Wow. Race plays a HUGE part in acceptance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmirTheDoc

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check these chart shows out. African American with a 3.2 has like a same chance as as Caucasian or Asian with a 3.8! Glad I'm African American!
-Also, do med schools accept CC pre req? I took gen bio 1 and 2, and gen chem 1 at CC. I doubt they would make it a big deal right?
 
Check these chart shows out. African American with a 3.2 has like a same chance as as Caucasian or Asian with a 3.8! Glad I'm African American!
-Also, do med schools accept CC pre req? I took gen bio 1 and 2, and gen chem 1 at CC. I doubt they would make it a big deal right?
Table A-24: MCAT and GPA Grid for Applicants and Acceptees by Selected Race and Ethnicity, 2013-2014 through 2015-2016 (Aggregated) - Applicants and Matriculants Data - FACTS: Applicants, Matriculants, Enrollment, Graduates, MD/PhD, and Residency Applicants Data - Data and Analysis - AAMC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG_7693.JPG
 
You should be aiming to do the best in UG and on MCAT. The reason there is a disparity in numbers is because the populations have distinctly different ranges in gpa and MCAT so an MCAT of 508 may be 80th percentile for the general population but it is is 95~ percentile for AA URM. It is no cake walk because you are still ultimately competing against peers.
 
Welcome! Before some lil troll with their panties in a bunch tries to ream you, there's an underrepresented in medicine forum (URM) that has a lot of good info. Starting there and looking at the aamc tables above might be useful. The stickied threads on the top of the Pre-MD forum are also clutch.




like 30% confident you are tht troll trying to spit fire but hey, girl can dream
 
yes. Is there a problem with that? im a freshmen just trying to make it to medical school. I learn new information every day.
Nope nothing wrong with that. In the future you can use the search function as there have been many many threads about this in the past. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.