Worth going to my UNECOM interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leafs2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a unecom interview coming up but have been accepted to Western -COMP and midwestern in AZ. I love the warm weather locations but if UNECOM is a very strong school and significantly better than the other two then I will go check it out. Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a unecom interview coming up but have been accepted to Western -COMP and midwestern in AZ. I love the warm weather locations but if UNECOM is a very strong school and significantly better than the other two then I will go check it out. Thanks for the advice.

If you can afford it, I say go for it

If you can afford it/ have the time to go, you might as well go check it out.

However, I think when it comes to DO schools, "prestige" of the program does not come into play that strongly. It's not like you're going to get insane academic medicine research opportunities at one place vs the other. I think you should select your school more on where you would like to start networking and potentially securing a residency position. Do you want to practice medicine in the AZ/CA area? If so, it may be beneficial to stay in that area.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can afford it/ have the time to go, you might as well go check it out.

However, I think when it comes to DO schools, "prestige" of the program does not come into play that strongly. It's not like you're going to get insane academic medicine research opportunities at one place vs the other. I think you should select your school more on where you would like to start networking and potentially securing a residency position. Do you want to practice medicine in the AZ/CA area? If so, it may be beneficial to stay in that area.

:thumbup: I concur.

Agree with the others. At a certain point it comes to personal preference of location. I think most would agree those schools are all on the same tier and will give similar opportunities as long as you work hard.

Ok if you can stand the bone-chilling cold (I interviewed in early Nov and it was only 30F with a lower windchill), I would go. I was super impressed with their school/ammenities. Plus, their rotation sites are solid. It is kind of expensive though.