pinipig523

I like my job!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Missing Chicago
Status
Attending Physician
If push comes to shove, can IM and IM subspecialties deny medicare?

adam6

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I understand the business reasons to limit medicare patients (without the doc fix)...but denying them doesn't sit well in my gut. My dad is now covered by medicare and my mom isn't far from it. I would be pretty upset if doctors turned them away...so it'd be pretty hypocritical for me to do the same to someone else's parents. Maybe a bit idealistic of me, but hey!

J1515

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2004
Status
I understand the business reasons to limit medicare patients (without the doc fix)...but denying them doesn't sit well in my gut. My dad is now covered by medicare and my mom isn't far from it. I would be pretty upset if doctors turned them away...so it'd be pretty hypocritical for me to do the same to someone else's parents. Maybe a bit idealistic of me, but hey!
So who will the public blame? Us greedy doctors or Mr. "for the people" Obama? I think we all know the answer.

BlazerMed

King Arthur
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2006
Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you go out of business because Medicare reimbursements don't cover costs, you won't be helping anybody...