Would you guys be able to deny medicare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinipig523

I like my job!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If push comes to shove, can IM and IM subspecialties deny medicare?

Members don't see this ad.

If push comes to shove, can IM and IM subspecialties deny medicare?

That's probably far more dependent on the physician's practice than their specialty.

I understand the business reasons to limit medicare patients (without the doc fix)...but denying them doesn't sit well in my gut. My dad is now covered by medicare and my mom isn't far from it. I would be pretty upset if doctors turned them away...so it'd be pretty hypocritical for me to do the same to someone else's parents. Maybe a bit idealistic of me, but hey!

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand the business reasons to limit medicare patients (without the doc fix)...but denying them doesn't sit well in my gut. My dad is now covered by medicare and my mom isn't far from it. I would be pretty upset if doctors turned them away...so it'd be pretty hypocritical for me to do the same to someone else's parents. Maybe a bit idealistic of me, but hey!

So who will the public blame? Us greedy doctors or Mr. "for the people" Obama? I think we all know the answer.

If you go out of business because Medicare reimbursements don't cover costs, you won't be helping anybody...