Would being a Medscribe be beneficial??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Antsi3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I've been looking for the past 2 months for PT Aide/Tech positions in my area (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area)
and there has been no success. I applied to about 10-12 positions that were both in the hospital and outpatient settings. I'm still currently looking but my friends are medscribes and I wanted to know if that would benefit me? I want to start working in the pt field but I know being a medscribe is more geared to med school and p.a.
Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

not likely to change your chances of admission significantly. but a job's a job if you need money

Last edited:
No, it wouldn't. And it's ****ty pay and long hours. Don't bother if you just want to be a PT

Members don't see this ad :)
if you "just" want to be a PT

Because being a PT is clearly a plan B intended for those who don't have what it takes to be a physician, right?

Be a little more thoughtful regarding what your imply with your use of language.

Last edited:
Because being a PT is clearly a plan B intended for those who don't have what it takes to be a physician, right?

Even if that's not what you meant, you should be more thoughtful regarding what your imply with your use of language.

I don't know about you, but I can't count the number of times I've wistfully watched the herds of residents wishing that I could be one of them. Alas, I was destined to only be a PT. It's a secret shame I carry throughout life. I lament my lowly PT status almost daily during my 5:00 Pilates class. Or happy hour.

So. Many. Regrets.

Reactions: 3 users