Would this course count under my BCPM gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delightfullyme12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is classified under environmental science at my school however ecology is considered a biology course according to AMCAS.

Thx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All of my ecology courses went under bcpm

It is classified under environmental science at my school however ecology is considered a biology course according to AMCAS.

ENV 1303
Wildlife Ecology
1303 Wildlife Ecology
Introduction to wildlife identification, populations, life histories, behavior and habitats and the role of wildlife in ecological communities and ecosystems.
If the catalog course description makes it sound like at least 50% of the class is hard science, then your designation of the class as BIO on the AMCAS application won't be challenged by the transcript verifier. Content is the determinant of the classification, not the course prefix provided by the school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If the catalog course description makes it sound like at least 50% of the class is hard science, then your designation of the class as BIO on the AMCAS application won't be challenged by the transcript verifier. Content is the determinant of the classification, not the course prefix provided by the school.

I’ve heard it’s also the department itself that it is under

I had a friend who took a psych course offered at our school, I mean it was a full on statistics course... but it was under the psych department and it didn’t count...

I had a friend who took a psych course offered at our school, I mean it was a full on statistics course... but it was under the psych department and it didn’t count...
In Texas it wouldn't count (for TMDSAS schools), but for AMCAS it should have. An appeal could have been made to re-examine the decision.

In Texas it wouldn't count (for TMDSAS schools), but for AMCAS it should have. An appeal could have been made to re-examine the decision.

Really?! That’s interesting. He prob should’ve appealed it but he didn’t. I honestly don’t see AMCAS changing it