You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WREB taken and PASSED - ask me anything
Started by dPseh
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello, congratulations! do you know any reliable mock wreb classes for the clinical part?, any state does not matter, I will attend. and what did you study for the computer part? thank you in advance.
No classes that I know of. The school I attend provided some "prep" classes, but I never showed up to any of them. Our school also made us go through "mock boards" where they simulated the grading and criteria for the exam. I don't know of any outside sources that would host WREB prep classes.Hello, congratulations! do you know any reliable mock wreb classes for the clinical part?, any state does not matter, I will attend. and what did you study for the computer part? thank you in advance.
As for the computer part, I studied how to write Rx's (dosage frequency, how many tabs, etc.), and lab slips (crowns, bridges, RPD's, etc.). I studied a few things about treatment modifications for pt's with certain diseases (heart attack, bisphosphonates, antibiotic pre-med, etc.). There really isn't much to study. Know the candidate guide well because that will help you.
Hello Doctor,
I will take the WREB on August.
Would you please tell me the exact requirements for ideal class 2 on a premolars? Do I need to open the contacts? Angulation? Thank you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please consult your WREB manual for ideal prep requirements. It’s the same for all posterior teeth.Hello Doctor,
I will take the WREB on August.
Would you please tell me the exact requirements for ideal class 2 on a premolars? Do I need to open the contacts? Angulation? Thank you.
Yes, open the contacts. Manual says you can open it 0.5-1mm. No box angulation, manual says something along the lines of parallel or slightly convergent (I think).
Just check your manual. It will tell you more than I can.
How can you help find ideal patients? Thank you.
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
The endo plastic teeth are they all the same or there is different sizes and forms, I am taking USC and the dental store there said it is tooth #9 and #31 but not sure if all the same. Thanks
The endo plastic teeth are they all the same or there is different sizes and forms, I am taking USC and the dental store there said it is tooth #9 and #31 but not sure if all the same. Thanks
Congratulations
For the endo section, the teeth are all the same !
Thanks
For the endo section, the teeth are all the same !
Thanks
For the access for molar, were the canals under the cusp tips? How far distal did you have to go? Was it well past the central fossa?
Oh boy, you’re asking something I did not even pay attention to. I just started in the central fossa and just extended my access mesially and distally in a trapezoid until I found my canals.For the access for molar, were the canals under the cusp tips? How far distal did you have to go? Was it well past the central fossa?
Would highly recommend purchasing some practice teeth so you can get a feel for it. The WREB molar is similar to the practice teeth in terms of difficulty.
Would you happen to know where to find out which states require the optional prosthodontic and 2nd operative sections of clinical portion?
My bad, I'm like, 3 weeks late. Haha.
I fortunately didn't have to find out since I was just concerned with my current state requirements. I would call WREB as a first step though. Hopefully you found the answer already.
Would you happen to know where to find out which states require the optional prosthodontic and 2nd operative sections of clinical portion?
I think you have to call the dental board of each state you’re interested in. It is a lot of work but better find that out sooner than later.
Charteroak
New Member
Hi Doctor, I am looking for a DA for my WREB exam in June at LLU. Any recommendation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually asked an underclassmate (3rd year) to assist me! It's nice because she kinda of knows what to look for when she checks your prep or for calculus during the perio section. I didn't spend a lot of money for a registered or certified DA. Didn't think it was worth it.Hi Doctor, I am looking for a DA for my WREB exam in June at LLU. Any recommendation?