im sure once you open your mouth any move a guy put on u in your dreams was instantly regretted. Start your own thread if you want the floor you egocentric loser

Last edited:
Report the douchebag.

Although, in retrospect, you missed the optimal timing. You should have told him then and there in front of everyone that you do not appreciate being touched that way...

Agreed I missed it.

though when it happened, after the half a second it took me to realize what just took place (and his back hand was still on my ass cause it was there for like a solid 4-5 seconds), we were then moving him off the backboard. And then I just felt red and pathetic. Saying anything about it out loud in front of others was the last thing on my mind. Which now makes me realize why he did it in such a public forum, as I would have if it was just me and him there. Like "hey what the ****".

This now pisses me off more cause that makes me realize it was more deliberate and premeditated then I thought or likely something he has done before. I'm gonna say something to him next time I see him maybe to at least have him know that it was ****ed up and I dont want to read about him in the future doing it to someone else. I was giving him a total pass but he did this before now I bet, which is alot more devious. The program is pretty damn malignant and I actually felt bad for him during m&m today when he got grilled by an attending to a bug.

"I know I'm irresistable"

Are you now? :confused: We might need some proof. Maybe if you were uglier, had bad fashion, or were fat, he wouldn't have grabbed your booty.

But in all seriousness, you could have just made a casual comment like "Dude, did you really touch my booty back there?" or something. I'm not sure how someone's affect tells you that he's gay though...

Ok i dont have a "booty" and I'm not gonna be making a scene in front of a patient who just fell off his roof. He ducked right after he did it too to another trauma bay. Whatever, the point wasnt whether it happned cause i dont need you dildos to believe me.

The point was to start a thread so if some crazy crap happned to someone else they could vent in a therapeutic manner. Or advice if it was really out of line. I dont need advice and its over. And believe me if there was any benign interpretation of the move I would happily have believed it that night. Why would I make this up anyway? Med students are seriously the most annoying people ever. So competitive, neurotic, paranoid, and egocentric. If anyone else did what I described to someone else in attempt to "position" them you would be dismissed from med school the next day, gurantee it.

Even the innuendo victim chick, go do that to another chick and see how quickly the hair pulling starts.

My written impression of you talking to yourself as you type your post:
"Eh this didn't happen, why is he crying to us. The guy was probably honestly positioning him with his left ass cheek. Eh thats nothing compared to all the innuendos I hear which are worse than someone putting their hand on my ass while moving a patient. Eh. Eh he just hates homosexuals, how dare he get offended by this guy putting his hand on his ass. Eh thats bigotery. Eh poor me, a guy on my team said hello when I know thats code for I want to touch your boobs Eh"

The "Eh" i imagine as a half scowl and very nasal

And Ok not affect, but tone of voice, choice of words and mannerisms. Although tone of voice and mannerisms kind of make up affect. Ok I guess im the only ******* who finds some consistency in these things in gay men

The guy in retrospect was looking like a lose canon yesterday and was kind of psychotic in the way he continued to horribly defend himself at m&m while the attending grilled him. He maybe having a nervous breakdown or maybe he was post call

If he has the nervous breakdown, I can give him a moral pass for the move.

Whatever the attempt at constructive focusing of my anger and humiliation has backfired into arguing with the chuckle head *****s that make up this forum and medicine.

No! He can't get more sexually assaulted my resident than me! No! He just can't recognize the good old left butt cheek with the back of your gloved hand 5 second shove when you someone to move closer to a stretcher! You dont ask, you just use that standard student positioning method from Bates!

I swear I live in a nightmare without any adult humans

Last edited:
I understand that you were super uncomfortable with the whole thing, but I really think you should consider that you might have interpreted this in an incorrect and really quite harmful fashion.

I think being sexually "assaulted" takes the hazing on rotations to a new low.

Okay, for starters: at the absolute worst, this is sexual harassment. Calling it sexual assault (even with the quotation mark qualifiers) is severely exaggerating the situation, even if you were interpreting it correctly.

"Stated reasons"? What was this statement? And it would be incredibly unusual for someone to touch you with the back of their hand. Ask any woman who's ever been groped, that's not the part of the hand they're using.

My pelvis was maybe 6 inches from the edge of the stretcher as I was waiting for the person next to me to line up. when he pushed me with one cheek, rather than say my back or maybe just telling me to move closer I almost fell over the patient. And he waited till everyone was lined up and did it out of sight.

Regardless of if YOU thought you were close enough, he may have had a different preference (I'm sure you've met surgeons who are anal about everything being done in a very particular way). Did you consider that he might have done it non-verbally and out sight to avoid embarrassing you by correcting you in front of your peers? In any case, shoving you nearly off-balance would also be a really unusual form of flirtation (unless he was a six year-old boy, in which case he may also have put a spider in your lunchbox).

Obviously not over it, given the anger and defensiveness you're showing. And how much longer were you on this rotation with him? I really doubt that he was interested in coming on to you that he would make one attempt and drop it. The reason actual sexual harassment is so painful is that it is oppressive and makes the workplace unbearable. In any case, I'm happy to hear you didn't say anything.

You see, this was the part where your post started to make sense. You thought he was gay. This made you uncomfortable. The back of his hand touched the back of your butt, and in your discomfort the only interpretation you could see was that this was intentional and he was coming on to you. Followed by examples to prove that no, of course not, I'm totally fine with gay people, this is a totally unbiased evaluation of what happened, why do you ask? (In psych they call that 'reaction formation'.) (In the military, it used to be called 'don't ask, don't tell'.)

You are absolutely correct. Allegations of sexual harassment or "assault" can ruin your career. Which is why you've got to make sure that this is really what's going on. This does not appear to be the case.

Worst school ever

Clearly, as this is the worst thing that's ever happened to you there.

There was no mistaking it and it was based on his affect in retrospect of him ok not "grabbing" but back handing my ass slowly. Are you seriously splitting hairs?

Yes. One version of that statement fits with sexual harassment. The other does not.

I was just trying to vent and maybe allow others.

I was hoping that's what this thread would be! And I suppose you are venting, but really, it seems like you're doing so here because on some level you know that this is BS and you would be laughed at for bringing it up to the program director (in pysch they call this 'displacement'). And it really seems like this thread is more for you than anyone else, though I can imagine putting the 'hey let's all share' label on it makes you feel better about it. (Psychiatrists call that 'rationalizing'.)

It was the most unituitive way to direct someones body for purposes other than making a move. And yea he totally gave me a look. I know I'm irresistable so I'm giving him a pass, but if I simulated the move on someone else or made a youtube video with a mannequin people would be like yea thats equivalent to grabbing an ass.

The ass punch or whatever was straight sexual with no other motive. And even if it was someone maneuvering me with my left ass cheek unwelcomed it is unacceptable. When the hell does anyone direct somebodys body in the fashion I described. He is just slightly shorter than me, he had to bring himself lower in order to make this move. And he waited to everyone else was situated and couldnt see my back.

On the contrary, it could be a very intuitive way to get you to move, while being (as mentioned above) a really terrible way to come on to you. Was his arm already down? Did he have something in his hand? Keep in mind that an arm down at the side is right at butt-level, and if he's a little shorter it lines up even better. If he realizes just as he's passing behind you that you should be closer, it's actually a very reasonable move, unless touching another guy's butt is a big huge deal. Regardless, I'm looking forward to said YouTube video.

What a piece of work you are huh, thinking guys making sexual innuendos which we do when women arent around has something to do with their sexual attraction to you.

And now I'm assuming we're into your response to the first person to question your story. From what she said, it sounds like she was referring to interacting with a patient who started making a sexually suggestive comment directly to her. Scumbag men do this all the time, and yes, it is a personal attack and it's silly to suggest otherwise.

I was trying to relate and maybe say I can now empathize with the humiliation a women feels when this happens. Though i didnt need the experience to understand how vile and offensive it must be.

Again, I think you're latching onto an experience that women describe, and trying to label your experience as that because it justifies your anger, which is the only expression you seem to be finding for your discomfort. In any case, no, I don't think you get it, at least not entirely.

And patients are not held to the standard of coworkers, a patient making a sexual innuendo (probably nothing to do with u) that you then cry to the attending about would tell them you clearly dont have the capacity to deal with patients.

No, crying about that would be a little wimpy (though it might be justified in cases of serious and/or physical aggression), but she didn't. And both the individual patients and your 'one time with the one resident' fall under the category of random unpleasantness that happens in life, not the institution-level 'my school sucks' thing you're trying to turn this into.

But I'm glad these horrible innuendos you cried to us about on my thread. I had a woman patiet lift her gown to unnecessarily to exhibit her vagina while her leg bandage was being changed by another student. I didnt say crap cause its a patient and apparently she made direct sexual remarks to other students as well. Not even an "innuendo".

Oh my goodness! You saw a part of the human body during your job as someone who works directly with the human body! I admire your restraint in not rushing to immediately notify your director that you were violated. And again, direct sexual comments: obnoxious and uncomfortable, and never something you should continue to tolerate, but fortunately something that most grown-ups have adequate psychological defenses against.

I cant believe the only women who posted replied with a lame cry baby tale about an innuedos. You are probably the least sexually harassed woman alive... Sounds like youre upset you are a chick and have never been so blatantly sexually harassed. Thanks for making me regret venting on an anonymous forum to be insulted and hear your idiotic story. Ugly is still ugly chick, your female gender isnt making you privy to this particular humiliation. Your "blame the victim" mentality is something I expected from a guy.

Okay, here's where you truly flew off the deep end. Really? You're responding as if she was trying to say that she was really scarred by her experiences and that she was crying to her director about these horrible things that have happened. In reality, she was sharing the everyday experience of (real, intentional) sexual harassment that women face, and saying that yeah, it happens, and while it sucks, I'm a professional and it's not too big that I can't handle it. Your interpretation of her response really calls in to question your ability to interpret the intentions of others (such as your resident).

And the personal attacks are both wildly inappropriate and utterly unrelated to any reality that could be read into her post. Really? Look, you posted this and expected women to come flocking in say, 'oh, you poor thing, we completely understand, yes you are justified in your disgust at being so utterly violated.' Instead, they call you on the fact that you're blowing this out of proportion, and you get nasty. Oh, really, she's just wishing she was on the receiving end of more sexual harassment? That the only reason a woman wouldn't agree with you is that she just hasn't experienced the MAGNITUDE of sexual assault that you have (because obviously she must be ugly), and she's jealous? This is the most arrogant and chauvinistic attitude I've seen in a long time. Again, you're trying to label your experience with one of theirs, and when they say, "uhh, no", you continue attempting to hide in that assumed identity by flipping around the accusation of 'blaming the victim'.

I signficantly explained myself on the gay issue and that it wasnt an issue, but a creep issue. It just has a particular component that is difficult for a guy when its another guy that maybe girls cant appreciate. But I dont need to explain myself to you like im some biggot. I was telling a story that felt incomplete if i left it out. And I dont know what world you are living in where the gay men community doesn't have an affect that can SOMETIMES clue you in to their sexual orientation. My cousins gay and when he was with my sister at a bar he was talking to a dude and when he asked him if my sister was his girlfriend, he totally changed his affect to say no and no woman is.

I'm not saying the affect is "bad" or 100% accurate but saying it doesnt exist at all seems overly politically correct as to be idiotic. It crossed my mind he was gay before based on some aspects of his persona like can happen unintentionally when you meet someone. I didnt even think about it till after the move. Maybe I should have left the affect part out but I was telling the story and reflecting on it and just being honest about what I was thinking.

Again, you're super defensive about the fact that no, I definitely definitely don't have a problem with gay people, no sir, why do you ask? And I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with the story about your gay cousin being mistaken for a straight guy was, but what it seems to tell me is that 'gaydar' is really unreliable. Why should we trust yours?

Im sure once you open your mouth any move a guy put on u in your dreams was instantly regretted. Start your own thread if you want the floor you egocentric loser

Yeah! This is MY thread where only I get to whine (even though I pretended to invite you to do so too)! And everyone needs to agree with me! No, YOU'RE the one who's hyperreactive and ready to accuse someone of sexual harassment at the drop of a hat! (Psych again: this is projection, kids!)

Agreed I missed it.

though when it happened, after the half a second it took me to realize what just took place (and his back hand was still on my ass cause it was there for like a solid 4-5 seconds), we were then moving him off the backboard. And then I just felt red and pathetic. Saying anything about it out loud in front of others was the last thing on my mind. Which now makes me realize why he did it in such a public forum, as I would have if it was just me and him there. Like "hey what the ****".

Actually, sexual harassment is usually more private. The mindset is not "they're not going to like this, therefore I should do it in front of other people so that they can't say anything". It's more, "I'm going to try this in private so that if this person does want me (and why wouldn't they?), we can get it on!" Again, I hear that you were uncomfortable, and as ridiculous as you've been in this thread, you do have the right to have the feelings you have. I hope you find a healthier and more effective way to express that.

This now pisses me off more cause that makes me realize it was more deliberate and premeditated then I thought or likely something he has done before. I'm gonna say something to him next time I see him maybe to at least have him know that it was ****ed up and I dont want to read about him in the future doing it to someone else. I was giving him a total pass but he did this before now I bet, which is alot more devious.

You're now extrapolating from an already-flawed assumption (that the way he touched you was deliberate and sexually-intentioned) to an even more ridiculous conclusion (that it was calculated in advance and that he has done this before). Part of me wants you to say something to him, so he can laugh, the misunderstanding can be cleared up, and possibly a surprise plot twist where you find out he's not even gay (whoops). On the other hand, I don't know that I'd want to subject him to a conversation with your irrational, fixed belief that perseverates in spite of evidence to the contrary. (Oh, hey, that's called 'delusion'!)

The program is pretty damn malignant and I actually felt bad for him during m&m today when he got grilled by an attending to a bug.

Well, at least we know you're not burdened with Antisocial Personality Disorder.

In conclusion, I really doubt that you were sexually harassed by your resident. There are a number of things that just don't seem to fit the pattern, and there's an alternative explanation that makes a lot more sense. It's like a guy has chest pain associated with a burning feeling, worse with lying down and spicy foods, and better with antacids, but you keep insisting that no, he has chest pain, and the only reason is that it's an MI. Also, gastroenterologists are ugly and jealous or something. But clearly there's some emotional charge to this for you, it appears to be your discomfort around his perceived sexuality, and you're displaying some classic defense mechanisms to deal with it.

I know I've been less than gentle in my (overly long) commentary here. Again, you have the right to be uncomfortable. You do not have the right to make wild, baseless accusations in attempt to deal with it, not here and certainly not to anyone who might have a say in his career. I'm sorry it was weird, and while I'm offended by your attitude, I really do hope you can sort that out, whatever it is.

(End psychiatric case study)

Dude read my last post, as I'm too tired to read past the first 2 sentences of what I saw was the same post everyone else had

I can't believe a person with a star wars avatar is telling me what happened and what I can and cant do in this situation, you must be totally detached from reality to think you are obi wan dishing out wisdom. I said i wasnt saying crap but venting anonymously so why the hell do I have to make sure of anything? I could ask him for an apology when i saw him again and I'm 95% sure he would give it to me. If i made up a story to post it would be alot more interesting and gruesome.

I'm not living in the jedi world like you and I'm sure you misinterpret people laughing at you as laughing with you. Whats the other interpretation? Who has ever in the history of time used that type of physical contact to move some forward 5 inches, besides the fact youu ask the mother****er first. Beyond the fact that I was already at the appropriate distance and moving me forward just shoved me almost over the patient who was still not cleared from c spine.

Why do you think you have a better idea of what happned than me? Whats my angle from this? If I had an ounce of doubt I wouldnt have posted the story

And the legal definition of sexual assault includes sexual touching of another who has not consented. I go out and the street now and grab a girls tits and you bet your ass I will be charged with sexual assault. But I have no idea why he even bring this up when I clearly stated it wasnt a big deal like some women deal with or rape.

Are you so pathetic that you feel the need to engage me in the same points the other 2 posters made? Are all 3 of you chuckle heads sharing the same noxious brain

Go do the move I said and you will be looking at expulsion from med school, I'm not some delicate rose who misinterprets things. But wanted to vent on a ******* forum because it was pretty humiliating on top of all the other scut work and hazing that is standard from the junior resident, while there 24 hrs and getting nominal educational value from fetching crap

I said i dont need your approval to interpret what happened, as its not like you were there to provide a counter witness to what happned

Holy **** jedi, you are lucky you are not saying this **** to my face

You are grasping at air at every angle for this guy and i have no idea. You make a legal judgement to begin incorrectly when all u had to do was wiki the term, and did you make the argument that there is only one way to sexually touch a person and that is with a formal grope?

So I can go around and start rubbing the back of my hands on a womans ass and breasts but it doesnt count cause my hand is not turned around? You are autistic I think because no one else is this inflexibly stupid. People get jerked off using each others feet, but thats also not sexual because there is no "grope" despite semen between the toes?

You would make a horrible lawyer so hopefully u finish med school

And people usually stop when there first attempt was shot down or the persons face is beat red in shock.

But I like how you know when and when people do not experience pain. The first time secually harassed is ok and not painful, but painful after repeated times.

I think I'm outing this guy just to spite you now, I think the nurse might have seen him to do it or move weird but wasnt gonna be the one to bring it up.

Thanks for turning my mind around on the matter as the pass has been revoked

Go do some OM, you insecure overcompensating POS

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Honestly, did not expect much from you in response, but I really don't want to hear about a medical student taking down a resident for no good reason, and I guess some part of me hoped you might understand what you were doing. Again: this stuff ruins careers. Don't do that to a guy who didn't do anything to you.

You say you didn't read past the first two sentences, and yet tell me that I'm just saying the same things everyone else is. Note how even though each of the first two people you've labeled as 'chuckleheads' actually agreed with and/or validated parts of what you said, and that all three of us discussed different aspects of the situation, you've lumped us together as 'all bad'. Not to belabor the defense mechanisms theme, but that would be 'splitting'.

I feel I've responded to you thoroughly in the post above. Maybe you'd consider reading it before directing your personal attacks at me. After all, I did take the time to sift through the story that you posted up there.

Is it possible that you're right? Sure. Is it possible that I'm wrong? Of course. But the story you've told is going to be the version of the truth that most closely supports your conclusion. And even with that skewed in your favor, the story simply does not add up. Frankly, you don't exhibit any sort of insight that makes me think that I should take your word for it.

Dude no one asked for jerkoff opinion, if you read the thread it was an opportunity for others to vent or if they had a good story. I wasn't asking for the mindless babble you so glibbly typed

Whatever I say to anyone further is my business and I wasn't asking for advice, unsolicited advice is usually unwanted you should remember

And if an employer decides not to hire a physician for puttting his hand on med students ass cheeks I'm going to say that maybe that good pass on their part. Its probably prudent not to pay someone to take care of patients, when they can't helpthemselves from making a move on a student in the middle of a patient encounter. If it was outside the patient encounter still not ok, but in the middle of one is like you have no respect for that student and no respect for the patient

And lastly why the **** should I be prioritizing this guys career over my own indignation at him using my inability to turn around and knock his teeth out cause Im holding a patient, as well as say anything cause unless its happened to you before its a weird shameful feeling right after it happens and you do nothing

But i was fine till I had to read your dildo analysis, cause you think youre sigmund freud into your psych rotation but you sound like an 8 year old pretending to be a doctor. I doubt it works in person either

But I feel better after mocking your lame posts in other threads. Everything you post reads like a badly written advice column.

Everytime you post in a thread it basically ends, and you don't get that your advice to wear a clean shirt to rotations and to call in several weeks before to check the dress code for a site makes you sound like a serial killer

Last edited:
Why are your posts always so long :confused:

It's hard to take you seriously when you attack and question every single poster, none who have said one negative thing. I can't name anything wrong the last person, who took lots of time to go over your post, did.

This sounds overly dramatic. I hope you got a good chance to chill and relax :D

You still haven't proved that you are even close to irresistible...haha

Members don't see this ad :)
There was no mistaking it and it was based on his affect in retrospect of him ok not "grabbing" but back handing my ass slowly. Are you seriously splitting hairs? I was just trying to vent and maybe allow others.

It was the most unituitive way to direct someones body for purposes other than making a move. And yea he totally gave me a look. I know I'm irresistable so I'm giving him a pass, but if I simulated the move on someone else or made a youtube video with a mannequin people would be like yea thats equivalent to grabbing an ass. What a piece of work you are huh, thinking guys making sexual innuendos which we do when women arent around has something to do with their sexual attraction to you. I was trying to relate and maybe say I can now empathize with the humiliation a women feels when this happens. Though i didnt need the experience to understand how vile and offensive it must be.

I cant believe the only women who posted replied with a lame cry baby tale about an innuedos. You are probably the least sexually harassed woman alive. The ass punch or whatever was straight sexual with no other motive. And even if it was someone maneuvering me with my left ass cheek unwelcomed it is unacceptable. When the hell does anyone direct somebodys body in the fashion I described. He is just slightly shorter than me, he had to bring himself lower in order to make this move. And he waited to everyone else was situated and couldnt see my back.

Sounds like youre upset you are a chick and have never been so blatantly sexually harassed. Thanks for making me regret venting on an anonymous forum to be insulted and hear your idiotic story. Ugly is still ugly chick, your female gender isnt making you privy to this particular humiliation. Your "blame the victim" mentality is something I expected from a guy.

I'm not saying the affect is "bad" or 100% accurate but saying it doesnt exist at all seems overly politically correct as to be idiotic. It crossed my mind he was gay before based on some aspects of his persona like can happen unintentionally when you meet someone. I didnt even think about it till after the move. Maybe I should have left the affect part out but I was telling the story and reflecting on it and just being honest about what I was thinking. Im sure once you open your mouth any move a guy put on u in your dreams was instantly regretted. Start your own thread if you want the floor you egocentric loser

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI[/YOUTUBE]

The strangest thing about all of this is that ferning sent me a PM stating "I am glad you shared your experiences," and then I was shocked at the hurtful crap he spewed off in this thread. I would rather deal with sexual innuendoes from my peers and patients everyday then meet you in person, ferning.

Thank you JediZero for your replies. I know I don't have the energy to spend on this guy. The funny thing is I only shared my experiences because I thought this was a thread about everyone's experiences, not just the OP's... who definitely has some issues. Saying to someone that I only wished I was sexually harassed more due to jealousy is twisted and cruel. In all honesty I personally don't think I was personally sexually harassed, I felt like my experiences were just "the worst treatment during rotation," as this thread implies. Scary to think we could be working with these kinds of people in the workplace.

Oh LAWD. OP has gone off the deep end. Favoriting this thread. I see massive walls of text that I will eventually get to. In the meantime, carry on.

All I got to was "I'm irresistible" and started laughing. Then you get mad at other people. Vent if you want, but don't sit here and expect everyone to agree with you in some big pity party.

Bet you fiddy bucks the senior resident is a straight metrosexual, and the OP is the guilty one!

Bet you fiddy bucks the senior resident is a straight metrosexual, and the OP is the guilty one!

I wish

Do metrosexuals exist anymore? Thats like 10 years ago.

Ok yea this was all a ruse for the pity party I always wanted but could never attract the sexual assault I so desperately desired.

This was all to fool you guys and your bull**** detectors were on high alert. Now why don't you all go back to your holes.

I'll start

Worst school ever

A gay guy just made you his bitch :laugh:

Ferning spends the entire thread cussing out other members, calling them serial killers, losers, dildos and worse and all that happens is a generalized 'keep it civil' to the entire thread?

Does SD allow members to actively degrade and verbally attack (and cuss out) others without any kind of reprimand or ban?

he wants the d,
and lol i did not read the walls of text

DOnt feel bad he was just checking your goods.
He is a training surgeon so i bet he has good sensitivity even on the backside of his hand.

On a serious note, it was probably a move with sexual nature, sometimes after a long day of work, the primal instincts surface, just like it is in the navy, very difficult for you to prove it anyway, let it go man. Not worth it.

Last edited:
I wish

Do metrosexuals exist anymore? Thats like 10 years ago.

Ok yea this was all a ruse for the pity party I always wanted but could never attract the sexual assault I so desperately desired.

This was all to fool you guys and your bull**** detectors were on high alert. Now why don't you all go back to your holes.

I just think it's funny that you thought he was gay due to "mannerisms". You and I agree that there are tons of gay people that don't have those, and tons of straight people that have those certain characteristics as well.

All I was saying is that maybe you're jumping to conclusions...unless you asked if he was gay! He could be straight for all you know, which makes perfect sense.

And most importantly:

What proof do you have that you are irresistible? :naughty:

All in all ferning, it's over and done, and it seems that you are 100% over it, without feeling any anger whatsoever. Basically, it had no negative affect on you whatsoever haha.

No its cool, gay wasnt the issue I was just trying to tell the story from my subjective view flawed or not. making an educated guess about someones sexuality is yes not 100% accurate, but I am not sure how germane that it was to the point of the story though its the foci for you guys.

Generation Y is seriously the worst. Rent the Birdcage with Robin williams and maybe you guys can see the one extreme of what I am talking about, which offf course is not 100% specific or sensitive but the hand on the ass improves the positive predictive value.

I just know now to remain silent....the next time I am violated....

Last edited:
Prometheus: You're welcome. You didn't deserve that, and I do hope you never have to meet him.

I know I kept sprinkling in psych references, but it's not often you get a chance to distinguish those defense mechanisms in a "real world" case. Like I said, it's an interesting psych case study. Really quite remarkable.

To those intimidated by the wall of text, the tl;dr: OP took a situation that made him uncomfortable, stretched the bounds of imagination to make it look like sexual assault, and then made petty insults to everyone who disagreed. Pretty entertaining, really.

Is this thread real? Really? This must be a joke. Seriously. Another guy patted the side of his butt and he called someone else's comments about how she's being constantly inappropriately grabbed, dragged, and pulled "trivial" in comparison. Don't get me wrong, sexual harassment = bad in any form, but really? This could have easily been a misunderstanding, I mean it was even the back of his hand. He was probably just trying to get you to move.

As a physician, you have to repeatedly touch people in sensitive areas for reasons that in many cases are probably not all clear to the patient. If some guy pushing the side of your butt with the back of his hand made you that uncomfortable, God only knows how patients feel when they are poked and prodded.

Lol

Solid trolling OP

Agreed, props

And the poster I respnded to was the victim of "innuendos", or at least was her main gripe. And I only responded in this way because the post was an unprovoked undermining of my own story. Just cause one person deals with more, somehow means that no one else can take issue with less? Its a post to vent, not a civil case or formal complaint where I expected someone to get so indignant about someone else's gripe

The physical contact wasn't labeled sexual or specifically described by that poster, but I clearly stated in my original story that it wasn't as serious as when this happens to a woman. Though I hardly think morally tolerating minor instances somehow mitigates what happens in major instances. If anything it paves the way for the behavior to lead from minor to major in the person who carries out the act.

I think I know non-sexual physical contact with the intent to move a person physically, which I have experienced, vs that with a sexual intent.

This thread is clearly a disaster and I totally contributed to it by including the sexual orientation, which is a noncontributing factor, and being baited in to arguing with people about the veracity or the accuracy of my interpretation of the events. We agree to disagree which is no big deal, but caught me off guard and agitated already

I just didn't expect the thread to focus on my story as I thought others might feel the need to vent anonymously about things that happened that they kept to themselves

I'm washing my hands of this thread and done with the story. But, if anyone wants to vent in the future I hope I didn't screw it up for them.

Last edited:
How hard did this guy push on your ass cheek? You are at DEFCON 1 levels of butthurt.

Stop bitching on the internet, stop being a crybaby. Confront him in person and if he gives you **** then go tell your superiors what he did.

Agreed, props

And the poster I respnded to was the victim of "innuendos", or at least was her main gripe. And I only responded in this way because the post was an unprovoked undermining of my own story. Just cause one person deals with more, somehow means that no one else can take issue with less? Its a post to vent, not a civil case or formal complaint where I expected someone to get so indignant about someone else's gripe

The physical contact wasn't labeled sexual or specifically described by that poster, but I clearly stated in my original story that it wasn't as serious as when this happens to a woman. Though I hardly think morally tolerating minor instances somehow mitigates what happens in major instances. If anything it paves the way for the behavior to lead from minor to major in the person who carries out the act.

I think I know non-sexual physical contact with the intent to move a person physically, which I have experienced, vs that with a sexual intent.

This thread is clearly a disaster and I totally contributed to it by including the sexual orientation, which is a noncontributing factor, and being baited in to arguing with people about the veracity or the accuracy of my interpretation of the events. We agree to disagree which is no big deal, but caught me off guard and agitated already

I just didn't expect the thread to focus on my story as I thought others might feel the need to vent anonymously about things that happened that they kept to themselves

I'm washing my hands of this thread and done with the story. But, if anyone wants to vent in the future I hope I didn't screw it up for them.

Dude. You stated in the first post that this thread was created so others can vent about their stories, or "worse treatment on rotation". You contraindicate yourself within a few paragraphs.... "Oh she was trying to undermine me" to "I didn't expect this thread to be just about me"... Listen: I wasn't trying to "undermine" you. :sleep: Look, I'm sorry what happened to you traumatized you so much. Sorry your ass cheek got backhanded. Go report the dude if its obvious it was only a ploy to just touch you. BTW, I didn't want to steal the spot light from you :rolleyes: :laugh: you're crazy.

Also, this thread wasn't a disaster because you included the attending was gay. It was a disaster because you treat everyone like ****. And you don't need to put parenthesis around innuendos. You look like a [more of a] douche when you do that.

Last edited:
Seriously why are these online forums so toxic? It's nothing but mean comments and ppl attacking ppl. Aren't we supposed to be compassionate ppl? The OP just wanted to vent about a ****ty situation that happened to him. It can't be easy to admit to something like that even if it is online. Why are we so focused on these side issues that don't matter. Yes the OP did react to some of the things other ppl posted but this is how these things seem to go. You post something, ppl write toxic comments, then u react to those comments with perhaps more toxic comments. Let us just all take a step back and look at the more important issue.

What happened isn't right and it is sexual harassment.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. It sucks to be the bottom of the totem pole as a medical student and get harassed because it often feels like there is nothing we can do about it. Also it sucks because we depend on being evaluated from sometimes the ppl who are harassing us. At my school there is an anonymous online reporting system for situations like this. I'm not sure if students actually use it often. However, I did hear from a clerkship director that a previous student reported a resident for sexual harassment. It turned out that this wasn't his first offense. In fact he had a record of harassing students/staff and he was fired from the residency program afterwards.

I think what you need to decided is how serious this situation was. If you felt for sure that it was purely sexual harassment then I would definitely talk to someone about it. No one should feel uncomfortable at their work environment. Also you don't want to enable ppl like this because chances are they are repeat offenders. I would perhaps talk to a counselor or a clerkship director. At my school they encourage this a lot and they move you to a different site if necessary or move you to a different team. At the end of the day, this person should be embarrassed about what he did and not you.

Thanks, I appreciate that

Rotations over soon and I only worked with him one day so I'm just gonna let my vent be it.

thanks for breaking down this mess of a thread and hopefully other people won't hesitate to do the same, I just needed to make an informal complaint here since I knew I wasn't going to do a formal one. I mean if it happened in any other circumstance like a bar rather than rotations during a pt encounter by the senior, I wouldnt have been half as mortified. The uneven power level and professional environment really add another sick dimension

Wait, when did OP get negative comments that weren't reactionary? The only time posters ragged on him is when he went off on one poster for no good reason, and everyone assumed he was going crazy cause someone accidentally moved his butt out of the way in a trauma situation.

Seriously why are these online forums so toxic? It's nothing but mean comments and ppl attacking ppl. Aren't we supposed to be compassionate ppl? The OP just wanted to vent about a ****ty situation that happened to him. It can't be easy to admit to something like that even if it is online. Why are we so focused on these side issues that don't matter. Yes the OP did react to some of the things other ppl posted but this is how these things seem to go. You post something, ppl write toxic comments, then u react to those comments with perhaps more toxic comments. Let us just all take a step back and look at the more important issue.

What happened isn't right and it is sexual harassment.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. It sucks to be the bottom of the totem pole as a medical student and get harassed because it often feels like there is nothing we can do about it. Also it sucks because we depend on being evaluated from sometimes the ppl who are harassing us. At my school there is an anonymous online reporting system for situations like this. I'm not sure if students actually use it often. However, I did hear from a clerkship director that a previous student reported a resident for sexual harassment. It turned out that this wasn't his first offense. In fact he had a record of harassing students/staff and he was fired from the residency program afterwards.

I think what you need to decided is how serious this situation was. If you felt for sure that it was purely sexual harassment then I would definitely talk to someone about it. No one should feel uncomfortable at their work environment. Also you don't want to enable ppl like this because chances are they are repeat offenders. I would perhaps talk to a counselor or a clerkship director. At my school they encourage this a lot and they move you to a different site if necessary or move you to a different team. At the end of the day, this person should be embarrassed about what he did and not you.

LOL...the old 2nd handle maneuver?

Well,
I had a horrible experience. I'm with this med student on trauma surgery helping make sure this guy doesn't screw up and he's way too far away from a stretcher (I mean, has this guy ever rolled over patients?). I don't wanna embarrass him but I seriously wanted to just kick him in the ass to move him over. But I decided to be nice and nudge him with the back of my hand.

Now he's all "OMG THIS GAY GUY TOUCHED MY ASS! I WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED!" Which was annoying but now everyone in the hospital makes fun of him about it. He stands in line at the cafeteria and residents/attendings are like "Don't take offense to this.... but I'm going to stand behind you in line. This isn't sexual."

We're thinking of getting him an anal bum cover.

Well,
I had a horrible experience. I'm with this med student on trauma surgery helping make sure this guy doesn't screw up and he's way too far away from a stretcher (I mean, has this guy ever rolled over patients?). I don't wanna embarrass him but I seriously wanted to just kick him in the ass to move him over. But I decided to be nice and nudge him with the back of my hand.

Now he's all "OMG THIS GAY GUY TOUCHED MY ASS! I WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED!" Which was annoying but now everyone in the hospital makes fun of him about it. He stands in line at the cafeteria and residents/attendings are like "Don't take offense to this.... but I'm going to stand behind you in line. This isn't sexual."

Med students are the worst. Srsly. :thumbup:

Well,

Noooooo.....its him

My sweet sweet asss will never be safe from his hands

I saw this thread and was interested to read some stories....I got this, thread should just be closed to save people time

Well,

:laugh:

Generation Y is seriously the worst. Rent the Birdcage with Robin williams and maybe you guys can see the one extreme of what I am talking about, which offf course is not 100% specific or sensitive but the hand on the ass improves the positive predictive value.

What is this I don't even...

Is this a troll post?

I thought "lifetime donor" and "troll" were mutually exclusive?!!?