Would you pick a specialty based on family life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really agree with this. I want a career that interests me, or else I'll probably be unhappy. And being unhappy with your career will spill over into making all those things that matter more than a career (family time/wife/kids etc) not all that great. Make yourself happy, and then you can worry about others.

That being said, I think picking a speciality you don't like, just because it will give you time at home with your family is crazy. But, for me, and probably a lot of other people on here, I'm interested in A LOT of specialities. And if you can narrow down the choices of the ones you like based on their regular work loads, then sure. Time outside my career means a lot.

I'm really interested in pathology also, and love clinical microbiology as well as the anotomic side of pathology. A lot of pathologists have very undemanding jobs, are well respected, make good money, and work regular hours. It will be hard to decide to choose a medical career without direct patient care though.
If you want an excellent lifestyle, I suggest you go into spinal surgery. - its family friendly.:thumbup:. open up a private practice with some other colleagues and work part time- from what i know, most part time Spinal surgeons earn around 40-50k a month, full time .. i can imagine its double the amount- work 4 days a week, and youll spend all the time you need with your family. Lord know im going to do it. i love nature and family- especially around christmas time. cold weather and snow. love that feeling:)

Members don't see this ad.

If you want an excellent lifestyle, I suggest you go into spinal surgery. - its family friendly.:thumbup:. open up a private practice with some other colleagues and work part time- from what i know, most part time Spinal surgeons earn around 40-50k a month, full time .. i can imagine its double the amount- work 4 days a week, and youll spend all the time you need with your family. Lord know im going to do it. i love nature and family- especially around christmas time. cold weather and snow. love that feeling:)

If by family friendly you mean that your such a malignant person that your family is better off by not having to see you for 7 years.

hahahahha i love this, im a senior in high school and i cant wait to gtfo out. college then Med school, then the good stuff. Hopefully practicing Neurosurgery in about 15 years..phuck

:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This! You only live once fellas.

It ain't even about 'family'. Its about memories and living richly.

I never felt as happy going into to that job/school/hospital/work as I did leaving at the end of the day...even on the best days.

Theres an eloquent and moving post over in the Gas Forum that anyone thinking about working for da' man the rest of their life should read.

You know, and maybe it isn't this way, but the cynical side of me secretly suspects it, but this "live richly" nonsense is just a way for lazy and distractable people to rationalize their nonsense.

NeuroChris said:
I found that wearing the white coat, scrubs in public helps alot. my older bro did and got like 4 chicks numbers. white coat and scrubs plays a small part, its all about being urself and smooth talkin the ladies. his chiseled good looks helped alot lol
:

+pity+

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is he trolling himself? I'm confused as to what his intentions are...

Simple he has made a new log-on and has trolled his other logon so that we won't think the new logon is the same person as the old logon.

Sorry for busting your chops chris but I can't help myself. If you're from the west coast and visit the university of caucasians lost among asians I am the guy with the big cowboy hat (okay sometimes its a little one or alternatively a trilby). But be careful I am known to have a mean roundhouse even though I'm the oldest MS1 in history at 71 years old

Last edited:
Simple he has made a new log-on and has trolled his other logon so that we won't think the new logon is the same person as the old logon.

Sorry for busting your chops chris but I can't help myself. If you're from the west coast and visit the university of caucasians lost among asians I am the guy with the big cowboy hat (okay sometimes its a little one or alternatively a trilby). But be careful I am known to have a mean roundhouse even though I'm the oldest MS1 in history at 71 years old
lol it cool bro

My inspiration for getting into the medical profession was the death of someone too young and very close to me waiting for an organ transplant to save his life. I had the chance to follow an abdominal transplant surgeon and her team for a couple procurements. It was an absolutely amazing experience. I learned so much and just to be part of it was incredible.

On the plane ride back from the procurement I asked her about her schedule. She is "on call" 24/7. She can never consume alcohol or even too much caffeine. She can never go more than an hour away from home so that she is able to stop what she's doing, get her family back to the house and be at the hospital/airport in time. "You get used to it," she said. Several member of the team already had divorces as a result of the ridiculous schedule. When she isn't doing surgery she is working on research.

If by family friendly you mean that your such a malignant person that your family is better off by not having to see you for 7 years.

I heard a neurosurgeon I know tell this joke, "How do you hide a $100 bill from a neurosurgeon? Duct tape it to his kids forehead."

The poor guy was on his THIRD marriage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny thing is about all of the people going on and on and on about how important their lifestyle is, I bet if you asked them if they still wanted people doing critical care, like myself, or transplant surgery, or neuro-trauma, they'd all say, "of course, just not me".

So to all of the lazy and entitled people I say, "You're welcome, bet you're glad someone wasn't too selfish to do it" . . . especially when their mom or dad or grandparent or child finds his or her way to my MICU, bet they'll be glad I spent more time there becoming an expert at taking care of critical illness than on some beach or climbing some mountain or "backpacking" across some godforsaken western european nation.

Thanks for your mighty sacrifice.

It's not a mighty sacrifice. We do what we do, and we do it because you don't want to, and you're still welcome.

Not everyone can be a front line troop or a special operator, some people just hang out at the rear and make breakfast or fix the jeeps.

I heard a neurosurgeon I know tell this joke, "How do you hide a $100 bill from a neurosurgeon? Duct tape it to his kids forehead."

The poor guy was on his THIRD marriage.

Jokes are supposed to make you :laugh:. That just made me :(.

It's not a mighty sacrifice. We do what we do, and we do it because you don't want to, and you're still welcome.

Not everyone can be a front line troop or a special operator, some people just hang out at the rear and make breakfast or fix the jeeps.

Are you for real? Man alive...

We do what we do, and we do it because you don't want to.

If self-righteousness is what motivates you, I guess you don't have much of a choice but to whip your own flesh. I bet you're a bucket of laughs when it comes time to empty the trash.

One day you're going to realize that most of your patients are just regular "lazy" folk who generally enjoy life when they're not in the ICU. Then you'll wonder which side you're really on, those on the "front lines" or just fixing the jeeps. A recipe for bitterness if I've ever seen one.

If self-righteousness is what motivates you, I guess you don't have much of a choice but to whip your own flesh. I bet you're a bucket of laughs when it comes time to empty the trash.

This isn't about self-righteousness. Don't project your nonsense onto me kid.

One day you're going to realize that most of your patients are just regular "lazy" folk who generally enjoy life when they're not in the ICU. Then you'll wonder which side you're really on, those on the "front lines" or just fixing the jeeps. A recipe for bitterness if I've ever seen one.

This is priceless. I've got a medical student lecturing to me about my patient population? I know who I take care of, mostly because I'm the one taking care of them, while most of the rest of you can't be bothered with it because you think you're too good for that kind of work. I'm not bitter. I love my job. This seems to be a idea lost on so many of you "I just want an easy life and money" people.

Let me ask you this. Do you think there should be general surgeons, trauma surgeons, transplant surgeons, cardiologists in the cath lab, and intensivists in the ICUs?

Funny thing is about all of the people going on and on and on about how important their lifestyle is, I bet if you asked them if they still wanted people doing critical care, like myself, or transplant surgery, or neuro-trauma, they'd all say, "of course, just not me".

So to all of the lazy and entitled people I say, "You're welcome, bet you're glad someone wasn't too selfish to do it" . . . especially when their mom or dad or grandparent or child finds his or her way to my MICU, bet they'll be glad I spent more time there becoming an expert at taking care of critical illness than on some beach or climbing some mountain or "backpacking" across some godforsaken western european nation.

:clap:

Dude wtf r u trying to convey you go to medical school in the Caribbean what a joke...

Poster has a point like I stated earlier.. someone has to do it. And you don't go into it if you don't like it or want to do it so there is no reason to be an as* to someone who says they are interested in a non-life style specialty.

Conversely, you wouldn't want someone who's heart isn't in it to enter a some of the non-lifestyle fields. I would hope that most medical students do their best to figure out what practice environment and field they are best suited. Some people just aren't suited for neurosurg, trauma, CC, gen surg, etc.

As far as being thankful, medical students have every opportunity to determine their path. If someone CHOOSES a malignant lifestyle they aren't martyring themselves (at least I don't view it this way). It is simply what they WANT to do... I will neither feel sorry or thankful for them. Just another person pursuing their passion.

Conversely, you wouldn't want someone who's heart isn't in it to enter a some of the non-lifestyle fields. I would hope that most medical students do their best to figure out what practice environment and field they are best suited. Some people just aren't suited for neurosurg, trauma, CC, gen surg, etc.

As far as being thankful, medical students have every opportunity to determine their path. If someone CHOOSES a malignant lifestyle they aren't martyring themselves (at least I don't view it this way). It is simply what they WANT to do... I will neither feel sorry or thankful for them. Just another person pursuing their passion.

The politician arrives and makes the appropriate point.

Sometimes you have to push the extreme edge of the other side of an argument for the other group to see how much they are looking like asshats.

Dude wtf r u trying to convey you go to medical school in the Caribbean what a joke...

Poster has a point like I stated earlier.. someone has to do it. And you don't go into it if you don't like it or want to do it so there is no reason to be an as* to someone who says they are interested in a non-life style specialty.

:laugh:

This isn't about self-righteousness. Don't project your nonsense onto me kid.

It is the definition of self-righteousness. "Front line" soldier bemoaning all the "lazy and entitled" people not doing what he is doing...come on. Right or wrong, you are being patently, forcefully sanctimonious.

This is priceless. I've got a medical student lecturing to me about my patient population?

Yeah, I know, ridiculous of me to suggest that your patients are regular, average people who don't generally work in the MICU. That kind of information doesn't get taught until 3rd year of residency at the least.

Chances are I'm older than you, my angry friend. Being a fellow makes you a much better authority over me in managing patients, not in dispensing life lessons. You don't even purport to offer advice, just hurl abuse - no doubt your residency never taught you the difference.

I know who I take care of, mostly because I'm the one taking care of them, while most of the rest of you can't be bothered with it because you think you're too good for that kind of work.

Ah, there it is. Condescension and inferiority complex all rolled into one sentence. I'm still not clear why you do what you do: is it because no one else will, or because you enjoy it?

I'm not bitter. I love my job. This seems to be a idea lost on so many of you "I just want an easy life and money" people.

Then what's with the chip on your shoulder? Why do you care if someone values their family time more than their work time?

And before you start (er, continue) to hurl the ad hominem tu quo que's my way, I am going into general surgery. I'm doing so because I love it, not because I cherish the prospect of having no time outside the hospital. I certainly don't begrudge anyone going into a less intensive specialty, any more than I begrudge someone who decided to go into engineering rather than medicine. People make sacrifices to do the things they love, and if it isn't worth it to them who are you to challenge their accounting?

Let me ask you this. Do you think there should be general surgeons, trauma surgeons, transplant surgeons, cardiologists in the cath lab, and intensivists in the ICUs?

Sure. I also think there should be garbage men, waitresses, and radiologists. What's your point?

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure jdh71 is getting some heat for questioning the motivation and virtues of those going into lifestyle specialties, not the other way around.

Also: I guess it's ok to be an as* to someone in a Caribbean school? That was over the line, man...

Yeah, I know, ridiculous of me to suggest that your patients are regular, average people who don't generally work in the MICU. That kind of information doesn't get taught until 3rd year of residency at the least.

Way to miss the point there champ. I know who my patients are. Do you want some ****ing point for low hanging fruit and obvious statements?

Chances are I'm older than you, my angry friend. Being a fellow makes you a much better authority over me in managing patients, not in dispensing life lessons. You don't even purport to offer advice, just hurl abuse - no doubt your residency never taught you the difference.

Chances are probably not, but it doesn't matter. I'm not hurling "abuse" I'm making a point about one side of this discussion after the last page was much about how stupid anyone is for working so long and not being "well-rounded" in life, blah, blah, blah. The point being all those people that want to go into lifestyle specialties still want the rest of us to be working the long hours, just not them.

Then what's with the chip on your shoulder? Why do you care if someone values their family time more than their work time?

Again way to miss the point. I don't care if someone values family time more than work. What is garbage is the idea that the rest of us don't value that same family time, and that we must not find it important if we work the kind of jobs we do. That's asinine. Like I said, I'm sure all these people want someone doing the work the rest of us are while they work their job-share.

And before you start (er, continue) to hurl the ad hominem tu quo que's my way, I am going into general surgery.

There's not been a single ad hominem anywhere in this discussion. Are you a ****ing idiot? No don't answer that question because it is clearly rhetorical. (and before you do it, that's still NOT an ad hominem :laugh: [waits for it] - that's simply an insult one does not equal the other, except under specific circumstances)

Good luck in surgery

Way to miss the point there champ. I know who my patients are. Do you want some ****ing point for low hanging fruit and obvious statements?

Well, which is it - I'm not qualified to speak about your patients, or it is obvious who your patients are? Guess it doesn't matter, you'll argue whichever is convenient.

I'm not hurling "abuse" I'm making a point about one side of this discussion after the last page was much about how stupid anyone is for working so long and not being "well-rounded" in life, blah, blah, blah.

So instead of addressing the argument that non-lifestyle specialties are stupid, you just go straight to how lifestyle specialties are lazy? That's not an argument, that's inane, and it doesn't make you any more correct than those you're arguing against.

The point being all those people that want to go into lifestyle specialties still want the rest of us to be working the long hours, just not them...

So you're saying they're...hypocrites?

There's not been a single ad hominem anywhere in this discussion.

Oh, right. Sorry.

Good luck in surgery

See you on the floor

Well, which is it - I'm not qualified to speak about your patients, or it is obvious who your patients are? Guess it doesn't matter, you'll argue whichever is convenient.

Dude, it obvious to me who my patients are. I take care of them. I thought it was funny you were attempting to lecture me about the obvious.

So instead of addressing the argument that non-lifestyle specialties are stupid, you just go straight to how lifestyle specialties are lazy? That's not an argument, that's inane, and it doesn't make you any more correct than those you're arguing against.

There is no argument against a statement that "non-lifestyle specialties are stupid" because it obvious they are not stupid, and everyone would like surgeons to operate and intensivists to run vents - this obvious, and it's sad I had to even point it out. And I never made an argument that lifestyle specialties were "lazy". My point, and pay attention here, was about the people that go into those specialties, and largely the reasons behind it as stated plainly in this thread, are probably lazy. You're not very good in drawing out nuanced points are you?

So you're saying they're...hypocrites?

Many of them for sure.

My point, and pay attention here, was about the people that go into those specialties, and largely the reasons behind it as stated plainly in this thread, are probably lazy.

Not quite sure how wanting time with ones family and therefore choosing a career that you love and that works "only" 50-60 hours a week is lazy.

And I never made an argument that lifestyle specialties were "lazy". My point, and pay attention here, was about the people that go into those specialties, and largely the reasons behind it as stated plainly in this thread, are probably lazy.

I've been using the term "specialties" interchangeably with "the people that go into those specialties," as I suspect most people have (how the hell can a categorization be lazy? Really now). Do you really think there's a significant distinction between a specialty and the people who constitute that specialty?

You're not very good in drawing out nuanced points are you?

Oh, the irony.

Many of them for sure.

We are so close to the corral, you just need a nudge...

Edit: Ok, that's probably too subtle. In your own words, your argument is that people who go into lifestyle specialties are probably lazy, and hypocrites to boot. Those are both two forms of ad hominem (abusive and tu quo que) fallacies, and further they do nothing to address the argument that non-lifestyle specialties are populated with people who have no regard for family life, are stupid, or whatever perceived argument you're railing against. Not only are there ad hominem fallacies in your argument, they constitute your entire argument. Q.E.D.

I have to admit I'm a little let down that we've come this far and I have to spell it out...

Last edited:
I've been using the term "specialties" interchangeably with "the people that go into those specialties," as I suspect most people have (how the hell can a categorization be lazy? Really now). Do you really think there's a significant distinction between a specialty and the people who constitute that specialty?

Of course there is a difference. How can a specialty itself have the quality of the any of the human beings that populate them. Not everyone in any given specialty fits any one rule.

We are so close to the corral, you just need a nudge...

Edit: Ok, that's probably too subtle. In your own words, your argument is that people who go into lifestyle specialties are probably lazy, and hypocrites to boot. Those are both two forms of ad hominem (abusive and tu quo que) fallacies, and further they do nothing to address the argument that non-lifestyle specialties are populated with people who have no regard for family life, are stupid, or whatever perceived argument you're railing against. Not only are there ad hominem fallacies in your argument, they constitute your entire argument. Q.E.D.

I have to admit I'm a little let down that we've come this far and I have to spell it out...

:lame:

Ok. I see what you were trying to do here now. The fact that I think many of these people are lazy and/or hypocrites is not my argument. It's an assessment I've made, an opinion, but not the argument itself. In much the same way that I think you're a half-rate douchebag isn't my argument against you, because it's not an argument at all.

What I've said is this:

"What is garbage is the idea that the rest of us don't value that same family time, and that we must not find it important if we work the kind of jobs we do"

and

"all those people that want to go into lifestyle specialties still want the rest of us to be working the long hours, just not them"

None of which are some sort of argument that "life-style specialties are stupid" which was never my point. I've made some observations, and I think much what is said about life-style is nothing more than rationalization for certain personality traits that I don't have a ton of respect for. The medical system needs people doing all kinds of things, and it's not dermatology's fault it has reasonable hours. In no place am I making an argument that two wrongs make a right.

The way you've intellectually dishonestly decided to define the discussion, draw a big strawman out what of what I've said, knocking it down impressively, while declaring victory speaks volumes about what a special kind of piece of **** you are. Prizes to you champ.

Not quite sure how wanting time with ones family and therefore choosing a career that you love and that works "only" 50-60 hours a week is lazy.

I don't see how one could even get through med school and match to a competitive lifestyle specialty if they were lazy

I've been up in this thread running my mouth and I'm not entirely sure how to extricate myself in any sort of dignified fashion. I think the world needs all kinds. "Lazy" is much to extreme and way to much of s generalization. I have occasionally run into douchebags on this issue and it's unfair to paint to broadly. So, with that I'm owning where I was wrong and I'm bowing out.

I'll say this. The issue boils down to how much you value every additional minute of non-work time vs. work time. By no means is this an indictment on your value of non-work time (we'll call this family time). All it means to me is that you are content with less family time than others if you choose more work time BUT does not mean you don't value the time itself because you wouldn't be making a decision between work vs. family time in the first place if you didn't. Choosing more family time doesn't mean you value family time any more than a person who chooses less, you just choose to have more of it (i.e. 1 bar of gold satisfies my needs that 2 wouldn't add). Quantity has no bearing on intrinsic worth. It does on the price you are going to pay to have it. Not sure if this makes any sense, but it does in my head haha.

I don't know about you guys but I want to be a top surgeon, the best I can be. I don't have a girlfriend or significant other and family is important to me but I think my career comes first at this point.. maybe im in the minority on this one.. im only 23 years old and I casually date but thats just me.. I get bored pretty easily too and always like to be busy, im not one to just sit around and "relax." Maybe things will change, maybe they won't but thats what I'm thinking right now
I was waiting for somebody to say this. I'm starting school, and right now, I just want to be the best that I can be. I have no intention (and I'm not just saying this) of having a family and def no kids. So, ideally I would want my work to consume a bigger portion of my life than the average person. I'm serious about helping improve health care in impoverished countries. A lot of the things that I'm saying are a direct results of my life before I started college. I've thought about this plenty. Granted-med school might change this thinking, but I would know deep down that I'm not staying true to myself.

I'm glad for all you people that find happiness in relationships, but I've tried that and it's just not for me. I've been in some casual relationships, but always felt very uncomfortable. I moved out when I was 15, and I was so happy to be away from my family.

Don't you guys realize that everyone's different. How can you say this:

How could someone not want a family? What a lonely, miserable existence that would be. I'm not even talking about children, because I have none and can't speak from experience, but about having a significant other to share your life with.

"No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"

-- Elbert Hubbard

Especially since your in medicine, I hope you learn to stay away from absolutism.

I do agree with this:
Not family life but personal life. What person would want to work 100 hours a week for most of their career, family or no family?

I was waiting for somebody to say this. I'm starting school, and right now, I just want to be the best that I can be. I have no intention (and I'm not just saying this) of having a family and def no kids. So, ideally I would want my work to consume a bigger portion of my life than the average person. I'm serious about helping improve health care in impoverished countries. A lot of the things that I'm saying are a direct results of my life before I started college. I've thought about this plenty. Granted-med school might change this thinking, but I would know deep down that I'm not staying true to myself.

I'm glad for all you people that find happiness in relationships, but I've tried that and it's just not for me. I've been in some casual relationships, but always felt very uncomfortable. I moved out when I was 15, and I was so happy to be away from my family.

Don't you guys realize that everyone's different. How can you say this:

How could someone not want a family? What a lonely, miserable existence that would be. I'm not even talking about children, because I have none and can't speak from experience, but about having a significant other to share your life with.

"No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"

-- Elbert Hubbard

Especially since your in medicine, I hope you learn to stay away from absolutism.

I do agree with this:
Not family life but personal life. What person would want to work 100 hours a week for most of their career, family or no family?

I'm not sure if you are mocking me or not..

Either way I think personalities amongst med students are all very similar.. my high school friends and college friends who all did not go into medicine are single for the most part and casually dating, like to go out, socialize etc and don't have marriage on their minds at 23 years old. I get to medical school, all the hot chicks are engaged, this ones in a long term relationship etc. Med students are big planners, everything in life needs to fit into this perfect little puzzle. Go to college -> meet future husband -> go to medical school -> go into family medicine and settle down in the country side and have lots of kids by the age of 30. It is kinda ridiculous.. live your f'n life and if that special someone pops up or whatever then make life altering career decisions.. don't plan the other way around. Its one thing if your not interested in a time/life intensive field.. its another to make a sacrifice for a non existent person right now.

Either way I think personalities amongst med students are all very similar.. my high school friends and college friends who all did not go into medicine are single for the most part and casually dating, like to go out, socialize etc and don't have marriage on their minds at 23 years old. I get to medical school, all the hot chicks are engaged, this ones in a long term relationship etc. Med students are big planners, everything in life needs to fit into this perfect little puzzle. Go to college -> meet future husband -> go to medical school -> go into family medicine and settle down in the country side and have lots of kids by the age of 30. It is kinda ridiculous.. live your f'n life and if that special someone pops up or whatever then make life altering career decisions.. don't plan the other way around. Its one thing if your not interested in a time/life intensive field.. its another to make a sacrifice for a non existent person right now.

And my experience is very different. Most of my class isn't married or engaged and the ones that are are usually the non trads. None of my good friends from college who went to med school are married while quite a few who didn't are married, some with kids.

For me choosing a decent field for hours is not considered a sacrifice, it's what I want for my personal life regardless of having a family or not. I've always been about working hard and efficiently and enjoying my free time

And my experience is very different. Most of my class isn't married or engaged and the ones that are are usually the non trads. None of my good friends from college who went to med school are married while quite a few who didn't are married, some with kids.

For me choosing a decent field for hours is not considered a sacrifice, it's what I want for my personal life regardless of having a family or not. I've always been about working hard and efficiently and enjoying my free time

Yeah and as long as the field your in genuinely interests you thats great.. For example I did a lot of work with ENTs these past few months and the main reason I did it was because its a lifestyle surgical sub specialty with good pay and good hours and I wanted to get a feel for it..needless to say I have 0 interest in ears, noses or throats.. maybe head/neck would be different but I literally hated the in office patient visits and I don't think I would choose the field even with the great step score and all that because it doesn't hold my interest at all... if I had to deal with reflux, allergies and conductive hearing loss all day I'd shoot myself.

Already planning to marry someone at least 22 years younger than yourself, all the makings of a great surgeon ;)

I just want to be the best that I can be. I have no intention (and I'm not just saying this) of having a family and def no kids.

Assuming from your sn and avatar that you are desi, :eek: HERESY!!
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Also under the assumption that at least you aren't a chick.

I'm assuming there aren't that many Economist readers on SDN, but this article is tangentially related:
http://www.economist.com/node/21526329

Yeah and as long as the field your in genuinely interests you thats great.. For example I did a lot of work with ENTs these past few months and the main reason I did it was because its a lifestyle surgical sub specialty with good pay and good hours and I wanted to get a feel for it..needless to say I have 0 interest in ears, noses or throats.. maybe head/neck would be different but I literally hated the in office patient visits and I don't think I would choose the field even with the great step score and all that because it doesn't hold my interest at all... if I had to deal with reflux, allergies and conductive hearing loss all day I'd shoot myself.

I def agree. There's a reason I'm not doing derm

What you find amiable to your lifestyle will change as you age and mature.

"Did you, or did you not order the code red?"